Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, November 2015
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80 81
Everything about this makes me so happy oh my gosh. I cannot wait for those new genes!
Everything about this makes me so happy oh my gosh. I cannot wait for those new genes!
tumblr_inline_nh5ijiWceb1sp071d.png

Sounds like great fun!

Sounds like great fun!
Sounds great, but I will not coli grind exept in the first few regions. It's a long, boring process only for a small chance of reward.
Sounds great, but I will not coli grind exept in the first few regions. It's a long, boring process only for a small chance of reward.
no
[quote name="Lilian" date=2015-11-26 10:34:28] [quote name="cheyinka" date=2015-11-26 09:48:35] Why on earth are people complaining about Nocturne scrolls coming back? I mean, you can get a nicely gened Wildclaw whenever you want, and yet people are still happy when WC scrolls cycle back into the Marketplace, right? If we're opening fewer chests, the server doesn't have to generate chest contents as often, which is less server load. There's no reason we'd need to spend more time in the coli, either - if you have a 10% chance of a chest and the chest has a 0.3% chance of anything good, most people would actually use it more than if there's a 3% chance of a chest and a 1% chance of anything good, since it's human nature to think "but the next one might have something good!!!1". [/quote] Nobody is complaining about the nocturne scrolls, we are complaining about the event and the fact it will happen on december: [quote name="Elilara" date=2015-11-26 06:29:08] Why on earth are we doing Night of the Nocturne again? The whole point of not having an elemental event that month was so people could focus on the holidays(...) it feels icky and it goes against what FR had originally stated about the elemental holidays. [/quote] And as I pointed out before, I really don't see the point of the NotN being continued. I was hoping it was an one time thing to introduce a new breed, but apparently it's being brought up again... and the question is [i]why[/i]?? Nocturnes aren't a rare breed anymore, nowadays you can easilly buy a nice triple gened noc in the AH for around 10k, so why are we getting an event that puts so much focus on this single breed? I'm definitely not interested on getting nocturne eggs that will give me basic dragons, only to spend lots of treasure or even gems on scrolls to gene them up, when I can simply go to the AH and buy a completely gened baby for a tiny parcel of the price. And yeah I know the eggs are 1st gen, but I'm the kind of user that doesn't care about generation, only the combo. Plus it seems they are bringing the bear familiars back, AGAIN, which was actually one of the things that went completely wrong in the event in the first place. I'm not looking forward to getting yet another load of repeated familiars and having the AH price of those bears, which were supposed to be event exclusive familiars, break down even further. I'd rather see the scroll cycling into the market for only a small period of time in December than having a whole Nocturne centered event thrown for it. It's much better than going through all that trouble of coligrinding endlessly(which.is.TEDIOUS) only to get tons of repeated familiars, basic dragons and other stuff I'm not really interested at, and [i]maybe[/i] the slim chance of getting a scroll. And no I don't think making the "chest hunting more fun" solves it, because I will still be spending a lot of time on something as tiring and repetitive as coligrinding to get the single thing I'm interested on from the entire event. The NotN event is a ton more heavily coliseum based than all the other elemental holidays, just because we may get better loot from chests this time doesn't mean this isn't exhausting anymore. And it's happening on DECEMBER of all months. [/quote] Must agree on that. (that and the nocts aren't THAT pretty, to be honest in my opinion. Fat bats *Tickles fat belly*) I'd rather see a new dragon species. (Wasn't there a thing a while ago that at least 1/2 new breeds get released each year?)
Lilian wrote on 2015-11-26:
cheyinka wrote on 2015-11-26:
Why on earth are people complaining about Nocturne scrolls coming back? I mean, you can get a nicely gened Wildclaw whenever you want, and yet people are still happy when WC scrolls cycle back into the Marketplace, right?

If we're opening fewer chests, the server doesn't have to generate chest contents as often, which is less server load. There's no reason we'd need to spend more time in the coli, either - if you have a 10% chance of a chest and the chest has a 0.3% chance of anything good, most people would actually use it more than if there's a 3% chance of a chest and a 1% chance of anything good, since it's human nature to think "but the next one might have something good!!!1".

Nobody is complaining about the nocturne scrolls, we are complaining about the event and the fact it will happen on december:
Elilara wrote on 2015-11-26:
Why on earth are we doing Night of the Nocturne again? The whole point of not having an elemental event that month was so people could focus on the holidays(...) it feels icky and it goes against what FR had originally stated about the elemental holidays.

And as I pointed out before, I really don't see the point of the NotN being continued. I was hoping it was an one time thing to introduce a new breed, but apparently it's being brought up again... and the question is why??

Nocturnes aren't a rare breed anymore, nowadays you can easilly buy a nice triple gened noc in the AH for around 10k, so why are we getting an event that puts so much focus on this single breed? I'm definitely not interested on getting nocturne eggs that will give me basic dragons, only to spend lots of treasure or even gems on scrolls to gene them up, when I can simply go to the AH and buy a completely gened baby for a tiny parcel of the price. And yeah I know the eggs are 1st gen, but I'm the kind of user that doesn't care about generation, only the combo.

Plus it seems they are bringing the bear familiars back, AGAIN, which was actually one of the things that went completely wrong in the event in the first place. I'm not looking forward to getting yet another load of repeated familiars and having the AH price of those bears, which were supposed to be event exclusive familiars, break down even further.

I'd rather see the scroll cycling into the market for only a small period of time in December than having a whole Nocturne centered event thrown for it. It's much better than going through all that trouble of coligrinding endlessly(which.is.TEDIOUS) only to get tons of repeated familiars, basic dragons and other stuff I'm not really interested at, and maybe the slim chance of getting a scroll. And no I don't think making the "chest hunting more fun" solves it, because I will still be spending a lot of time on something as tiring and repetitive as coligrinding to get the single thing I'm interested on from the entire event.

The NotN event is a ton more heavily coliseum based than all the other elemental holidays, just because we may get better loot from chests this time doesn't mean this isn't exhausting anymore. And it's happening on DECEMBER of all months.

Must agree on that.
(that and the nocts aren't THAT pretty, to be honest in my opinion. Fat bats *Tickles fat belly*)
I'd rather see a new dragon species. (Wasn't there a thing a while ago that at least 1/2 new breeds get released each year?)
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
The new genes are lovely! I've been wanting new genes for one of my dragons for a while now, and these new ones might be perfect!
The new genes are lovely! I've been wanting new genes for one of my dragons for a while now, and these new ones might be perfect!
Those new genes be still my beating heart
Those new genes be still my beating heart
J0RHwF8.png
Nice!
Nice!
7973260p.png41fc039db15a525eb929f802356724a9ee110d56.gif68a771bc1576e7b33915c34f836e64179a681a03.gif6e6a4718ba53b746ad2e1d9238e40d349ea9486b.gif9828159p.png
I am in LOVE with those new genes and I am so looking forward to that familiar colouring contest! There are always such cool designs! :D
I like everything about this Words on the Wind post
I am in LOVE with those new genes and I am so looking forward to that familiar colouring contest! There are always such cool designs! :D
I like everything about this Words on the Wind post
How long till Crim starts asking for turkey dinners, I wonder ^ ^
How long till Crim starts asking for turkey dinners, I wonder ^ ^
April showers bring forth May flowers
The butterfly gene!!!! ;O; NEED!
The butterfly gene!!!! ;O; NEED!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80 81