Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star Wars 7 Discussion? **SPOILERS**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
I ended up seeing the movie twice...and I'm going again after Christmas so, yep, the downward spiral has begun.

I had gone opening night and that morning someone spoiled the whole ending of the movie on me. Excuse you, sir. I did not ask for that.

I really enjoyed the movie, though a few people a spoke to (mainly those who had seen Star Wars when it first came out) hated it. I don't know. I feel like those who saw the original movie premiere are never going to like the newer movies. It's just my thoughts, because when I talk with them, they can only complain about all the new movies. Maybe it's because when I was growing up, the prequels came out that I'm more open to the newer movies. *shrugs*

I know some people I was talking to were complaining that there was no backstory for any of the characters and that the movie didn't have a satisfying conclusion. Last I checked, A New Hope doesn't really give a lot of background info on characters. Oh, yeah, Luke Skywalker? Grew up on Tatooine as a moisture farmer. That's it. Nothing else. And as for the cliff-hanger, it's going to be a trilogy of its own.

Though seeing the movie twice, I tried to be more critical instead of "everything is awesome!" still, I couldn't see any major glaring flaws.

I had seen the movie the second time with a pack of boys (and am a female and was the only girl who went with them). We were all big Star Wars nerds and were discussing the movie on the way home. And, at some point, Kylo Ren's appearance was brought up and he was deemed by every male in the car to be ugly. Which is kinda sad to me that even all these guys had such high, unattainable standards of what makes someone attractive, but off topic.

As for characters, I'm in love with these new rag-tag ragamuffins. Finn is great. Rey is great. BB-8 is great. I'm over the moon in love with Kylo (I really have a type when it comes to favorite characters and I'm not sorry for it).

And Kylo's new scar. ;_;
I ended up seeing the movie twice...and I'm going again after Christmas so, yep, the downward spiral has begun.

I had gone opening night and that morning someone spoiled the whole ending of the movie on me. Excuse you, sir. I did not ask for that.

I really enjoyed the movie, though a few people a spoke to (mainly those who had seen Star Wars when it first came out) hated it. I don't know. I feel like those who saw the original movie premiere are never going to like the newer movies. It's just my thoughts, because when I talk with them, they can only complain about all the new movies. Maybe it's because when I was growing up, the prequels came out that I'm more open to the newer movies. *shrugs*

I know some people I was talking to were complaining that there was no backstory for any of the characters and that the movie didn't have a satisfying conclusion. Last I checked, A New Hope doesn't really give a lot of background info on characters. Oh, yeah, Luke Skywalker? Grew up on Tatooine as a moisture farmer. That's it. Nothing else. And as for the cliff-hanger, it's going to be a trilogy of its own.

Though seeing the movie twice, I tried to be more critical instead of "everything is awesome!" still, I couldn't see any major glaring flaws.

I had seen the movie the second time with a pack of boys (and am a female and was the only girl who went with them). We were all big Star Wars nerds and were discussing the movie on the way home. And, at some point, Kylo Ren's appearance was brought up and he was deemed by every male in the car to be ugly. Which is kinda sad to me that even all these guys had such high, unattainable standards of what makes someone attractive, but off topic.

As for characters, I'm in love with these new rag-tag ragamuffins. Finn is great. Rey is great. BB-8 is great. I'm over the moon in love with Kylo (I really have a type when it comes to favorite characters and I'm not sorry for it).

And Kylo's new scar. ;_;
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
@LittleDoctor

Join us. Join us on this horrible downward spiral of obsession.
I'm so sorry about spoilers, some people apparently just want to see the world burn :/

Whaaaa... I'm going to remember and tell others that anecdote about guys deciding Kylo is ugly, if you don't mind. I don't even quite know what to say about it. Just... wow. Guess guys really do think that "the ultimate male beauty standard" is square jaw, big muscles and all that.

Anyway, I think that some people really are blind to the original trilogy's faults, and criticize new movies for the same things they enjoyed in the old movies? Complain if the new movie is too similar to the old ones, complain if it's not.

