Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 66 67
@mitunapasta

Thank you! I have a strong desire for more pastel/brightly colored familiars on the site, and the questing beast is also my favorite... so there we go.

I really like yours too! I love the bright colors you used for its mouth, in contrast to the black teeth. It reminds me of uh... these.
@mitunapasta

Thank you! I have a strong desire for more pastel/brightly colored familiars on the site, and the questing beast is also my favorite... so there we go.

I really like yours too! I love the bright colors you used for its mouth, in contrast to the black teeth. It reminds me of uh... these.
@Riyoko

You asked for suggestions on your design in the main thread. I think you did a helluva great job, but if you wanna modify it, it could probably use some colored accents around its neck fuzz. You've got so much pop around the edges but nothing in the middle, y'know?
@Riyoko

You asked for suggestions on your design in the main thread. I think you did a helluva great job, but if you wanna modify it, it could probably use some colored accents around its neck fuzz. You've got so much pop around the edges but nothing in the middle, y'know?
@Riyoko

Addendum: or maybe some stripes along the ribs.
@Riyoko

Addendum: or maybe some stripes along the ribs.
@mitunapasta aww thank you!
@mitunapasta aww thank you!
VTV6La7.png Rxt3Le0.png
@Quinnception Hmmm interesting food for thought, thank you! I'll have to look it over again. I think it's the antennae being comparitavely bland that's bugging me.
@Quinnception Hmmm interesting food for thought, thank you! I'll have to look it over again. I think it's the antennae being comparitavely bland that's bugging me.
@heraezra
Sure thing, but make sure you post it in the Submission thread, too, I don't see it there? This is the Discussion thread.
I'd also be cautious about the eyes, the pupils and shine could count against you.

@mitunapasta
Thanks! I hear it's actually really bland, but hey, it looks cool.
I adore your color scheme, copper and verdigris are some of my favorite colors! Very pretty. c:

@MagicHats
Honestly, the scruffy effect when sized down is so negligible, I feel like you could afford to make the color bands on the limbs crisp and straight with maybe only one or two exaggerated tufts to indicate fuzz.
It would look cleaner when sized down and also reduce risk of overdoing brushwork. I don't think you should have much to worry about, though.
@heraezra
Sure thing, but make sure you post it in the Submission thread, too, I don't see it there? This is the Discussion thread.
I'd also be cautious about the eyes, the pupils and shine could count against you.

@mitunapasta
Thanks! I hear it's actually really bland, but hey, it looks cool.
I adore your color scheme, copper and verdigris are some of my favorite colors! Very pretty. c:

@MagicHats
Honestly, the scruffy effect when sized down is so negligible, I feel like you could afford to make the color bands on the limbs crisp and straight with maybe only one or two exaggerated tufts to indicate fuzz.
It would look cleaner when sized down and also reduce risk of overdoing brushwork. I don't think you should have much to worry about, though.
ezgDKeD.png
Selling Leap Day Gen 1, up to haggle.
[stone|white|teal ; female nocturne ; Earth flight (matching eyes)]
@Baelfin I can still see the lineart underneath... but I'll still experiment with a lighter shade for the stripes Is this better? I preferred the black stripes myself, as it looked more true to real quaggas, but if this looks better then I'll stick with it. Brown Stripes [img]http://pre01.deviantart.net/a543/th/pre/i/2015/341/3/9/quagga_beast_by_universedragon-d9jc3jd.png[/img] Black Stripes [img]http://pre12.deviantart.net/4060/th/pre/i/2015/338/9/e/quagga_beast_2_by_universedragon-d9j0pxc.png[/img] Feedback from anyone would be nice :3
@Baelfin I can still see the lineart underneath... but I'll still experiment with a lighter shade for the stripes

Is this better? I preferred the black stripes myself, as it looked more true to real quaggas, but if this looks better then I'll stick with it.

Brown Stripes
quagga_beast_by_universedragon-d9jc3jd.png

Black Stripes
quagga_beast_2_by_universedragon-d9j0pxc.png

Feedback from anyone would be nice :3
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Hello! I would really like some criticism on my coloring! [img]http://pre05.deviantart.net/49d2/th/pre/i/2015/334/5/0/dwarf_hainu_contest_entry_3_by_metalcoffecup-d9ilwqg.png[/img] Thanks in advance to those who respond! <3
Hello! I would really like some criticism on my coloring!

dwarf_hainu_contest_entry_3_by_metalcoffecup-d9ilwqg.png

Thanks in advance to those who respond! <3
@mitunapasta thank you! Yours has great colours; the aqua really sets off the warm tones in the rest of the body and I can see the bluetongue influence in it.

@Camspar thank you! The contrast in your Camien makes it quite eye-catching and I love that the colour of the eyes and mouth are reflected in the scutes. The sharp bands of colour bring it all together. c:
@mitunapasta thank you! Yours has great colours; the aqua really sets off the warm tones in the rest of the body and I can see the bluetongue influence in it.

@Camspar thank you! The contrast in your Camien makes it quite eye-catching and I love that the colour of the eyes and mouth are reflected in the scutes. The sharp bands of colour bring it all together. c:
Dsf90Ws.gif
hello
When pinging,
One O, two S's -
Lock-eh-NOSS-ay

77EXE7O.jpg
Buns for Tuns!
hi there
ZV3u2zJ.gif

@Lokenosse You are very welcome! C: And thank you for your comments on my entry, it is much appreciated. :3

@Lokenosse You are very welcome! C: And thank you for your comments on my entry, it is much appreciated. :3
NrI0fa5.png
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 66 67