Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Remembering the Goblin King
1 2 3
This is my Jareth fan dragon. I created him a [s]month[/s] (oh gosh, week, actually) or so after I joined, but I think today's a good day to share him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6898302] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68984/6898302_350.png[/img] [/url]
This is my Jareth fan dragon. I created him a month (oh gosh, week, actually) or so after I joined, but I think today's a good day to share him.

6898302_350.png
Wind's High Level
Howling
Commanders
Dragon Lending Program
@SherokuTakari That dragon is gorgeous and pretty much perfect! Fun story: I was actually terrified of the Labyrinth and David Bowie until I was about 12 or 13. My first experience with the movie was watching it with my mom when I was about 5 and for some reason, the scene where he busts through the window as a barn owl scare the bejeezus out of me. I wouldn't give the movie another shot until I was in middle school. At that point I remember being very impressed with the 'Within You' scene and just the cinematography of that bit, and I absolutely loved the line 'I'm exhausted from living up to your expectations of me'. Really the only reason I gave the movie another chance (though I'm glad I did) was because I grew up listening to David Bowie's music. My parents were always playing it in the car. In honor of David Bowie, I got this little guy off the AH [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19996090] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199961/19996090_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Ziggy. As soon as I got him I changed him from a Guardian to a Tundra because I knew the fire mane would be glorious.
@SherokuTakari

That dragon is gorgeous and pretty much perfect!

Fun story: I was actually terrified of the Labyrinth and David Bowie until I was about 12 or 13. My first experience with the movie was watching it with my mom when I was about 5 and for some reason, the scene where he busts through the window as a barn owl scare the bejeezus out of me. I wouldn't give the movie another shot until I was in middle school. At that point I remember being very impressed with the 'Within You' scene and just the cinematography of that bit, and I absolutely loved the line 'I'm exhausted from living up to your expectations of me'. Really the only reason I gave the movie another chance (though I'm glad I did) was because I grew up listening to David Bowie's music. My parents were always playing it in the car.

In honor of David Bowie, I got this little guy off the AH

19996090_350.png

This is Ziggy. As soon as I got him I changed him from a Guardian to a Tundra because I knew the fire mane would be glorious.
Oh no... I had no idea he was ill. Labyrinth was one of the first movies I remember watching when I was little, both me and my sister had huge crushes on Jareth. This is very sad news, I'm tearing up right now. Rest in piece, Starman.
Oh no... I had no idea he was ill. Labyrinth was one of the first movies I remember watching when I was little, both me and my sister had huge crushes on Jareth. This is very sad news, I'm tearing up right now. Rest in piece, Starman.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
You know, I don't know anything about claims if **** and sexual abuse... By here's what I do know...

David Bowie was more than a singer or occasional actor. He was an artist and someone who honestly, should be everyone's hero in some way.

David Bowie didnt make it okay to be "weird"... He made it cool.

He challenged gender definitions and made the world a more welcoming and accepting place towards androgyny.

He fought media for the rights of minority musicians who didn't get as much attention as their white counterparts.

He beautifully illustrated just how fabulous it is to be different. He was a forward thinker and someone who helped pave the way for others to lead successful and happy lives.

I've lost family... Family who hurt me, who could be considered deplorable in some ways... Family I have every right to never forgive. But here's the thing. That person is dead. They can't apologize or speak for themselves. The dead can't change anything, hating them can't change anything. All you can do is move on. Besides, the possibility that he hurt people, doesn't erase the good he did for countless others. Since I haven't heard solid proof that he did anything horrible, I'd rather not judge him by rumors and instead focus on fact.
You know, I don't know anything about claims if **** and sexual abuse... By here's what I do know...

David Bowie was more than a singer or occasional actor. He was an artist and someone who honestly, should be everyone's hero in some way.

David Bowie didnt make it okay to be "weird"... He made it cool.

He challenged gender definitions and made the world a more welcoming and accepting place towards androgyny.

He fought media for the rights of minority musicians who didn't get as much attention as their white counterparts.

He beautifully illustrated just how fabulous it is to be different. He was a forward thinker and someone who helped pave the way for others to lead successful and happy lives.

I've lost family... Family who hurt me, who could be considered deplorable in some ways... Family I have every right to never forgive. But here's the thing. That person is dead. They can't apologize or speak for themselves. The dead can't change anything, hating them can't change anything. All you can do is move on. Besides, the possibility that he hurt people, doesn't erase the good he did for countless others. Since I haven't heard solid proof that he did anything horrible, I'd rather not judge him by rumors and instead focus on fact.
@Sassgardian Annoyed Jareth on the throne is favorite~ [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/3I9FeQvRBZt8k/giphy.gif[/img] I'm still really upset about the news... have been since 5am but i keep saying to myself that Jareth just went back to the Labyrinth or Ziggy's back amoung the stars. Makes me feel better about it.
@Sassgardian Annoyed Jareth on the throne is favorite~

giphy.gif

I'm still really upset about the news... have been since 5am but i keep saying to myself that Jareth just went back to the Labyrinth or Ziggy's back amoung the stars. Makes me feel better about it.
tumblr_static_hycsbanner.gif
I went back to rewatch Oancitizen's review of "The Man Who Fell to Earth".

Now by "review" I mean "summarizing the movie with occasional commentary", but he does the ENTIRE THING to the tune of various Bowie songs. It's actually kind of impressive.

After that I've left youtube on autoplay for a stream of Bowie.

I went back to rewatch Oancitizen's review of "The Man Who Fell to Earth".

Now by "review" I mean "summarizing the movie with occasional commentary", but he does the ENTIRE THING to the tune of various Bowie songs. It's actually kind of impressive.

After that I've left youtube on autoplay for a stream of Bowie.

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
Labyrinth used to scare me as a kid. I rewatched it a couple weeks ago, and I was blowing away that I was scared of it. Bowie was awesome. One can never have enough sparkles. I didn't even know he died till I saw this thread. RIP to an amazing singer and actor. He reminded me of the babe XD
Labyrinth used to scare me as a kid. I rewatched it a couple weeks ago, and I was blowing away that I was scared of it. Bowie was awesome. One can never have enough sparkles. I didn't even know he died till I saw this thread. RIP to an amazing singer and actor. He reminded me of the babe XD
Aaaaaaa
evQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gif
Ive been listening to his music all day in remberence of the great David Bowie.
Ive been listening to his music all day in remberence of the great David Bowie.
The Eyes Are Useless When The Mind Is Blindfor_neodogstar_by_hiyahyro42-d9n4o66.png
David Bowie was always an icon for me.

His performance in Labyrinth, his songs' presence in the Metal Gear series, I loved him.

RIP Goblin King, rock on with Freddy Mercury up there!
David Bowie was always an icon for me.

His performance in Labyrinth, his songs' presence in the Metal Gear series, I loved him.

RIP Goblin King, rock on with Freddy Mercury up there!
plagueshieldr.pngXxqDwGq.pngplagueshieldl.png
RIP Yoshikage Kira [img]http://i.imgur.com/NlTJqgc.jpg[/img] [size=1]I default to being glib when I can't handle real emotions, so you get some JoJo nonsense[/size]
RIP Yoshikage Kira

NlTJqgc.jpg

I default to being glib when I can't handle real emotions, so you get some JoJo nonsense
1 2 3