Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a dragon's flight
1 2 3 4 5 6
as much as i would love to change my SD in my avi to blue/green eyes No support

eyes are fundamental in FR
as much as i would love to change my SD in my avi to blue/green eyes No support

eyes are fundamental in FR
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
Support. Honestly, a dragons flight doesn't really affect anything outside of controlling eye color and what moves could be used in the coliseum. The problem with the coliseum has been brought up, but as Guivre said, that's something that can easily be worked around by removing abilities when flight is changed.

All the other objections to flight changes are all about how it's tradition and part of the site's lore. But honestly, I care more about making my dragons look the way I want them to look and giving them eye colors that fit their characters more than I care about the site's lore. And I'm sure I'm not the only person like that. Changing flights does nothing to harm other players. If some players put more importance on the heritage of their dragons they don't have to ever change a dragons flight. And it would give more freedom to players like me who just want to change their dragon's eyes colors for aesthetic reasons. I don't see how it would hurt anyone.

Colored contacts would be a nice option too.
Support. Honestly, a dragons flight doesn't really affect anything outside of controlling eye color and what moves could be used in the coliseum. The problem with the coliseum has been brought up, but as Guivre said, that's something that can easily be worked around by removing abilities when flight is changed.

All the other objections to flight changes are all about how it's tradition and part of the site's lore. But honestly, I care more about making my dragons look the way I want them to look and giving them eye colors that fit their characters more than I care about the site's lore. And I'm sure I'm not the only person like that. Changing flights does nothing to harm other players. If some players put more importance on the heritage of their dragons they don't have to ever change a dragons flight. And it would give more freedom to players like me who just want to change their dragon's eyes colors for aesthetic reasons. I don't see how it would hurt anyone.

Colored contacts would be a nice option too.
[quote name="Drakel" date="2014-06-30 12:37:31"]No support- I think the reasons stated above have merit, and additionally, it could really screw up the coli. People could buy a Water dragon, give it Drown, and then change it into Nature dragon that has the Water-exclusive ability (covering its Fire weakness.) So it would de-balance the Coli quite a bit.[/quote]
Drakel wrote on 2014-06-30 12:37:31:
No support- I think the reasons stated above have merit, and additionally, it could really screw up the coli. People could buy a Water dragon, give it Drown, and then change it into Nature dragon that has the Water-exclusive ability (covering its Fire weakness.) So it would de-balance the Coli quite a bit.
1009gIL.png
Um, perhaps you've never had any experience in coding but I can tell you that setting up the code to remove a Coli ability automatically after a flight change is not a simple fix. At all. It's probably one of the harder things to change. In addition, changing a dragon's flight is a much bigger change than crinkling it into a different breed, as far as the game lore is concerned.

Also, boneyard taters doesn't change flight, just eye color. I can totally support contact-lens type items, but they must work like apparel items and cannot be permanent.
Um, perhaps you've never had any experience in coding but I can tell you that setting up the code to remove a Coli ability automatically after a flight change is not a simple fix. At all. It's probably one of the harder things to change. In addition, changing a dragon's flight is a much bigger change than crinkling it into a different breed, as far as the game lore is concerned.

Also, boneyard taters doesn't change flight, just eye color. I can totally support contact-lens type items, but they must work like apparel items and cannot be permanent.
sBdLZtA.png
Sort of support? I think it might be a better idea for the scroll item to attune the dragon to the element of the flight it is in at the time. The item should also be rare and expensive, because such a change is not to be taken lightly. That might pacify the lore buffs somewhat, and also make it possible for someone to send their dragon off to a friend's lair with a scroll if they wanted a different element that badly.

This is of course under the assumption that they could find a way to wipe the coliseum moves. If it were at all possible, I would immensely enjoy it.
Sort of support? I think it might be a better idea for the scroll item to attune the dragon to the element of the flight it is in at the time. The item should also be rare and expensive, because such a change is not to be taken lightly. That might pacify the lore buffs somewhat, and also make it possible for someone to send their dragon off to a friend's lair with a scroll if they wanted a different element that badly.

This is of course under the assumption that they could find a way to wipe the coliseum moves. If it were at all possible, I would immensely enjoy it.
nature_banner.png
I like the idea, but i agree that lore wise this would probably be difficult. dragons are imbued with the magic of their elemental region at birth. i imagine it would take more than a simple scroll to suck out all their current magic and replace it with a different elements magic without killing the dragon.

Im on the fence i guess XD
I like the idea, but i agree that lore wise this would probably be difficult. dragons are imbued with the magic of their elemental region at birth. i imagine it would take more than a simple scroll to suck out all their current magic and replace it with a different elements magic without killing the dragon.

