Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | N.A.S [Hiring!]
Bump
Bump
hi
@SplashFeather

Can you also put me into the pinglist if there is one. It seems like a great idea and I think I might want to be a student if I can make time for it. :3
@SplashFeather

Can you also put me into the pinglist if there is one. It seems like a great idea and I think I might want to be a student if I can make time for it. :3
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
@SplashFeather

Cool stuff! 15k-20k sounds reasonable. Just spend the week scavenging/digging and sell/auction. If anyone needs food, just message me and I'll give out them fuds. Other than that, I'm more than willing to pay for people who need it.

Or maybe you can set up a fundraiser/raffle to raise money for the teachers? Dunno. uwu

Please put me on the pinglist!
@SplashFeather

Cool stuff! 15k-20k sounds reasonable. Just spend the week scavenging/digging and sell/auction. If anyone needs food, just message me and I'll give out them fuds. Other than that, I'm more than willing to pay for people who need it.

Or maybe you can set up a fundraiser/raffle to raise money for the teachers? Dunno. uwu

Please put me on the pinglist!
@Jademagic
Sure thing!

@RainbowReindeer
That's very kind of you! Yes, fundraisers maybe an option. I'll put you on the pinglist now!
@Jademagic
Sure thing!

@RainbowReindeer
That's very kind of you! Yes, fundraisers maybe an option. I'll put you on the pinglist now!
hi
@SplashFeather

seconding this in shame because of what ive DONE
@SplashFeather

seconding this in shame because of what ive DONE
@redfish
You need to send the form to me via PM.
@redfish
You need to send the form to me via PM.
hi
@SplashFeather
oh gosh sorry. oh my goodness im sorry
@SplashFeather
oh gosh sorry. oh my goodness im sorry
@redfish
That's okay! C:
@redfish
That's okay! C:
hi
@SplashFeather

This looks interesting. Can't really help as a teacher but if you don't mind having a student With Opinions...

Looking at the costs: you said you'd like each course to be once a week for two months? So roughly 8 classes per course. At 40kt for a course that would be a grand total of 5kt a class (or 5kt a week). Really only "expensive" as a lump sum. You might consider having enrollment done in weekly installments to get people over the sticker shock (though there are risks with that).

Alternatively, since even 5kt can be a lot of treasure to someone just starting out, maybe consider having "intro/newbie" classes being on a lower payment tier. The lower payments could be offset by a) shorter course duration b) larger class sizes / less one-on-one interaction c) a relatively shallow course so that the teacher doesn't have to sink as much time into it and/or d) an easy to recycle course so that most of the work would be upfront with the payoff coming from later attendance.
@SplashFeather

This looks interesting. Can't really help as a teacher but if you don't mind having a student With Opinions...

Looking at the costs: you said you'd like each course to be once a week for two months? So roughly 8 classes per course. At 40kt for a course that would be a grand total of 5kt a class (or 5kt a week). Really only "expensive" as a lump sum. You might consider having enrollment done in weekly installments to get people over the sticker shock (though there are risks with that).

Alternatively, since even 5kt can be a lot of treasure to someone just starting out, maybe consider having "intro/newbie" classes being on a lower payment tier. The lower payments could be offset by a) shorter course duration b) larger class sizes / less one-on-one interaction c) a relatively shallow course so that the teacher doesn't have to sink as much time into it and/or d) an easy to recycle course so that most of the work would be upfront with the payoff coming from later attendance.
tumblr_inline_oki65tLbzS1tfmvub_100.pngE6nL5Eq.pngL4t11ki.gif
@Racnarath

About the cost; Yes, to many it is rather expensive, but I feel as though going much lower than the previously stated price is seriously undervaluing the effort that teachers will be putting in. Payment will be per course-as you said, per lesson is risky as it is easy for some to completely ditch the course, thus making it confusing for the teacher, and cluttering up the class in regards to the number of students.

A newbie class is a possibility!

Would you like to be added to the pinglist?
@Racnarath

About the cost; Yes, to many it is rather expensive, but I feel as though going much lower than the previously stated price is seriously undervaluing the effort that teachers will be putting in. Payment will be per course-as you said, per lesson is risky as it is easy for some to completely ditch the course, thus making it confusing for the teacher, and cluttering up the class in regards to the number of students.

A newbie class is a possibility!

Would you like to be added to the pinglist?
hi