(tho to be fair Phantom Menace was really really bad)

(I feel like I'm commenting way too much on this thread, I'm so sorry)
@LittleDoctor

Join us. Join us on this horrible downward spiral of obsession.
I'm so sorry about spoilers, some people apparently just want to see the world burn :/

Whaaaa... I'm going to remember and tell others that anecdote about guys deciding Kylo is ugly, if you don't mind. I don't even quite know what to say about it. Just... wow. Guess guys really do think that "the ultimate male beauty standard" is square jaw, big muscles and all that.

Anyway, I think that some people really are blind to the original trilogy's faults, and criticize new movies for the same things they enjoyed in the old movies? Complain if the new movie is too similar to the old ones, complain if it's not.

(tho to be fair Phantom Menace was really really bad)

(I feel like I'm commenting way too much on this thread, I'm so sorry)
eZ8WjnI.pngk6ftfga.png
KyLO <3
Yessss love him :> He's really great as a a character and was probably my favorite :D
BUT NOW KIDS CAN WE TALK ABOUT REYxPOE SHIPPING PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
KyLO <3
Yessss love him :> He's really great as a a character and was probably my favorite :D
BUT NOW KIDS CAN WE TALK ABOUT REYxPOE SHIPPING PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
@eaterofpie I don't know enough about either character to decide whether or not they would be good together. But I will admit, they would look cute together. But I really like Finn and Rey as a pairing...And I loved how the movie didn't have them kiss, but hug instead. I don't know why, it just made me happy ^_^
@eaterofpie I don't know enough about either character to decide whether or not they would be good together. But I will admit, they would look cute together. But I really like Finn and Rey as a pairing...And I loved how the movie didn't have them kiss, but hug instead. I don't know why, it just made me happy ^_^
tumblr_ngcp5g6gr01u402sco1_500.gif
@Karaeir,

I've spiraled so deep I can't even see the sun anymore. And the spoiler was partially my fault, too. I was on Youtube watching videos and I should have guess that someone who had seen the movie would find it funny to post spoilers. Ah well, what are you gonna do about it?

And sure, go ahead. I was kinda surprised by it. More often than not, people focus on the "perfect female body type" and forget that the guys have the same problem, too.

And I agree with you on being blind to the original trilogy. And it just seems to me that it's a game to try and criticize the new movies as much as possible. Sometimes people just want to complain just for the sake of complaining. And I can see your point about Phantom Menace. Personally, I figure that maybe since Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars movie in years, and since it wasn't all that good, it just made everybody else dislike the prequels from the get-go. Getting off on the wrong foot.

But some people were complaining that George Lucas didn't direct this new film and that it didn't feel like Star Wars because of it. However, people complained about the prequels and George Lucas directed those, too.

But I had been talking to a friend of mine and he brought up Star Wars. We were talking about favorite characters and movies. He asked me what my favorite was and I told him "Return of the Jedi." He then basically told me, "Good, because if you like any of the prequels you can't be a real Star Wars fan." It's a personal pet peeve of mine that people discourage others from liking the prequels and that people are shamed for liking anything but the original trilogy.

((And it's all good for commenting. We're all going down together, right?))

@WiseGirl,

I agree with you on Finn and Rey (I think they'd be super cute together, the way Finn gets flustered when he talks with her!) But I love how they didn't force the romance in the first movie. This was one of the few movies where they didn't. Personally, it'd feel rushed to me if, at the end of the first movie, they were already kissing and declaring their love for each other.
@Karaeir,

I've spiraled so deep I can't even see the sun anymore. And the spoiler was partially my fault, too. I was on Youtube watching videos and I should have guess that someone who had seen the movie would find it funny to post spoilers. Ah well, what are you gonna do about it?

And sure, go ahead. I was kinda surprised by it. More often than not, people focus on the "perfect female body type" and forget that the guys have the same problem, too.

And I agree with you on being blind to the original trilogy. And it just seems to me that it's a game to try and criticize the new movies as much as possible. Sometimes people just want to complain just for the sake of complaining. And I can see your point about Phantom Menace. Personally, I figure that maybe since Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars movie in years, and since it wasn't all that good, it just made everybody else dislike the prequels from the get-go. Getting off on the wrong foot.

But some people were complaining that George Lucas didn't direct this new film and that it didn't feel like Star Wars because of it. However, people complained about the prequels and George Lucas directed those, too.

