Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pine Ridge herding- Closed?
1 2
Yes, I understand this happened off around October.. It really truly sucks that this site was closed down. I used to play as *wait cant remember the user* I believe. I didn't play that much, but today for some reason i wanted to see how the game was going. It seemed eevrytime I went on there something changed. The last time I went on sometime in September there was new art, and updates and I could tell this game had a lot of potential and may become a big sim. Today I wanted to see how it was going, and when I typed in pine ridge herding I found it odd that the site was not pulled up. I scanned around and found the link, when I came to the page it simply said Due to unforeseen circumstances, Pine Ridge Herding will be down indefinitely. We are very sorry to all of the loyal players and regret it deeply.. I found it odd, and sometimes site's may do this due to heavy updates or just some issues. I didn't really think much about it, but I wanted to find out more because sometimes lioden closes for a bit and you can go on their facebook to get updates.

The facebook page was gone. This shocked me a little and I knew something was clearly up, so I began digging around and searching around. I am sure most of you are through with your grief over the game, it has been two months but this truly shocked me. This game had beautiful art, quiet kind moderators *well some at least, I didn't really talk to them that much.* and it just showed a lot of potential. I had never seen a game like this and I pretty much play every sim you could think of.. but this broke my heart to see.. So after going around and finding some reasons it truly hurt me. I feel that the owner closing down the site was both reasonable, but also completely over dramatic and stupid in general. There are multiple stories/sides and I am yet to find one that is completely accurate. Here are some of the sides I have found.

Side 1~ The first side is that the moderators were total jerks to the players. By that i mean some moderators tended to pick favorites, harass other players, give them unneeded warnings for strange reasons such as simply asking a question. Some of the mods were sensitive towards topics and locked them, or simply told them that they aren't allowed to talk about that and may give warnings. Now this side I believe may be part of the reason, there are many complaining that it was the moderators *some of the staff in general* that was the downfall of this fantastic site.

Side 2~ This is one side I am a bit iffy on but could be true. Some say that someone had hacked the game and was taking screenshots of the moderators who were harassing players and posting them around other sites. Within 48 hours of this PRH was closed. Now this still needs a bit info on it, but this was all I could find.

Side 3~ Side 3 was that people were threatening the owner and the staff. Now this could be very well true, but I felt the staff acted in a cowardly way towards this. There are ways to prevent these things, but instead they closed the site down knowing that would completely stop it all.

Those are the sides I have found. Now did the staff and the owner act in a cowardice way? Yes. Though who would blame them? Humans have the natural instinct of fight or flight. Sometimes pressure does things to people, and when your life is getting threatened, or you are embarrassed and feel like a fool it does hurt and it does humiliate you, and it DOES make people's perspective on you change. So in a way there reaction was necessary. Most likely the pressure and the insults finally caved in on them, and they were done arguing and they knew that it was easier just to close it down. They found that it wasn't worth being harassed, or personal info being sent out to angry people.. and you know what I agree. You may find their act selfish, but in reality you had no idea what was really going on.. and neither do I really. We do know though that even if you were in that situation you may have just wanted to end it all. Maybe they were done receiving hurtful messages, emails, because you know what WORDS do hurt.

I know they do because sometimes I am threatened or given hurtful words at school. Personally I think that this isn't the end of PRH. I think maybe PRH is closing down for a few good months in hopes to pick up all the broken pieces, let everything cool down, and let things settle. That is the wise decision. I believe they might be letting go of some people, and getting new people. They could also just be giving it up entirely but I have this hunch that they are not.

Anyways I hope you guys have a fantastic day, and I understand this happened two months ago.. but I bet there are still some in shock or still checking back in hopes that they will see the log in screen, and everything will be back to normal, but sometimes it takes time.

Here is a quote;; The longer you wait for something the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Cause anything worth having, is definitely worth.. worth waiting..

(Can't believe I actually had to do this :T)

~Rules~

~No rude comments, they are not welcomed here whatsoever.

~ Do not attack other members.

~ Please read the WHOLE post before you actually post below.

~ Please be kind and respectful to everyone.

~ Try to at least write one paragraph *5 sentences*.

Yes, I understand this happened off around October.. It really truly sucks that this site was closed down. I used to play as *wait cant remember the user* I believe. I didn't play that much, but today for some reason i wanted to see how the game was going. It seemed eevrytime I went on there something changed. The last time I went on sometime in September there was new art, and updates and I could tell this game had a lot of potential and may become a big sim. Today I wanted to see how it was going, and when I typed in pine ridge herding I found it odd that the site was not pulled up. I scanned around and found the link, when I came to the page it simply said Due to unforeseen circumstances, Pine Ridge Herding will be down indefinitely. We are very sorry to all of the loyal players and regret it deeply.. I found it odd, and sometimes site's may do this due to heavy updates or just some issues. I didn't really think much about it, but I wanted to find out more because sometimes lioden closes for a bit and you can go on their facebook to get updates.

