Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Trading Suggestion
I would like to be able to breed dragons with another user, and both getting two or so dragons, without having to trade??

Also, trade option will it would randomly match you with a player, and you can view each other's dragons and ask for specific ones. That way you don't have to necessarily talk to people or have friends to trade.
I would like to be able to breed dragons with another user, and both getting two or so dragons, without having to trade??

Also, trade option will it would randomly match you with a player, and you can view each other's dragons and ask for specific ones. That way you don't have to necessarily talk to people or have friends to trade.
Why does being lazy have to be so hard??
I've been wondering why FR doesn't have a method to allow studding. Hoping it'll be implemented someday.

Since the number of eggs is random, I think it'd be up to the respective breeders to decide what happens in the case of one egg, five eggs, female offspring, male offspring, colors, genes, ect...

The random dragon panel on the front page could already be used for the second suggestion I think. If the user hasn't specified anything in the clan profile, and are still active, no harm in asking about dragons for breeding/Sale. But a trade roulette kinda thing could be cool too.
I've been wondering why FR doesn't have a method to allow studding. Hoping it'll be implemented someday.

Since the number of eggs is random, I think it'd be up to the respective breeders to decide what happens in the case of one egg, five eggs, female offspring, male offspring, colors, genes, ect...

The random dragon panel on the front page could already be used for the second suggestion I think. If the user hasn't specified anything in the clan profile, and are still active, no harm in asking about dragons for breeding/Sale. But a trade roulette kinda thing could be cool too.
2qkpb88.jpg
@SlothKnowledge Support for having a common breeding ground - I would like eggs to be divided in half, random in case of non-even number, with random assigned hatchlings.

Absolutely no support for random matching unless it's an opt-in. I don't want to be randomly contacted by a player, for many reasons. Some don't like breeding, some don't breed for lore reasons, some assign one and only one mate, some have assigned pairs for hatcheries, some just don't want contacts with players they haven't met before.
@SlothKnowledge Support for having a common breeding ground - I would like eggs to be divided in half, random in case of non-even number, with random assigned hatchlings.

Absolutely no support for random matching unless it's an opt-in. I don't want to be randomly contacted by a player, for many reasons. Some don't like breeding, some don't breed for lore reasons, some assign one and only one mate, some have assigned pairs for hatcheries, some just don't want contacts with players they haven't met before.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Nimphy, by the random matching I meant that it would be something like the Pokémon trading. Where you get view the other persons dragons and say, "I want that one!" while the other person could say, "Oh heck no, bro." Also it would be nice to have the ability to choose specific standards for the people you want to trade with?? Its kinda like opting in. (P.S., I like your avatar)

@Zakiaya, I like your idea of choosing the eggs you want and stuff, but personally I think using the random dragon for my second suggestion is not that great of an idea, because what if that dragon is really cool and the owner keeps getting messages and is annoyed??
@Nimphy, by the random matching I meant that it would be something like the Pokémon trading. Where you get view the other persons dragons and say, "I want that one!" while the other person could say, "Oh heck no, bro." Also it would be nice to have the ability to choose specific standards for the people you want to trade with?? Its kinda like opting in. (P.S., I like your avatar)

@Zakiaya, I like your idea of choosing the eggs you want and stuff, but personally I think using the random dragon for my second suggestion is not that great of an idea, because what if that dragon is really cool and the owner keeps getting messages and is annoyed??
@SlothKnowledge

Oh! I didn't mean that it should just be a free-for-all. The account could be marked as "Open for Inquiries" or some such, and pushy buyers could be blocked of course. I just meant, I already almost always click on the random dragon when I'm on the front page and check out that persons Lair. Sometimes I hope they have one of their dragons marked for sale in a range I can afford. Hasn't happened yet, but it opens up possibilities for a bit of a shotgun buy XD
@SlothKnowledge

Oh! I didn't mean that it should just be a free-for-all. The account could be marked as "Open for Inquiries" or some such, and pushy buyers could be blocked of course. I just meant, I already almost always click on the random dragon when I'm on the front page and check out that persons Lair. Sometimes I hope they have one of their dragons marked for sale in a range I can afford. Hasn't happened yet, but it opens up possibilities for a bit of a shotgun buy XD
2qkpb88.jpg
@Zakiaya Ohh... I get what you mean, that "Open for Inquires" is a good idea, especially for people who really want to sell their dragons like myself. And, if you want to by dragons, check my profile page description thing. Starting this Wednesday, I will be selling hopefully nice dragons for super cheap. Its supposed to be open only for Ice people, but I can make a few exceptions ;)