But I had been talking to a friend of mine and he brought up Star Wars. We were talking about favorite characters and movies. He asked me what my favorite was and I told him "Return of the Jedi." He then basically told me, "Good, because if you like any of the prequels you can't be a real Star Wars fan." It's a personal pet peeve of mine that people discourage others from liking the prequels and that people are shamed for liking anything but the original trilogy.

((And it's all good for commenting. We're all going down together, right?))

@WiseGirl,

I agree with you on Finn and Rey (I think they'd be super cute together, the way Finn gets flustered when he talks with her!) But I love how they didn't force the romance in the first movie. This was one of the few movies where they didn't. Personally, it'd feel rushed to me if, at the end of the first movie, they were already kissing and declaring their love for each other.
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
I enjoyed it. Sure it was like A New Hope remade, but it felt a lot more like the original trilogy with the chase scenes and the Millennium Falcon fleeing the bad guys. Old style rollicking fun. I liked it a lot more than I, II and III.

I could see Han dying a mile off, and now the rumours are thick and fast since the producer came out and said "everyone" would be in the next movie (realllllyyyy?) who knows if he'll be in the next one (flashbacks maybe?) or if it was a 'let's not do spoilers' lie?

My husband is totally in love with BB-8..lol

Yeah Kylo Rens hair is FABULOUS
I enjoyed it. Sure it was like A New Hope remade, but it felt a lot more like the original trilogy with the chase scenes and the Millennium Falcon fleeing the bad guys. Old style rollicking fun. I liked it a lot more than I, II and III.

I could see Han dying a mile off, and now the rumours are thick and fast since the producer came out and said "everyone" would be in the next movie (realllllyyyy?) who knows if he'll be in the next one (flashbacks maybe?) or if it was a 'let's not do spoilers' lie?

My husband is totally in love with BB-8..lol

Yeah Kylo Rens hair is FABULOUS
GJolIT8.png
Somebody said it was like, the protagonists act as if they're so excited because they're in a Star Wars movie.

I liked the movie a lot.

The set design, the acting, BB-8's antics.

I hope Maz Kanata comes back for the next movie.
Somebody said it was like, the protagonists act as if they're so excited because they're in a Star Wars movie.

I liked the movie a lot.

The set design, the acting, BB-8's antics.

I hope Maz Kanata comes back for the next movie.
DQLlbOg.png
Wait, wait, HOLD ON FOR A SECOND! No Finn/Poe shippers here?? C'mon people, stormpilot for life! (and hey, there's the littlest chance that these two will turn out to be siblings so like 99% no-incest chance, safe for shipping, get on board, yay ^^)
Wait, wait, HOLD ON FOR A SECOND! No Finn/Poe shippers here?? C'mon people, stormpilot for life! (and hey, there's the littlest chance that these two will turn out to be siblings so like 99% no-incest chance, safe for shipping, get on board, yay ^^)
o12wJ4Y.pngKampK%20N.pngeLAndXa.png
One of my friends mentioned that Kylo Ren's face reminds her of a borzei and now I can't unsee it D":

I am so into Kylo tho, his dynamic is so interesting, I've already started and published chapter 1 of a redemption fic, no regrets
One of my friends mentioned that Kylo Ren's face reminds her of a borzei and now I can't unsee it D":

I am so into Kylo tho, his dynamic is so interesting, I've already started and published chapter 1 of a redemption fic, no regrets
[quote name="mrattus" date=2015-12-22 17:01:35] One of my friends mentioned that Kylo Ren's face reminds her of a borzei and now I can't unsee it D":[/quote] ...this made me snort so loud omg Thanks, now I can't unsee it either >:( I was actually kinda thinking about how long Kylo Ren's face was. He doesn't look like he could be Han and Leia's son. I mean whatever, it's just a movie, but the side of me that wants everything realistic makes that part really distracting. @mrattus
mrattus wrote on 2015-12-22:

...this made me snort so loud omg
Thanks, now I can't unsee it either >:(

I was actually kinda thinking about how long Kylo Ren's face was. He doesn't look like he could be Han and Leia's son. I mean whatever, it's just a movie, but the side of me that wants everything realistic makes that part really distracting.

@mrattus
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22