Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Zach's Lair Reviews (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Sozz Okie dokie!
@Sozz Okie dokie!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngmFjnag2.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
[center]for @stygianzin [quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6303387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63034/6303387_350.png[/img] [/url] "The undisputed queen of the lair is Sigdis! With her eye-catching tertiary, it's impossible to pass her by! The good thing about seafoam is its versatility! On many dragons, it can be used as the main attraction, a bright splotch against a dark canvas, but on some, like Sigdis, it's used not to dominate, but to enhance! The first thing you see is her tertiary leaping off the screen, but once you've had some time to look her over, it begins to blend into the brown primary and the yellow secondary rather than distract from them! It's a fantastic effect! Though I can't speak to the significance behind the name, 'Sigdis' is a powerful title for any dragon! It owes her an aura of dignity and nobility! The apparel ties into this well! Those solar blades give her the look of a pious priestess, while the flowerfall makes one think of a royal fanfare! Color-wise, the gold pieces bring out the subtle nuances of her wings, while the celadon silks complement her glimmering tertiary! Don't change a thing!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8528393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/85284/8528393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Aaah! Now here's an interesting one! His colors aren't what I'm most impressed by, but they're still [i]very[/i] attractive! The soft yellow paired with the bolder pink and lavender are pleasing to the eye, and the genes are simple, with just the right amount of unique flare on the wings! His Iridescent has slight hints of orange hues in it, as well, tying into his citrine apparel! But what I'm [i]most[/i] impressed by is how you made his Plague eyes--which would be considered unfortunate by many--work so well! You paired them with red rose apparel that not only matches his eyes, but goes surprisingly well with his coloration! I'm [i]extremely[/i] impressed--inspired, even!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3054837] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30549/3054837_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, darling, your lair keeps getting more and more interesting! Miss Ishtal is a unique dragon, to be sure, and you've worked with her colors in an astonishing way! We'll get to that in a moment, though! To start off, her colors are lovely even on their own! The genes you've given her are perfect, with the rose Crackle adding a slightly lighter tone to her darker pinks! Here's the interesting part: the rose feathered wings! You used them to cover up large parts of the darker, more vibrant magenta to give her a much softer feel, closer to that of an entirely pastel palette! It's [i]excellent[/i] use of color coverage, my dear! It leaves just enough magenta for a splash of excitement, and covers just enough to keep it from being too loud! I love the daisy apparel, too! They match her eyes swimmingly!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9503584] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/95036/9503584_350.png[/img] [/url] "I've fallen in love one too many times since I started reviewing these lairs. *sigh* A man's heart is such a fragile thing. These colors are [i]stupendous[/i], darling! I'm surprised they aren't more popular! The dark tones of his primary and tertiary contrast magnificently with his pure secondary, and, oh, all of those lovely hues in the crimson Iridescent take my breath away! He's like a fallen angel descending to the planet's surface, burning through the atmosphere! Be still, my heart! And the [i]accent[/i]--oh, don't get me [i]started[/i] on the [i]accent[/i]! I thought it suited Aura well, but Mister Kolbjorn wears it as if it were [i]made[/i] for him! Ah, his name is like honey on my tongue! So rich, so powerful! Perfectly suited to both his color scheme and his dangerous apparel! The wolf's pelt makes me love and fear him in equal amount!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15614172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/156142/15614172_350.png[/img] [/url] "Now, you wouldn't expect soil/soil/beige to be anything spectacular, and, yet, here we are with Salea, a positively [i]smoking[/i] hot--I mean, very stylish Pearlcatcher! It's all to do with the genes, if you ask me! You selected the absolute [i]best[/i] genes for him! The Piebald adds a brighter color--white--into an otherwise dusty palette, while the Shimmer throws in shades of orange and gold to match the Glimmer! You were quite clever when geneing him, and obviously thought things through! The rogue apparel looks [i]phenomenal[/i] on him! Of course, the brown set matches his coloration, but that little flash of flamboyance the ruby ring adds is impeccable! Is that a [i]real[/i] ruby, darling? I wouldn't mind having one of those, but I wouldn't [i]dare[/i] alter Salea's perfect ensemble!