Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Beauty and the Beast (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Rii

Either further into the forest or out... those were the options. They had already combed a good portion of the forest that bordered the town with no luck. That imperial that attacked earlier had vanished into thin air it seemed, with one of their young with her. Was it true the first they were hunting had nothing to do with the disappearances? If that were true then why did hatchlings start vanishing when Sarahi moved in? Something very wrong was happening and they needed to put an end to it now.

"Well, you were tracking her. Did she seem the sort to head deeper into the woods? She's not shadow-born." He seemed to consider a moment. "We'll split again. A smaller party will head towards the interior while another will follow any leads that may appear closer to the edge of the territory. Which ever way she went we'll find her. Come with us if you wish, or stay here. Either way we'll bring this criminal to justice." After what seemed to be an eternity the light dragons melted away into the forest, their lanterns fading away with them. It was a time before they could no longer be heard, but Sarahi wasn't going to emerge until she was absolutely sure they were gone.

"Quit your struggling, whelp!" A young pearlcatcher thrashed in a sack slung across broad shoulders. Her pitiful sobbing elicited a growl from the dragon that had plucked her from her home. It all happened so quickly. One moment she was with her friends and the next a shadow had passed over her and then darkness. In the struggle she had dropped her pearl as well, the thought of it lying in the dirt for some other to snatch up tore at her, almost as much as never seeing her family again. She had only a glimpse of her captor, a large black imperial with shiny scales and red eyes. But the voice wasn't female.

"You should consider yourself lucky, with your colors you'll likely end up with the breeders rather than the miners. Either way I'm sure I'll get a nice bit of coin for ya." He said. The young dragoness had no idea what he was talking about, but she remained silent. She could tell that they were underground now from the damp earthy smell and the echoing of his voice. No wonder his pursuers didn't find him, there was an underground escape route. She tried clawing at the bag again but the thick fibers proved too strong for her small claws. Lady Lightweaver help me!
@Rii

Either further into the forest or out... those were the options. They had already combed a good portion of the forest that bordered the town with no luck. That imperial that attacked earlier had vanished into thin air it seemed, with one of their young with her. Was it true the first they were hunting had nothing to do with the disappearances? If that were true then why did hatchlings start vanishing when Sarahi moved in? Something very wrong was happening and they needed to put an end to it now.

"Well, you were tracking her. Did she seem the sort to head deeper into the woods? She's not shadow-born." He seemed to consider a moment. "We'll split again. A smaller party will head towards the interior while another will follow any leads that may appear closer to the edge of the territory. Which ever way she went we'll find her. Come with us if you wish, or stay here. Either way we'll bring this criminal to justice." After what seemed to be an eternity the light dragons melted away into the forest, their lanterns fading away with them. It was a time before they could no longer be heard, but Sarahi wasn't going to emerge until she was absolutely sure they were gone.

"Quit your struggling, whelp!" A young pearlcatcher thrashed in a sack slung across broad shoulders. Her pitiful sobbing elicited a growl from the dragon that had plucked her from her home. It all happened so quickly. One moment she was with her friends and the next a shadow had passed over her and then darkness. In the struggle she had dropped her pearl as well, the thought of it lying in the dirt for some other to snatch up tore at her, almost as much as never seeing her family again. She had only a glimpse of her captor, a large black imperial with shiny scales and red eyes. But the voice wasn't female.

"You should consider yourself lucky, with your colors you'll likely end up with the breeders rather than the miners. Either way I'm sure I'll get a nice bit of coin for ya." He said. The young dragoness had no idea what he was talking about, but she remained silent. She could tell that they were underground now from the damp earthy smell and the echoing of his voice. No wonder his pursuers didn't find him, there was an underground escape route. She tried clawing at the bag again but the thick fibers proved too strong for her small claws. Lady Lightweaver help me!
RainbowPrimarybanner_zpsa5cf6c49.png
(@brightcat135 too bad Kulinda doesn't have the ability to see these posts or she'd have a much easier time finding the real guy.)

Kulinda let out her held breath with a quiet sigh, flattening her headfins as she realized that they were flaring with anxiety. Luckily she had her composure long enough for the townsdragons to leave. She peered into the woods, going out a little and around the hiding spot, searching for any remnants of the search party that may have stayed behind. Satisfied, she called to Sarahi. "They have left." She sat down, rubbing her neck with her paws, realizing just how tense she was during the whole confrontation. Good thing she was a smooth talker, she learned that from a wandering shadow dragon when she first started her journey to find a charge.
(@brightcat135 too bad Kulinda doesn't have the ability to see these posts or she'd have a much easier time finding the real guy.)

Kulinda let out her held breath with a quiet sigh, flattening her headfins as she realized that they were flaring with anxiety. Luckily she had her composure long enough for the townsdragons to leave. She peered into the woods, going out a little and around the hiding spot, searching for any remnants of the search party that may have stayed behind. Satisfied, she called to Sarahi. "They have left." She sat down, rubbing her neck with her paws, realizing just how tense she was during the whole confrontation. Good thing she was a smooth talker, she learned that from a wandering shadow dragon when she first started her journey to find a charge.
My account isn't new but I honestly just started actually playing now. Please ping me or I'll never see your messages.
@Rii ((Ha, yeah, but that wouldn't be very much fun. ;) ))

Sarahi didn't come out for a very long while, not until she was certain herself that the intruders had gone. Warily she crept out of the lair's entrance her form phasing through the false cover Umbra had made. It was only then that she realized that she was shaking. Her legs nearly buckled underneath her but she remained upright. The danger had passed... for now. Sarahi was certain that the arcane dragon would have ratted her out, but instead she deflected the search party. The imperial stared at Kulinda. The guardian could have easily led the dragons right to her, and they would have had one of their suspects in custody. But Sarahi supposed now that they thought there was another kidnapper at work things got a bit more complicated.

"We've got to leave this place. They'll sweep back I'm sure." Sarahi said once she had found her voice. She supposed now that Kulinda was worth trusting now, if only a little.
@Rii ((Ha, yeah, but that wouldn't be very much fun. ;) ))

Sarahi didn't come out for a very long while, not until she was certain herself that the intruders had gone. Warily she crept out of the lair's entrance her form phasing through the false cover Umbra had made. It was only then that she realized that she was shaking. Her legs nearly buckled underneath her but she remained upright. The danger had passed... for now. Sarahi was certain that the arcane dragon would have ratted her out, but instead she deflected the search party. The imperial stared at Kulinda. The guardian could have easily led the dragons right to her, and they would have had one of their suspects in custody. But Sarahi supposed now that they thought there was another kidnapper at work things got a bit more complicated.

"We've got to leave this place. They'll sweep back I'm sure." Sarahi said once she had found her voice. She supposed now that Kulinda was worth trusting now, if only a little.
RainbowPrimarybanner_zpsa5cf6c49.png
1 2 3 4 5 6