Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Apples: with or without the peel?
1 2 3
Apparently its common for people to cut all the peels off? Is that a thing?

When I was little my mom would always cut up an apple, she'd eat the inside and I would eat the peels. They're the part I like the best, actually! I find it hard to get through an apple once I eat the peel.

How about you? Skins, no skins?
Apparently its common for people to cut all the peels off? Is that a thing?

When I was little my mom would always cut up an apple, she'd eat the inside and I would eat the peels. They're the part I like the best, actually! I find it hard to get through an apple once I eat the peel.

How about you? Skins, no skins?
Untitled-1.png
I always eat them with the peel on! I like the extra crunch... and also the saved time. :P
I always eat them with the peel on! I like the extra crunch... and also the saved time. :P
DZdVxdH.gifjFIWnw0.gifNDWrSfS.gifV1KPc7X.gifDZdVxdH.gif
I think as a kid I might have eaten them without peels? But I'm not sure. I think the only place I've actually seen them sold that way is at places like Mcdonalds in kids meals. :s

Personally I think apples are a hundred times better with the peel on...
I think as a kid I might have eaten them without peels? But I'm not sure. I think the only place I've actually seen them sold that way is at places like Mcdonalds in kids meals. :s

Personally I think apples are a hundred times better with the peel on...
Looking to purchase a Bone fiend or Cog frog! - On hold
Cog Frog Bone Fiend
my dad cuts the peels off because he's a big baby

I like the peels the best. plus that's where most of the nutrients in the apple are
my dad cuts the peels off because he's a big baby

I like the peels the best. plus that's where most of the nutrients in the apple are
copy my UN when pinging me cuz it's hard to spell
@Liryuu tru, the crunchiness is nice. Biting into just the... idk... inside? fruit? part of an apple is like "oh this is.... kinda mushy?.... um... its great" rofl

@Lupen omg wait hold up. are they sold without peels in mcdonalds, for real?!

@Lamia yeah. its weird that all the nutrients of a fruit is always on the outside, isn't it? you'd think they would evolve to have the good stuff on the inside where the seeds are, so animals would be more inclined to. yknow. spread those seeds around.

now im reminded of someone i knew who used to eat the rind WITH the watermelon because it was the healthiest. good lord
@Liryuu tru, the crunchiness is nice. Biting into just the... idk... inside? fruit? part of an apple is like "oh this is.... kinda mushy?.... um... its great" rofl

@Lupen omg wait hold up. are they sold without peels in mcdonalds, for real?!

@Lamia yeah. its weird that all the nutrients of a fruit is always on the outside, isn't it? you'd think they would evolve to have the good stuff on the inside where the seeds are, so animals would be more inclined to. yknow. spread those seeds around.

now im reminded of someone i knew who used to eat the rind WITH the watermelon because it was the healthiest. good lord
Untitled-1.png
@Yonderthought I don't know if they still do... but I definitely remember these as a kid: [img]http://www.packworld.com/sites/default/files/styles/lightbox/public/images/issues/03.06/images/Features/McDonalds.jpg?itok=SY4Ng3il.png[/img]
@Yonderthought I don't know if they still do... but I definitely remember these as a kid:

McDonalds.jpg?itok=SY4Ng3il.png
Looking to purchase a Bone fiend or Cog frog! - On hold
Cog Frog Bone Fiend
@Lupen oh my gosh, that's wild. I wonder if they were even real apples! XvX;;;
@Lupen oh my gosh, that's wild. I wonder if they were even real apples! XvX;;;
Untitled-1.png
I usually eat apples whole/with the peel on but… I don't really like it. I mean, I'm eh on the taste of apples in general, but the peel makes it kinda gross. but I eat it anyway cause it's healthy, dammit
I usually eat apples whole/with the peel on but… I don't really like it. I mean, I'm eh on the taste of apples in general, but the peel makes it kinda gross. but I eat it anyway cause it's healthy, dammit
13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
I cut the peels off because Im a big baby and hate the texture ¯\_(?)_/¯

but then again I also like slicing apples really thin and then crushing them with my tongue so maybe Im not the ideal representative for apple eating
I cut the peels off because Im a big baby and hate the texture ¯\_(?)_/¯

but then again I also like slicing apples really thin and then crushing them with my tongue so maybe Im not the ideal representative for apple eating
image.png
Depends on the apple. If the peel is 'normal' like it is in old varieties then I love it! Also highest concentration of Vitamins is found right under the peel, right? So cutting the peel of removes quite a bit of the good stuff.

Then there are the new varieties of Apples. They are cultured to have a thicker peel (to keep fresh longer) which causes the peel to often cut my gums when biting into an apple. Plus there is the thing with all the insecticides and stuff farmers use on their crops. Its in the peel and on the peel and washing a product throughouly only removes a small part of the stuff since most of it isn't exactly watersoluable and most soaps are perfumed so not exactly well for food either.

So Grandmas apples or from our own garden? With peel!

I only peel apples in spring and in early summer when our stock is gone and I HAVE to buy them from a store.
Depends on the apple. If the peel is 'normal' like it is in old varieties then I love it! Also highest concentration of Vitamins is found right under the peel, right? So cutting the peel of removes quite a bit of the good stuff.

Then there are the new varieties of Apples. They are cultured to have a thicker peel (to keep fresh longer) which causes the peel to often cut my gums when biting into an apple. Plus there is the thing with all the insecticides and stuff farmers use on their crops. Its in the peel and on the peel and washing a product throughouly only removes a small part of the stuff since most of it isn't exactly watersoluable and most soaps are perfumed so not exactly well for food either.

So Grandmas apples or from our own garden? With peel!

I only peel apples in spring and in early summer when our stock is gone and I HAVE to buy them from a store.
1 2 3