Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Historical Mafia - Discussion [FINISHED]
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 155 156
[quote name="alicium" date=2015-11-22 21:00:07] my sister warned me about you guys just tearing apart posts and pushing a lot of lynches and that goes against every other game of maf ive ever played :p [/quote] ...Do lynches not happen every single day? I mean, I've played the really elementary style version back when I was in middle school, and even then we had a killing and a lynching every day. :o
alicium wrote on 2015-11-22:
my sister warned me about you guys just tearing apart posts and pushing a lot of lynches and that goes against every other game of maf ive ever played :p

...Do lynches not happen every single day? I mean, I've played the really elementary style version back when I was in middle school, and even then we had a killing and a lynching every day. :o
3PxlXSK.png
@RayAnneliese

I understand that, but just in general, that's my opinion on lynching

@RayAnneliese

I understand that, but just in general, that's my opinion on lynching

@RayAnneliese

no, in all other games ive ever played, lynching was used solely for getting rid of people who had concrete evidence against them
it was really scarce and very suspicious to push for them
@RayAnneliese

no, in all other games ive ever played, lynching was used solely for getting rid of people who had concrete evidence against them
[quote name="alicium" date=2015-11-22 21:00:07] my sister warned me about you guys just tearing apart posts and pushing a lot of lynches and that goes against every other game of maf ive ever played :p [/quote]Lynching is town's main defense against the mafia. Essentially if the town doesn't lynch, mafia get a free kill. So it's really important to lynch, and lynch correctly.
my sister warned me about you guys just tearing apart posts and pushing a lot of lynches and that goes against every other game of maf ive ever played :p
Lynching is town's main defense against the mafia. Essentially if the town doesn't lynch, mafia get a free kill. So it's really important to lynch, and lynch correctly.

Praise the sun! \o/
[quote name="alicium" date=2015-11-22 21:03:53] RayAnneliese no, in all other games ive ever played, lynching was used solely for getting rid of people who had concrete evidence against them it was really scarce and very suspicious to push for them [/quote]Not all games have investigators, or the mafia could kill said investigators. At that point the town would be left with no way to get 'concrete evidence' against anyone. The only way to do so would be to analyze posts and determine whether they seem to be town or null. If mafia, then lynch.
RayAnneliese

Not all games have investigators, or the mafia could kill said investigators. At that point the town would be left with no way to get 'concrete evidence' against anyone. The only way to do so would be to analyze posts and determine whether they seem to be town or null. If mafia, then lynch.

Praise the sun! \o/
@Polygone

I completely understand the importance of lynching, but lynching so early in the game is hard for me to understand, since lynching people based on so little leaves more room for lynching innocents, which makes it easier for the maf to win.

I'm not going to try and swim upstream too much, though, since im the one whos the newbie, I just realize that I didnt say much during the past day cycle and wanted to post my input
@Polygone

I completely understand the importance of lynching, but lynching so early in the game is hard for me to understand, since lynching people based on so little leaves more room for lynching innocents, which makes it easier for the maf to win.

I'm not going to try and swim upstream too much, though, since im the one whos the newbie, I just realize that I didnt say much during the past day cycle and wanted to post my input
So in the middle of making my name/Nick/avatars/etc sheet, my WiFi crapped put (yay hotel internet) which I took as a sign to go to bed. That'll be up sometime tomorrow afternoon EST once I've gotten home
So in the middle of making my name/Nick/avatars/etc sheet, my WiFi crapped put (yay hotel internet) which I took as a sign to go to bed. That'll be up sometime tomorrow afternoon EST once I've gotten home
FR+3, they/them. I love wildclaws and mulberry.
I have a crummy art shop.
TuEVAjZ.png Too0zRW.png Jel2e4k.png
@alicium

At the current point I believe we don't know what the mafia has to do in order to win, other than, I assume, eliminating all town members - although I have no clue if this is true. But when it comes right down to it, at the climax of the game, when there are very little people left, you won't want to have to lynch someone that is inactive, since it would be a waste.

It all depends on your playstyle, I guess. But yay, it's nice to see you post more! :D
@alicium

At the current point I believe we don't know what the mafia has to do in order to win, other than, I assume, eliminating all town members - although I have no clue if this is true. But when it comes right down to it, at the climax of the game, when there are very little people left, you won't want to have to lynch someone that is inactive, since it would be a waste.

It all depends on your playstyle, I guess. But yay, it's nice to see you post more! :D
3PxlXSK.png
@wannabequeen

Good night! :D Now I need to go calculate what time afternoon EST is for me. ;;
@wannabequeen

Good night! :D Now I need to go calculate what time afternoon EST is for me. ;;
3PxlXSK.png
[quote name="alicium" date=2015-11-22 21:09:53] Polygone I completely understand the importance of lynching, but lynching so early in the game is hard for me to understand, since lynching people based on so little leaves more room for lynching innocents, which makes it easier for the maf to win. I'm not going to try and swim upstream too much, though, since im the one whos the newbie, I just realize that I didnt say much during the past day cycle and wanted to post my input [/quote]True that lynching early leaves plenty of room for error, but not lynching could be even more problematic. We've had games with all sorts of vote manipulations against not lynching, on top of the already mentioned 'free kill' the mafia get when we don't lynch. One such would be a role who's vote counts for as many players who didn't vote. It'd give a second kill to whichever faction that is, which usually won't be town. At the least this way we control who dies, and aren't relying on some random person of mysterious faction or otherwise.
Polygone

True that lynching early leaves plenty of room for error, but not lynching could be even more problematic. We've had games with all sorts of vote manipulations against not lynching, on top of the already mentioned 'free kill' the mafia get when we don't lynch.

One such would be a role who's vote counts for as many players who didn't vote. It'd give a second kill to whichever faction that is, which usually won't be town. At the least this way we control who dies, and aren't relying on some random person of mysterious faction or otherwise.

Praise the sun! \o/
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 155 156