Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66 67
if anyone could provide feedback to mine, that would be lovely! [img]http://pre14.deviantart.net/b920/th/pre/i/2015/341/2/6/peryton_contest_by_cicirose97-d9jeb8e.png[/img]
if anyone could provide feedback to mine, that would be lovely! peryton_contest_by_cicirose97-d9jeb8e.png
@Flintlocke

KESTREL. IT'S A KESTREL. I LOVE KESTRELS. OH MY GOD. That one is by far my favourite so far.
@Flintlocke

KESTREL. IT'S A KESTREL. I LOVE KESTRELS. OH MY GOD. That one is by far my favourite so far.
signature1_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqrg.png
signature2_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlwd2.png
signature_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqgj.jpg
@arctictis
I LOVE your questing beast entry, but I feel like it might not get picked because of the gold tail rings you tried to add onto it. D:

The patterns and colors are very strong, so I really think you should try and replace those gold rings with something more natural like the rest of your design. Maybe you could reuse the square/swirl redline pattern by the neck and face, down on the tail? c:

Keeping in mind that this image will be downsized to familiar resolution (200x200?), you probably don't need to make the tail super detailed towards the end. We're not sure how the artists will shade it, either. Maybe you could fade it to a slightly darker green before the yellow?

I'm sorry, I just really like your entry and don't want that one little detail to lower your chances, you know?

PS- Your entry is on page 22, for future ref. c:

@denim

I'm loving your entry, however, I think you should double-check some of your detail work- the brindle pattern on the tail, and the neck feathers- to make sure it looks okay in the familiar-sized format (200x200, I think). It's easy for those details to get lost in the resizing process. :/

Just thought I'd let you know! It's a really lovely entry though! Good luck! c:
@arctictis
I LOVE your questing beast entry, but I feel like it might not get picked because of the gold tail rings you tried to add onto it. D:

The patterns and colors are very strong, so I really think you should try and replace those gold rings with something more natural like the rest of your design. Maybe you could reuse the square/swirl redline pattern by the neck and face, down on the tail? c:

Keeping in mind that this image will be downsized to familiar resolution (200x200?), you probably don't need to make the tail super detailed towards the end. We're not sure how the artists will shade it, either. Maybe you could fade it to a slightly darker green before the yellow?

I'm sorry, I just really like your entry and don't want that one little detail to lower your chances, you know?

PS- Your entry is on page 22, for future ref. c:

@denim

I'm loving your entry, however, I think you should double-check some of your detail work- the brindle pattern on the tail, and the neck feathers- to make sure it looks okay in the familiar-sized format (200x200, I think). It's easy for those details to get lost in the resizing process. :/

Just thought I'd let you know! It's a really lovely entry though! Good luck! c:
1aEvf03.png
@MadCoffee Just a heads up, the hooves on your questing beast probably count as shading. I would choose the middle color on your hooves and cover up the lighter stripes and the darker part between the toes. Your submission is on pg 75 if you need help finding it.
@MadCoffee Just a heads up, the hooves on your questing beast probably count as shading. I would choose the middle color on your hooves and cover up the lighter stripes and the darker part between the toes. Your submission is on pg 75 if you need help finding it.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1PivJOO.png[/img] I know I've posted him before, but I keep editing and editing him. How's it looking?
1PivJOO.png
I know I've posted him before, but I keep editing and editing him. How's it looking?
| Valen | '99 | He/it |
[url=http://i.imgur.com/mFLCmUi.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/PoGJLH4.png[/img][/url] If I could have some feedback on my Shard Bear entry, that would be amazing! He's on page 79 of the submission thread as well. Also - I realize it looks like there's some out-of-place pixels here; that's because I didn't merge my layers before scaling down. There are no out-of-place pixels in the full-sized image that the above links to.
PoGJLH4.png

If I could have some feedback on my Shard Bear entry, that would be amazing! He's on page 79 of the submission thread as well.

Also - I realize it looks like there's some out-of-place pixels here; that's because I didn't merge my layers before scaling down. There are no out-of-place pixels in the full-sized image that the above links to.
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
@razrroth thanks for the feedback and letting me know about the tail rings, i've had a similar feeling about them :/

i was considering putting gold markings there instead but you might be right about the resolution
ruining any details? i've been wanting to tweak my entry anyway so i'll try both and see how it turns out.

so sorry for the late reply!!
@razrroth thanks for the feedback and letting me know about the tail rings, i've had a similar feeling about them :/

i was considering putting gold markings there instead but you might be right about the resolution
ruining any details? i've been wanting to tweak my entry anyway so i'll try both and see how it turns out.

so sorry for the late reply!!
tumblr_inline_njw5itnLdZ1qg2i5p.gif
Still deciding which familiar to choose XD Then I got to decide on how to colour it, I wish I could colour and enter them all hehe
Still deciding which familiar to choose XD Then I got to decide on how to colour it, I wish I could colour and enter them all hehe
Loves all things feline
Could I have opinions / feedback on my entry please? [img]http://i63.tinypic.com/35lhszl.png[/img]
Could I have opinions / feedback on my entry please?
35lhszl.png
Wow, 80 pages and we still have until the end December before they're all in!

Last familiar coloring contest we had two bases to choose from. We increased this for this round so that we could have more winners. In this contest we have 8 bases, but even with limiting everyone to one entry per person, this is going to be a very tough decision.

The next time we do this, it may be wise to have an equal or greater number of bases available so we can have more winners. We can't have 20 dwarf hainu variants on-site, even if there are 20 very good entries!
Wow, 80 pages and we still have until the end December before they're all in!

Last familiar coloring contest we had two bases to choose from. We increased this for this round so that we could have more winners. In this contest we have 8 bases, but even with limiting everyone to one entry per person, this is going to be a very tough decision.

The next time we do this, it may be wise to have an equal or greater number of bases available so we can have more winners. We can't have 20 dwarf hainu variants on-site, even if there are 20 very good entries!
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66 67