The facebook page was gone. This shocked me a little and I knew something was clearly up, so I began digging around and searching around. I am sure most of you are through with your grief over the game, it has been two months but this truly shocked me. This game had beautiful art, quiet kind moderators *well some at least, I didn't really talk to them that much.* and it just showed a lot of potential. I had never seen a game like this and I pretty much play every sim you could think of.. but this broke my heart to see.. So after going around and finding some reasons it truly hurt me. I feel that the owner closing down the site was both reasonable, but also completely over dramatic and stupid in general. There are multiple stories/sides and I am yet to find one that is completely accurate. Here are some of the sides I have found.

Side 1~ The first side is that the moderators were total jerks to the players. By that i mean some moderators tended to pick favorites, harass other players, give them unneeded warnings for strange reasons such as simply asking a question. Some of the mods were sensitive towards topics and locked them, or simply told them that they aren't allowed to talk about that and may give warnings. Now this side I believe may be part of the reason, there are many complaining that it was the moderators *some of the staff in general* that was the downfall of this fantastic site.

Side 2~ This is one side I am a bit iffy on but could be true. Some say that someone had hacked the game and was taking screenshots of the moderators who were harassing players and posting them around other sites. Within 48 hours of this PRH was closed. Now this still needs a bit info on it, but this was all I could find.

Side 3~ Side 3 was that people were threatening the owner and the staff. Now this could be very well true, but I felt the staff acted in a cowardly way towards this. There are ways to prevent these things, but instead they closed the site down knowing that would completely stop it all.

Those are the sides I have found. Now did the staff and the owner act in a cowardice way? Yes. Though who would blame them? Humans have the natural instinct of fight or flight. Sometimes pressure does things to people, and when your life is getting threatened, or you are embarrassed and feel like a fool it does hurt and it does humiliate you, and it DOES make people's perspective on you change. So in a way there reaction was necessary. Most likely the pressure and the insults finally caved in on them, and they were done arguing and they knew that it was easier just to close it down. They found that it wasn't worth being harassed, or personal info being sent out to angry people.. and you know what I agree. You may find their act selfish, but in reality you had no idea what was really going on.. and neither do I really. We do know though that even if you were in that situation you may have just wanted to end it all. Maybe they were done receiving hurtful messages, emails, because you know what WORDS do hurt.

I know they do because sometimes I am threatened or given hurtful words at school. Personally I think that this isn't the end of PRH. I think maybe PRH is closing down for a few good months in hopes to pick up all the broken pieces, let everything cool down, and let things settle. That is the wise decision. I believe they might be letting go of some people, and getting new people. They could also just be giving it up entirely but I have this hunch that they are not.

Anyways I hope you guys have a fantastic day, and I understand this happened two months ago.. but I bet there are still some in shock or still checking back in hopes that they will see the log in screen, and everything will be back to normal, but sometimes it takes time.

Here is a quote;; The longer you wait for something the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Cause anything worth having, is definitely worth.. worth waiting..

(Can't believe I actually had to do this :T)

~Rules~

~No rude comments, they are not welcomed here whatsoever.

~ Do not attack other members.

~ Please read the WHOLE post before you actually post below.

~ Please be kind and respectful to everyone.

~ Try to at least write one paragraph *5 sentences*.

[quote name="KiloPuff" date=2015-12-16 10:30:26] Side 3~ Side 3 was that people were threatening the owner and the staff. Now this could be very well true, but I felt the staff acted in a cowardly way towards this. There are ways to prevent these things, but instead they closed the site down knowing that would completely stop it all. [/quote] Cowardly? Friend, being stalked by anonymous people over the internet can be a lot worse than being harassed and verbally abused in school (not saying that being bullied is a minor thing). There are a lot of cases where people have gotten physical mail sent to their home address by someone who figured out their identity, getting death threats towards themselves or their family from some anonymous mad man they don't even know anything about. Would a game be worth that to you? Yes, it's preventable, but no game creator expects to get hate for trying to run a stupid little game on the Internet, and once your information is out there there is very little you can do. Since neither of us knows the details, please, let us spare the insults. Shutting the game down might very well have been the right thing to do. IF you're interested in the daily lives of many virtual pet site owners, you needn't look any further than this thread: http://www.virtualpetlist.com/threads/anonymity-as-a-pet-site-owner.41520/#post-274047
KiloPuff wrote on 2015-12-16:

Cowardly? Friend, being stalked by anonymous people over the internet can be a lot worse than being harassed and verbally abused in school (not saying that being bullied is a minor thing). There are a lot of cases where people have gotten physical mail sent to their home address by someone who figured out their identity, getting death threats towards themselves or their family from some anonymous mad man they don't even know anything about.