(If you do check it out though, please tell your friends!)
@Zakiaya Ohh... I get what you mean, that "Open for Inquires" is a good idea, especially for people who really want to sell their dragons like myself. And, if you want to by dragons, check my profile page description thing. Starting this Wednesday, I will be selling hopefully nice dragons for super cheap. Its supposed to be open only for Ice people, but I can make a few exceptions ;)

(If you do check it out though, please tell your friends!)
100% support for a safe method of studding that results in an even number of eggs.

No support for anything that encourages people to send stud/trade requests without first messaging the player. It would irritate me if someone sent a request to breed with one of my dragons without asking me first - I would be worried I'd accidentally say yes and lose out on a breeding (and I have very particular set pairs).
100% support for a safe method of studding that results in an even number of eggs.

No support for anything that encourages people to send stud/trade requests without first messaging the player. It would irritate me if someone sent a request to breed with one of my dragons without asking me first - I would be worried I'd accidentally say yes and lose out on a breeding (and I have very particular set pairs).
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon Thank you for agreeing with me on the first part, but I have seen confusion on the second part.

The idea for the second part is that you would go over to the crossroads and then click something that could say "Random Trade" and then put you in a trading area once a user is found. Also for the privacy of getting a random message for breeding, I don't really think that you would be able to avoid that :/ Its just an idea for those people, like me, that want to breed their dragons for breeding. Maybe a "Private Mode" option could be available that would hide your dragon lair from everyone but your friends, or allow only certain dragons that you chose to be visible.
@squidragon Thank you for agreeing with me on the first part, but I have seen confusion on the second part.

The idea for the second part is that you would go over to the crossroads and then click something that could say "Random Trade" and then put you in a trading area once a user is found. Also for the privacy of getting a random message for breeding, I don't really think that you would be able to avoid that :/ Its just an idea for those people, like me, that want to breed their dragons for breeding. Maybe a "Private Mode" option could be available that would hide your dragon lair from everyone but your friends, or allow only certain dragons that you chose to be visible.
@SlothKnowledge Oh, I don't mind getting messages from people at all and I certainly wouldn't want to hide my lair. I just don't really like unsolicited trade requests sent before the person asks if it's okay. As long as I've been messaged first, it's totally fine. I've had people send requests to trade with dragons of mine that have bios/art/familiars/etc with no warning and it's sort of awkward.

But now that you say more about it, it sounds like this would be arranging trades between two random parties who are both looking for a trade. That could be interesting, although I'm not sure how many people would use it since we've already got the Auction House and sales forums. And most people only have a couple of dragons that they're willing to part with, so it might end in a lot of rejected offers.

EDIT: Actually, if only dragons without familiars & apparel showed up, this could be interesting and it would be pretty likely that all the dragons were available!
@SlothKnowledge Oh, I don't mind getting messages from people at all and I certainly wouldn't want to hide my lair. I just don't really like unsolicited trade requests sent before the person asks if it's okay. As long as I've been messaged first, it's totally fine. I've had people send requests to trade with dragons of mine that have bios/art/familiars/etc with no warning and it's sort of awkward.

But now that you say more about it, it sounds like this would be arranging trades between two random parties who are both looking for a trade. That could be interesting, although I'm not sure how many people would use it since we've already got the Auction House and sales forums. And most people only have a couple of dragons that they're willing to part with, so it might end in a lot of rejected offers.

EDIT: Actually, if only dragons without familiars & apparel showed up, this could be interesting and it would be pretty likely that all the dragons were available!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon Wow, i totally forgot about the auction house D: Now that I think about it, it is pretty much the same thing, but I also thought it could be used for breeding with other peoples' dragons without having to trade and stuff. Also, yeah, having some sort of thing that lets you hide pending trade/breeding requests would be nice. (And I wish dragons without stuff were the only ones to show up)
@squidragon Wow, i totally forgot about the auction house D: Now that I think about it, it is pretty much the same thing, but I also thought it could be used for breeding with other peoples' dragons without having to trade and stuff. Also, yeah, having some sort of thing that lets you hide pending trade/breeding requests would be nice. (And I wish dragons without stuff were the only ones to show up)