Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Earthshaker blocking the Coli
1 2 3 4 5
What if half of them just give up and wait until he moves?

There's always that one dragon that brings a deck of cards and everyone just plays some sick card games!! Then at night they have a huge bonfire and tell ghost stories and scare the pants off of any dragon who wears them. When it's time to sleep they all huddle up together totally for warmth and not because the ghost stories were too spoopy.

It's actually not a bad idea. All dragons from different clans and flights having a good time forgetting their differences and having a good time together instead of panicking.

For the stronger more not so relaxed dragons there can always be sparing matches where they can show off their strength and gain rep for their clan.

I am really starting to like this idea! I would go!
What if half of them just give up and wait until he moves?

There's always that one dragon that brings a deck of cards and everyone just plays some sick card games!! Then at night they have a huge bonfire and tell ghost stories and scare the pants off of any dragon who wears them. When it's time to sleep they all huddle up together totally for warmth and not because the ghost stories were too spoopy.

It's actually not a bad idea. All dragons from different clans and flights having a good time forgetting their differences and having a good time together instead of panicking.

For the stronger more not so relaxed dragons there can always be sparing matches where they can show off their strength and gain rep for their clan.

I am really starting to like this idea! I would go!
Arcanist would probably just.
Sigh.
"Why am I being dragged away from my research for this nonsense"
And just warp the Earthshaker out of the way or something.
Arcanist would probably just.
Sigh.
"Why am I being dragged away from my research for this nonsense"
And just warp the Earthshaker out of the way or something.
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
Considering the Arcanist has an unfortunate habit of blowing things up I would venture to guess the Earthshaker could find himself going "BOOM!"...
Considering the Arcanist has an unfortunate habit of blowing things up I would venture to guess the Earthshaker could find himself going "BOOM!"...
Boil'em! Mash'em! Stick them in a stew!
Potato_Banner_New.png
I think Glademomma probably would be strong enough to move Earthshaker without any help or magic - I always imagine them to be around the same size and strength.

... or she would realize how comfy he looks and just put down roots right next to him and stay there and they'd snore in tandem, hehe. And we'd all be stuck in the coli for a loooooooong time. O.o
I think Glademomma probably would be strong enough to move Earthshaker without any help or magic - I always imagine them to be around the same size and strength.

... or she would realize how comfy he looks and just put down roots right next to him and stay there and they'd snore in tandem, hehe. And we'd all be stuck in the coli for a loooooooong time. O.o
This is perfect *cough*
This is perfect *cough*
GJ4HbdE.gif
I imagine Shadowbinder finds great amusement in the Earthshaker's convenient nap in front of the coli. You don't mind if we... slip him some more sleeping aides~
I imagine Shadowbinder finds great amusement in the Earthshaker's convenient nap in front of the coli. You don't mind if we... slip him some more sleeping aides~
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
[quote name="TrundlingPumpkin" date=2015-09-01 10:21:43] Considering the Arcanist has an unfortunate habit of blowing things up I would venture to guess the Earthshaker could find himself going "BOOM!"... [/quote] The Arcanist successfully warps Earthshaker out of the way of the coli entrance. All the trapped dragons exit and being rejoicing in the spot where he was laying. Slowly, a shadow grows upon the ground - it appears that he was not teleported miles away north, south, east, or west - but rather miles upward. The impact ushers in a new Ice Age. Only Fire and Ice flights survive. The Earthshaker wakes up millennia later in a pit with all the other deities, and is happy that everyone is getting along now.
TrundlingPumpkin wrote on 2015-09-01:

The Arcanist successfully warps Earthshaker out of the way of the coli entrance. All the trapped dragons exit and being rejoicing in the spot where he was laying. Slowly, a shadow grows upon the ground - it appears that he was not teleported miles away north, south, east, or west - but rather miles upward.

The impact ushers in a new Ice Age. Only Fire and Ice flights survive. The Earthshaker wakes up millennia later in a pit with all the other deities, and is happy that everyone is getting along now.
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
[quote name="Kaegro" date=2015-09-01 12:50:25] [quote name="TrundlingPumpkin" date=2015-09-01 10:21:43] Considering the Arcanist has an unfortunate habit of blowing things up I would venture to guess the Earthshaker could find himself going "BOOM!"... [/quote] The Arcanist successfully warps Earthshaker out of the way of the coli entrance. All the trapped dragons exit and being rejoicing in the spot where he was laying. Slowly, a shadow grows upon the ground - it appears that he was not teleported miles away north, south, east, or west - but rather miles upward. The impact ushers in a new Ice Age. Only Fire and Ice flights survive. The Earthshaker wakes up millennia later in a pit with all the other deities, and is happy that everyone is getting along now. [/quote] *imagines the snuggle pile at the bottom of the pit*
Kaegro wrote on 2015-09-01:
TrundlingPumpkin wrote on 2015-09-01:

The Arcanist successfully warps Earthshaker out of the way of the coli entrance. All the trapped dragons exit and being rejoicing in the spot where he was laying. Slowly, a shadow grows upon the ground - it appears that he was not teleported miles away north, south, east, or west - but rather miles upward.

The impact ushers in a new Ice Age. Only Fire and Ice flights survive. The Earthshaker wakes up millennia later in a pit with all the other deities, and is happy that everyone is getting along now.

*imagines the snuggle pile at the bottom of the pit*
Boil'em! Mash'em! Stick them in a stew!
Potato_Banner_New.png
@RandomPurple
It's true, Snappers can't fly, but the other breeds all can. I'm skeptical that the Earthshaker could keep everyone trapped in the coliseum. Even with every exalted Earth dragon, Earth is the smallest flight of all -- they'd be outnumbered by anyone else, not to mention everyone else. No matter how big he is, Earthshaker can only be in one place at a time... thus, he could only prevent one group of us from escaping at a time, while his severely outnumbered exalts would have the task of keeping the entire rest of the species at bay. I'm not convinced they could do it.

Plus, all that's assuming he were deliberately trying to trap everyone. He's just nappin', right? Not deliberate. You could just fly/walk over him. Doubt he'd even notice.
@RandomPurple
It's true, Snappers can't fly, but the other breeds all can. I'm skeptical that the Earthshaker could keep everyone trapped in the coliseum. Even with every exalted Earth dragon, Earth is the smallest flight of all -- they'd be outnumbered by anyone else, not to mention everyone else. No matter how big he is, Earthshaker can only be in one place at a time... thus, he could only prevent one group of us from escaping at a time, while his severely outnumbered exalts would have the task of keeping the entire rest of the species at bay. I'm not convinced they could do it.

Plus, all that's assuming he were deliberately trying to trap everyone. He's just nappin', right? Not deliberate. You could just fly/walk over him. Doubt he'd even notice.
@RavenWinter He wouldn't have to block all of the flights in their home domains at once - it's assumed that everyone will be in the Coliseum, which presumably has only one way in and out. If you block off the only exit, no one can escape, no matter how many of them there are.

Although you do have to wonder why no one tries flying out of the open roof...maybe they're just weighed down by too much Coli loot?
@RavenWinter He wouldn't have to block all of the flights in their home domains at once - it's assumed that everyone will be in the Coliseum, which presumably has only one way in and out. If you block off the only exit, no one can escape, no matter how many of them there are.

Although you do have to wonder why no one tries flying out of the open roof...maybe they're just weighed down by too much Coli loot?
oCF41Q1.png
1 2 3 4 5