Would a game be worth that to you? Yes, it's preventable, but no game creator expects to get hate for trying to run a stupid little game on the Internet, and once your information is out there there is very little you can do. Since neither of us knows the details, please, let us spare the insults. Shutting the game down might very well have been the right thing to do. IF you're interested in the daily lives of many virtual pet site owners, you needn't look any further than this thread: http://www.virtualpetlist.com/threads/anonymity-as-a-pet-site-owner.41520/#post-274047
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
@MetalHead

Sorry if I offended you in any way, but please read the rest of the post before posting next time. I know how it is, I used to be a mod at one point of a game which I left awhile ago due to school. I can not give out the name A) because I can't remember it XD 2) It's for 18+. Anyways I know how it feels, and it is VERY scary and I wasn't trying to be rude or mean. I was simply saying there ARE ways to fix it and you can go view other people's posts and see that even some of them say how they reacted was a little dramatic.

Now before I cause any hot argument, I am just going to ignore the fact you did cause me to get offensive. I did not want rude comments.
@MetalHead

Sorry if I offended you in any way, but please read the rest of the post before posting next time. I know how it is, I used to be a mod at one point of a game which I left awhile ago due to school. I can not give out the name A) because I can't remember it XD 2) It's for 18+. Anyways I know how it feels, and it is VERY scary and I wasn't trying to be rude or mean. I was simply saying there ARE ways to fix it and you can go view other people's posts and see that even some of them say how they reacted was a little dramatic.

Now before I cause any hot argument, I am just going to ignore the fact you did cause me to get offensive. I did not want rude comments.
@KiloPuff Rude? I've explained a truth. I did not mean to be rude and I honestly don't see why you would interpret my comment that way.

We don't know what happened behind PRH. But being stalked by some internet weirdo who have your home address, your name and your personal information is not reversible, and I don't see what could be done about that. Please do not call them cowards when you neither of us have a clue of the full story.
@KiloPuff Rude? I've explained a truth. I did not mean to be rude and I honestly don't see why you would interpret my comment that way.

We don't know what happened behind PRH. But being stalked by some internet weirdo who have your home address, your name and your personal information is not reversible, and I don't see what could be done about that. Please do not call them cowards when you neither of us have a clue of the full story.
@MetalHead Metal, I am sorry but the way you delivered your comment was offensive towards me. I cannot hear your voice or know your true intentions. There are a few ideas behind it, but in my post I even talked about that words do hurt and that I see why they did it, and it was reasonable. I wasn't calling them cowards, I was just saying how they reacted was a bit.. well unnecessary. Sorry on my poor choice of words, but even than i still said I don't know the story and neither do you. [quote]Those are the sides I have found. Now did the staff and the owner act in a cowardice way? Yes. Though who would blame them? Humans have the natural instinct of fight or flight. Sometimes pressure does things to people, and when your life is getting threatened, or you are embarrassed and feel like a fool it does hurt and it does humiliate you, and it DOES make people's perspective on you change. So in a way there reaction was necessary. Most likely the pressure and the insults finally caved in on them, and they were done arguing and they knew that it was easier just to close it down. They found that it wasn't worth being harassed, or personal info being sent out to angry people.. and you know what I agree. You may find their act selfish, but in reality you had no idea what was really going on.. and neither do I really. We do know though that even if you were in that situation you may have just wanted to end it all. Maybe they were done receiving hurtful messages, emails, because you know what WORDS do hurt.[/quote]
@MetalHead

Metal, I am sorry but the way you delivered your comment was offensive towards me. I cannot hear your voice or know your true intentions.

There are a few ideas behind it, but in my post I even talked about that words do hurt and that I see why they did it, and it was reasonable. I wasn't calling them cowards, I was just saying how they reacted was a bit.. well unnecessary. Sorry on my poor choice of words, but even than i still said I don't know the story and neither do you.
Quote:
@KiloPuff "Did the staff behave in a cowardly way? Yes." <- You called them cowards. That is quite rude as well, you know?

I don't mind you having an opinion, and I don't see how anything I've written is offensive. If so, that's unfortunate.. but strangers on the Internet are capable of much, much worse things than merely 'hurtful words', which I hope you realize. Calling it 'cowardly' to shut off the site when neither you or I knows what happened, is not right.
@KiloPuff "Did the staff behave in a cowardly way? Yes." <- You called them cowards. That is quite rude as well, you know?

I don't mind you having an opinion, and I don't see how anything I've written is offensive. If so, that's unfortunate.. but strangers on the Internet are capable of much, much worse things than merely 'hurtful words', which I hope you realize. Calling it 'cowardly' to shut off the site when neither you or I knows what happened, is not right.
There always seems to be a lot of behind the scenes drama when a site gets closed. It's really common with sites like this, in my experience. Considering that it was closed without warning, I have a feeling it's because of drama. An overwhelming amount, possibly with a lot of pressure on the owner.