Im on the fence i guess XD
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
Support. Personally I think lorewise, it be easy to explain.

But may I suggest a different method of acquiring it? Maybe add a new random drop item to exalting, called elemental essence or something. That plus a runestone to give the essence an element (eg. essence of the flame or nature). It'll give people more of a incentive to exalt dragons.

And it coding the removal is that hard just reset the dragon's level, stats and abilities, it can be seen as a dragon getting used to it's new element.
Support. Personally I think lorewise, it be easy to explain.

But may I suggest a different method of acquiring it? Maybe add a new random drop item to exalting, called elemental essence or something. That plus a runestone to give the essence an element (eg. essence of the flame or nature). It'll give people more of a incentive to exalt dragons.

And it coding the removal is that hard just reset the dragon's level, stats and abilities, it can be seen as a dragon getting used to it's new element.
Hmm snowballing off of @Telos's suggestion, I could back this suggestion [i]if[/i]: [list] [*]You obtained the item used to change the element only via exalting, and not some paltry amount, but say maybe every 100 dragons you exalt. [*]The item used to change the element would only change the dragon's element to the user's current Flight element. IE, I'm in Light, I could only change dragon's elements to Light. [*]It is a one-time-use item, and disappeared after it's use. [*]This item was account-bound, you cannot sell or trade it to other users whatsoever. [*]It reset the dragon's battle stones and stats to what they would be if they had just started in the Coliseum. I don't think it should reset the level, but if that's necessary during coding, by all means. Now before anyone comes at me with pitchforks or tears, crying, "But I don't want the dragon to have [i]my[/i] element!," this wouldn't stop you from changing it to another element. Just as there are nest rentals that are not supported by the site, I'm sure there would be Element Change rentals, where a user would use their item on your dragon for a fee. There would be a risk involved, and so I'm sure people would be doubly cautious and eye color changing would not run rampant.
Hmm snowballing off of @Telos's suggestion, I could back this suggestion if:
  • You obtained the item used to change the element only via exalting, and not some paltry amount, but say maybe every 100 dragons you exalt.
  • The item used to change the element would only change the dragon's element to the user's current Flight element. IE, I'm in Light, I could only change dragon's elements to Light.
  • It is a one-time-use item, and disappeared after it's use.
  • This item was account-bound, you cannot sell or trade it to other users whatsoever.
  • It reset the dragon's battle stones and stats to what they would be if they had just started in the Coliseum. I don't think it should reset the level, but if that's necessary during coding, by all means.

Now before anyone comes at me with pitchforks or tears, crying, "But I don't want the dragon to have my element!," this wouldn't stop you from changing it to another element. Just as there are nest rentals that are not supported by the site, I'm sure there would be Element Change rentals, where a user would use their item on your dragon for a fee. There would be a risk involved, and so I'm sure people would be doubly cautious and eye color changing would not run rampant.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Dang they aren't real dragons?? I don't know why some of these guys are acting like it's such an insult to the game??
I mean you should probably make it an expensive item, because it would be a big change to the dragon
But I mean if you can change your dragon's breed for less than 20k then a simple eye colour shouldn't be too difficult

Huge support!!
Dang they aren't real dragons?? I don't know why some of these guys are acting like it's such an insult to the game??
I mean you should probably make it an expensive item, because it would be a big change to the dragon
But I mean if you can change your dragon's breed for less than 20k then a simple eye colour shouldn't be too difficult

Huge support!!
And in terms of colluseum battle honestly
What if when you changed a dragon's flight it just reset the dragon's abilities? Return the dragon to beginner stats.
It would suck but you would know what you were getting into

Also, didn't mention this but what if you can only change a dragon's flight, if it's to your own? I'm in ligtning clan, so I would only be able to convert other dragons in my group to lightning flight. That way, if makes better sense lore-wise. An elemental deity could essentially conduct a baptism(for lack of better word), considering it would be the clan they now belong to.

I honestly would not mind waiting if it took a while to iron out the kinks, and I genuinely believe it deserves at least a test run. Just see if it wouldn't be too difficult a coding project.
@Founder
And in terms of colluseum battle honestly
What if when you changed a dragon's flight it just reset the dragon's abilities? Return the dragon to beginner stats.
It would suck but you would know what you were getting into

Also, didn't mention this but what if you can only change a dragon's flight, if it's to your own? I'm in ligtning clan, so I would only be able to convert other dragons in my group to lightning flight. That way, if makes better sense lore-wise. An elemental deity could essentially conduct a baptism(for lack of better word), considering it would be the clan they now belong to.

I honestly would not mind waiting if it took a while to iron out the kinks, and I genuinely believe it deserves at least a test run. Just see if it wouldn't be too difficult a coding project.
@Founder
1 2 3 4 5 6