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6795384] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/67954/6795384_350.png[/img] [/url] "This is precisely the sort of thing I love to see: working with what you've got, and working [i]well[/i]! I'll say what we're all thinking. Chocolate is an [i]unfortunate[/i] tertiary for a dragon with such lovely colors to possess. Tertiaries get the better of many of us. Why, poor Whitman's tertiary is an absolute nightmare." "Did you say--?" "No, you get out of here! Where was I? Oh, yes! But what many people underestimate is the power of Spines! With Spines, even a less-than-ideal tertiary can be polished to perfection! In this case, Davlannan's Spines add just enough of a pinch of brown to make the rest of him fall together just so! By which I mean, you made an excellent geneing choice, and then you followed it up with apparel that would tie into it! The darker pieces, of course, match the blood and mulberry, but the lighter pieces, the [i]browner[/i] pieces, such as the autumn breeze, go incredibly well with his Spines! He wouldn't be interested in modeling for me sometime, would he?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9312925] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/93130/9312925_350.png[/img] [/url] "You have so many [i]lovely[/i] autumny dragons in your lair! It really puts me in the mood for some pumpkin spice coffee! Yum! Konahrik is an interesting fellow! Tangerine can be difficult to work with, but tangerine Iridescent and Shimmer always look [i]fab[/i]! Here, the redder tones in his wings match his Plague eyes, but still manage to blend very naturally into the brown primary! Maize Spines are a nice touch, too, rather than the more common underbelly, which may add a bit too much [i]light[/i] to his darker, earthier palette! The Fire emblem and the orange fur are obvious choices to match his tangerine wings, but the magmatic pauldrons were a surprise to me! At first, I wasn't sure I liked them! But after eyeing them for a bit, I came to the conclusion that they add so much more to his look! While the greyer tones of the rocks don't necessarily blend well with him, the streak of orange pulls the piece into place, making it match [i]very[/i] well with the rest of his ensemble! A good call!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17261376] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172614/17261376_350.png[/img] [/url] "I know he doesn't have any apparel just yet, but I found I couldn't ignore him! The black Cherub, the leaf Facet, and the crimson Spines all lend to a strange, yet somehow mesmerizing look! I'm not quite sure [i]how[/i] they all work together, but they [i]do[/i]! According to my research, he is the [i]only[/i] dragon in Sornieth with this particular color and gene combo, and, I must say, the uniqueness of it is baffling! Please, model for me! He looks fantastic without apparel, but if I were to suggest something, I might suggest darker garments. His wings are already bright enough. Too many vibrant pieces, and you may overstimulate passersby." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2007874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/20079/2007874_350.png[/img] [/url] "Let's break away from the warm, vibrant colors for a bit, shall we? Miss Wynn is a classic blue range dragon: dark primary, light secondary, dark or mid-range tertiary! But she makes this classic look all her own with her pure blue Gembond! It blends into the navy just enough without disappearing entirely, and pops brightly against the sky in a dazzling way! An excellent choice in tertiary, my dear! Stunning! Her apparel is even more so! The icy theme coupled with the deep blue of the feathered wings is marvelous! You've captured the very concept of winter in Miss Wynn! The old festival apparel matches her pale wings, and the feathers bring out the blue of her Gembond spectacularly! And her name! Oh, so simple, but so lovely! A perfect name, to be sure!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1452470] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/14525/1452470_350.png[/img] [/url] "I've saved my--*ahem*--[i]personal favorite[/i] for last! My own primary being obsidian, I just can't help but feel some sort of kinship with a fellow obsidian Skydancer! Normally, obsidian Iridescent and Shimmer are nightmares to work with, but the Crackle helps mask some of their imperfections while adding a darker, more sinister tone to the palette! His name is very fitting! If anyone is going to strike in the dead of night, it's assuredly an obsidian Skydancer! The pale jewelry might give away his position a bit, though! Even so, it's lovely, and matches well with the violet flowerfall! Purple and black are a sleek, stylish combination on any dragon!" [/quote][/center]
for @stygianzin
Quote:

