Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Clip studio paint noooo!!
Please help I have CLIP STUDIO PAINT and I’ve had it for ages, I can literally find files from over a year ago. But tonight when I try to open it, it does this every time. [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/3b2e28e7336713590345a613b5e391c4/tumblr_o0iuq1xto01tvc6hgo1_1280.png[/img] I have an Internet connection so I don't know why it won't work. I’ve restarted my computer and it still won’t work. Please help! ;-;
Please help I have CLIP STUDIO PAINT and I’ve had it for ages, I can literally find files from over a year ago. But tonight when I try to open it, it does this every time. tumblr_o0iuq1xto01tvc6hgo1_1280.png
I have an Internet connection so I don't know why it won't work.
I’ve restarted my computer and it still won’t work. Please help! ;-;
Crow TseXxba.png
Fr Tumblr | Art Blog | Redbubble
Can be found at @ qur0w on most platforms
"Effective term for License is expired"

It doesn't sound like internet is an issue, but rather a subscription or something expired... When you "brought" it did you make sure you actually brought it permanently or rather you only brought a year's worth of use from it? (Assuming it has something like that like Microsoft Word, I'm not familiar with this software.)

cause that wording sounds like as if your subscription for an mmo or something has expired rather than having anything to do with internet. Did you also try googling or looking up the error message on the internet? @CptnCatastrophic
"Effective term for License is expired"

It doesn't sound like internet is an issue, but rather a subscription or something expired... When you "brought" it did you make sure you actually brought it permanently or rather you only brought a year's worth of use from it? (Assuming it has something like that like Microsoft Word, I'm not familiar with this software.)

cause that wording sounds like as if your subscription for an mmo or something has expired rather than having anything to do with internet. Did you also try googling or looking up the error message on the internet? @CptnCatastrophic
@shoey I don't really because it was a present. From what the site says it's unlimited I think. But I don't know.
@shoey I don't really because it was a present. From what the site says it's unlimited I think. But I don't know.
Crow TseXxba.png
@CptnCatastrophic Did you have the trial for a while and it expired? As far as I know Clip studio doesn't have a subscription but they do let you test it out in a trial version.
@CptnCatastrophic Did you have the trial for a while and it expired? As far as I know Clip studio doesn't have a subscription but they do let you test it out in a trial version.
uaC9wre.png
From their install guide:
Quote:
When "License registration error" or "Expiration of license effective term" messages appear
If the license was not determined to be registered for the product that has an effective term, or if the effective
term elapsed, "License registration error" or "Expiration of license effective term" messages are displayed. Click
[OK] on the message screen to see the information from the displayed message

It seems the license you were using has expired. D:

I use Clip Studio Paint for most of my digital work, so this is fairly alarming. I was under the impression the license/software I bought was unlimited as well. Maybe the people that gifted it to you bought a trial version? That's the only reason I can think of that it would do this.

Perhaps try entering the license number again, it could be giving this error in error. If that doesn't work I'd shoot them an email asking for clarification of what's up here.
From their install guide:
Quote:
When "License registration error" or "Expiration of license effective term" messages appear
If the license was not determined to be registered for the product that has an effective term, or if the effective
term elapsed, "License registration error" or "Expiration of license effective term" messages are displayed. Click
[OK] on the message screen to see the information from the displayed message

It seems the license you were using has expired. D:

I use Clip Studio Paint for most of my digital work, so this is fairly alarming. I was under the impression the license/software I bought was unlimited as well. Maybe the people that gifted it to you bought a trial version? That's the only reason I can think of that it would do this.

Perhaps try entering the license number again, it could be giving this error in error. If that doesn't work I'd shoot them an email asking for clarification of what's up here.
cuVmqKR.png
art by sleepychow@DA
| neonglowify | he/they
| +2 FR Time
|
|
|
(@neon @roboticharmonics)
I had read a thread somewhere that something on the box had said that their was a 24 month licence but that it was just a miscommunication (I think)
I'm pretty sure we payed for it because we got it with the drawing tablet as well. I'll send them an email, but I can't find anywhere to put the serial number... it says to put it in the register licence part in the help menu, but there is no register licence part.
It'll really suck if it's a limited time thing :(

(@neon @roboticharmonics)
I had read a thread somewhere that something on the box had said that their was a 24 month licence but that it was just a miscommunication (I think)
I'm pretty sure we payed for it because we got it with the drawing tablet as well. I'll send them an email, but I can't find anywhere to put the serial number... it says to put it in the register licence part in the help menu, but there is no register licence part.
It'll really suck if it's a limited time thing :(

Crow TseXxba.png
@CptnCatastrophic

Oohhhh that's probably why then. It may have been a trial version since it was part of a tablet software bundle.

Hope you can get it sorted out! If it turns out to have been a trial version, they often have heavily discounted sales on their website, you just have to keep an eye on it. Just don't do what I did and pay the full retail price... I was kicking myself pretty hard for forking over $99 after seeing their sale prices. Yikes.
@CptnCatastrophic

Oohhhh that's probably why then. It may have been a trial version since it was part of a tablet software bundle.

Hope you can get it sorted out! If it turns out to have been a trial version, they often have heavily discounted sales on their website, you just have to keep an eye on it. Just don't do what I did and pay the full retail price... I was kicking myself pretty hard for forking over $99 after seeing their sale prices. Yikes.
cuVmqKR.png
art by sleepychow@DA
| neonglowify | he/they
| +2 FR Time
|
|
|