I don't know anything about the site or the users/mods at all so I can't comment on the rest and the theories. But if you play a lot of sim games, I'm surprised this type of thing has never happened to you before.
There always seems to be a lot of behind the scenes drama when a site gets closed. It's really common with sites like this, in my experience. Considering that it was closed without warning, I have a feeling it's because of drama. An overwhelming amount, possibly with a lot of pressure on the owner.

I don't know anything about the site or the users/mods at all so I can't comment on the rest and the theories. But if you play a lot of sim games, I'm surprised this type of thing has never happened to you before.
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
@Metalheads

Okay, I am done arguing with you. I did not call them cowards, I said they acted in a cowardly way. I also think you should work with your delivery with things. Now I would deeply appreciate it if you didn't post on my thread.

@Breathe
Ya, I also heard that it was just a ton of drama and that perhaps the administrator couldn't handle it. I can see though why the admin couldn't handle it, because you know what it is a lot of pressure to be a admin in the first place. Thousands of people *maybe less than thousands idk XD* that play that game are relying on you and there are also people who are constantly lashing out and well being offensive and sending hatemail to you. I have played a few sim games that have gotten shut down, but usually it was reasons such as lack of players, inactivity, or just some other reason but it wasn't usually anything to with drama. Usually drama on the sims I play is usually put out quiet quickly and isn't very tolerated.
@Metalheads

Okay, I am done arguing with you. I did not call them cowards, I said they acted in a cowardly way. I also think you should work with your delivery with things. Now I would deeply appreciate it if you didn't post on my thread.

@Breathe
Ya, I also heard that it was just a ton of drama and that perhaps the administrator couldn't handle it. I can see though why the admin couldn't handle it, because you know what it is a lot of pressure to be a admin in the first place. Thousands of people *maybe less than thousands idk XD* that play that game are relying on you and there are also people who are constantly lashing out and well being offensive and sending hatemail to you. I have played a few sim games that have gotten shut down, but usually it was reasons such as lack of players, inactivity, or just some other reason but it wasn't usually anything to with drama. Usually drama on the sims I play is usually put out quiet quickly and isn't very tolerated.
I think the issue here is the word coward and how it's typically viewed. Mind you, I'm including the words cowardly and cowardice in this. The word coward has a highly negative connotation-it means that you'll give up anything to save your own skin, particularly if it means sacrificing someone else to save yourself because you're scared and/or care way more about yourself than others. Or otherwise do what you can to remove any risks to yourself while using those risks against others particularly to harm.

So that's why I think there's that issue-throwing around the word coward, particularly in a potential situation where people are stalking, harassing and other illegal things isn't a good way to describe the situation. It's not cowardly to try to save yourself; it only becomes so like in the way I mentioned. The online harassment I'd argue is what's cowardly, not people trying to protect themselves from harm.

To say someone acted cowardly, you're saying that you viewed their actions in a negative way, again due to the connotations with that word (s).

I've never heard of this site before today, so I don't know what happened.
I think the issue here is the word coward and how it's typically viewed. Mind you, I'm including the words cowardly and cowardice in this. The word coward has a highly negative connotation-it means that you'll give up anything to save your own skin, particularly if it means sacrificing someone else to save yourself because you're scared and/or care way more about yourself than others. Or otherwise do what you can to remove any risks to yourself while using those risks against others particularly to harm.

So that's why I think there's that issue-throwing around the word coward, particularly in a potential situation where people are stalking, harassing and other illegal things isn't a good way to describe the situation. It's not cowardly to try to save yourself; it only becomes so like in the way I mentioned. The online harassment I'd argue is what's cowardly, not people trying to protect themselves from harm.

To say someone acted cowardly, you're saying that you viewed their actions in a negative way, again due to the connotations with that word (s).

I've never heard of this site before today, so I don't know what happened.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Ash, I wanted to end the argument not have you budge in and go over all.. well that. Most of the posts I read on other sites said words such as cowardice and cowardly. NO ONE COMPLAINED. I don't know why suddenly everyone on here is complaining, I posted this to talk about it and maybe find some more reasons as to why it closed not to start a freaking argument over my word selection. Please I am tired of doing this, it's stupid I DID NOT ASK FOR IT. I am just tired and done with people like this. :T I deal with them everyday and I don't want to have to deal with them here.
Ash, I wanted to end the argument not have you budge in and go over all.. well that. Most of the posts I read on other sites said words such as cowardice and cowardly. NO ONE COMPLAINED. I don't know why suddenly everyone on here is complaining, I posted this to talk about it and maybe find some more reasons as to why it closed not to start a freaking argument over my word selection. Please I am tired of doing this, it's stupid I DID NOT ASK FOR IT. I am just tired and done with people like this. :T I deal with them everyday and I don't want to have to deal with them here.
1 2