6303387_350.png

"The undisputed queen of the lair is Sigdis! With her eye-catching tertiary, it's impossible to pass her by! The good thing about seafoam is its versatility! On many dragons, it can be used as the main attraction, a bright splotch against a dark canvas, but on some, like Sigdis, it's used not to dominate, but to enhance! The first thing you see is her tertiary leaping off the screen, but once you've had some time to look her over, it begins to blend into the brown primary and the yellow secondary rather than distract from them! It's a fantastic effect!

Though I can't speak to the significance behind the name, 'Sigdis' is a powerful title for any dragon! It owes her an aura of dignity and nobility! The apparel ties into this well! Those solar blades give her the look of a pious priestess, while the flowerfall makes one think of a royal fanfare! Color-wise, the gold pieces bring out the subtle nuances of her wings, while the celadon silks complement her glimmering tertiary! Don't change a thing!"

8528393_350.png

"Aaah! Now here's an interesting one!

His colors aren't what I'm most impressed by, but they're still very attractive! The soft yellow paired with the bolder pink and lavender are pleasing to the eye, and the genes are simple, with just the right amount of unique flare on the wings! His Iridescent has slight hints of orange hues in it, as well, tying into his citrine apparel!

But what I'm most impressed by is how you made his Plague eyes--which would be considered unfortunate by many--work so well! You paired them with red rose apparel that not only matches his eyes, but goes surprisingly well with his coloration! I'm extremely impressed--inspired, even!"

3054837_350.png

"Oh, darling, your lair keeps getting more and more interesting!

Miss Ishtal is a unique dragon, to be sure, and you've worked with her colors in an astonishing way! We'll get to that in a moment, though! To start off, her colors are lovely even on their own! The genes you've given her are perfect, with the rose Crackle adding a slightly lighter tone to her darker pinks!

Here's the interesting part: the rose feathered wings! You used them to cover up large parts of the darker, more vibrant magenta to give her a much softer feel, closer to that of an entirely pastel palette! It's excellent use of color coverage, my dear! It leaves just enough magenta for a splash of excitement, and covers just enough to keep it from being too loud!

I love the daisy apparel, too! They match her eyes swimmingly!"

9503584_350.png

"I've fallen in love one too many times since I started reviewing these lairs. *sigh* A man's heart is such a fragile thing.

These colors are stupendous, darling! I'm surprised they aren't more popular! The dark tones of his primary and tertiary contrast magnificently with his pure secondary, and, oh, all of those lovely hues in the crimson Iridescent take my breath away! He's like a fallen angel descending to the planet's surface, burning through the atmosphere! Be still, my heart!

And the accent--oh, don't get me started on the accent! I thought it suited Aura well, but Mister Kolbjorn wears it as if it were made for him! Ah, his name is like honey on my tongue! So rich, so powerful! Perfectly suited to both his color scheme and his dangerous apparel! The wolf's pelt makes me love and fear him in equal amount!"

15614172_350.png

"Now, you wouldn't expect soil/soil/beige to be anything spectacular, and, yet, here we are with Salea, a positively smoking hot--I mean, very stylish Pearlcatcher! It's all to do with the genes, if you ask me! You selected the absolute best genes for him! The Piebald adds a brighter color--white--into an otherwise dusty palette, while the Shimmer throws in shades of orange and gold to match the Glimmer! You were quite clever when geneing him, and obviously thought things through!

The rogue apparel looks phenomenal on him! Of course, the brown set matches his coloration, but that little flash of flamboyance the ruby ring adds is impeccable! Is that a real ruby, darling? I wouldn't mind having one of those, but I wouldn't dare alter Salea's perfect ensemble!"

6795384_350.png

"This is precisely the sort of thing I love to see: working with what you've got, and working well!

I'll say what we're all thinking. Chocolate is an unfortunate tertiary for a dragon with such lovely colors to possess. Tertiaries get the better of many of us. Why, poor Whitman's tertiary is an absolute nightmare."

"Did you say--?"

"No, you get out of here! Where was I? Oh, yes! But what many people underestimate is the power of Spines! With Spines, even a less-than-ideal tertiary can be polished to perfection! In this case, Davlannan's Spines add just enough of a pinch of brown to make the rest of him fall together just so!

By which I mean, you made an excellent geneing choice, and then you followed it up with apparel that would tie into it! The darker pieces, of course, match the blood and mulberry, but the lighter pieces, the browner pieces, such as the autumn breeze, go incredibly well with his Spines!

He wouldn't be interested in modeling for me sometime, would he?"

9312925_350.png

"You have so many lovely autumny dragons in your lair! It really puts me in the mood for some pumpkin spice coffee! Yum!

Konahrik is an interesting fellow! Tangerine can be difficult to work with, but tangerine Iridescent and Shimmer always look fab! Here, the redder tones in his wings match his Plague eyes, but still manage to blend very naturally into the brown primary! Maize Spines are a nice touch, too, rather than the more common underbelly, which may add a bit too much light to his darker, earthier palette!

The Fire emblem and the orange fur are obvious choices to match his tangerine wings, but the magmatic pauldrons were a surprise to me! At first, I wasn't sure I liked them! But after eyeing them for a bit, I came to the conclusion that they add so much more to his look! While the greyer tones of the rocks don't necessarily blend well with him, the streak of orange pulls the piece into place, making it match very well with the rest of his ensemble! A good call!"

17261376_350.png

"I know he doesn't have any apparel just yet, but I found I couldn't ignore him! The black Cherub, the leaf Facet, and the crimson Spines all lend to a strange, yet somehow mesmerizing look! I'm not quite sure how they all work together, but they do! According to my research, he is the only dragon in Sornieth with this particular color and gene combo, and, I must say, the uniqueness of it is baffling!

Please, model for me!

He looks fantastic without apparel, but if I were to suggest something, I might suggest darker garments. His wings are already bright enough. Too many vibrant pieces, and you may overstimulate passersby."

2007874_350.png

"Let's break away from the warm, vibrant colors for a bit, shall we?

Miss Wynn is a classic blue range dragon: dark primary, light secondary, dark or mid-range tertiary! But she makes this classic look all her own with her pure blue Gembond! It blends into the navy just enough without disappearing entirely, and pops brightly against the sky in a dazzling way! An excellent choice in tertiary, my dear! Stunning!

Her apparel is even more so! The icy theme coupled with the deep blue of the feathered wings is marvelous! You've captured the very concept of winter in Miss Wynn! The old festival apparel matches her pale wings, and the feathers bring out the blue of her Gembond spectacularly!

And her name! Oh, so simple, but so lovely! A perfect name, to be sure!"

1452470_350.png

"I've saved my--*ahem*--personal favorite for last!

My own primary being obsidian, I just can't help but feel some sort of kinship with a fellow obsidian Skydancer! Normally, obsidian Iridescent and Shimmer are nightmares to work with, but the Crackle helps mask some of their imperfections while adding a darker, more sinister tone to the palette!

His name is very fitting! If anyone is going to strike in the dead of night, it's assuredly an obsidian Skydancer! The pale jewelry might give away his position a bit, though! Even so, it's lovely, and matches well with the violet flowerfall! Purple and black are a sleek, stylish combination on any dragon!"
he smooch the dragon.
@Sozz

OMG! This review is possitively amazing! I'm slighty disapointed that you didn't include either Eldaora or Hecatel, and i know i could have said something, but i was hoping you could have included them on your own ;w;

But fear not! I loved this review *^* I just wanted to ask if i could include what you wrote into my dragon's profiles! *o*
@Sozz

OMG! This review is possitively amazing! I'm slighty disapointed that you didn't include either Eldaora or Hecatel, and i know i could have said something, but i was hoping you could have included them on your own ;w;

But fear not! I loved this review *^* I just wanted to ask if i could include what you wrote into my dragon's profiles! *o*
Do the forum post thing please!
Do the forum post thing please!
@Velsim @ProfessorGator @medicphisto @minementis @Mangoramune @Stormdragon

I'm still working on y'all's reviews! The last few days have just been super exhausting for me! There was Thanksgiving, then we spent Friday, Saturday, and part of today putting up Christmas decorations! The holiday season is a hectic time for my family, so I hope y'all don't mind the wait! ;v;
@Velsim @ProfessorGator @medicphisto @minementis @Mangoramune @Stormdragon

I'm still working on y'all's reviews! The last few days have just been super exhausting for me! There was Thanksgiving, then we spent Friday, Saturday, and part of today putting up Christmas decorations! The holiday season is a hectic time for my family, so I hope y'all don't mind the wait! ;v;
he smooch the dragon.
@Sozz
Don't overwork yourself, take your time! :)
However, I appreciate you updating us, thank you!
@Sozz
Don't overwork yourself, take your time! :)
However, I appreciate you updating us, thank you!
1lu6sg3.gif
the seas are lovely, dark and deep...
but we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep

velsim #52577, the not-quite-drowned. - wishlist | sales | accents
@Sozz

I forgot that it was american thanksgiving around this time! Yeah I'm fine with waiting don't worry, and thanks for letting us know.

like Velsim ^^ said, dont overwork yourself!!
@Sozz

I forgot that it was american thanksgiving around this time! Yeah I'm fine with waiting don't worry, and thanks for letting us know.

like Velsim ^^ said, dont overwork yourself!!
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
@Sozz Absolutely no problem. I mentioned to you myself that yesterday was my family's big Thanksgiving feastmas, and my grandpa wants to decorate the front of the house this week. Basically I'm in a similar boat :P

Make sure not to push yourself too hard, but thanks for the update.
@Sozz Absolutely no problem. I mentioned to you myself that yesterday was my family's big Thanksgiving feastmas, and my grandpa wants to decorate the front of the house this week. Basically I'm in a similar boat :P

Make sure not to push yourself too hard, but thanks for the update.
exchange_hub_button_AAA.png
@Sozz
Take your time, I've been adding spiffy bios anyway XD The longer you take, the neater everything will be.
@Sozz
Take your time, I've been adding spiffy bios anyway XD The longer you take, the neater everything will be.
Gen1 Quest:
Midnight/Midnight/Seafoam Male
Wine/Wine/light green range
@Sozz
Take your time dude.
@Sozz
Take your time dude.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8