Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Poems for your dragons [OPEN]
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
@DeepflowManah [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7934757] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79348/7934757_350.png[/img] [/url] [s]Emmet slunk back into the nearby tidal pools, the coils of his body shivering. It hadn’t been particularly clever to fight the Serthis on his own, but he was a Plagueborn dragon, with all the wildness and desperation to test the edges of his strength that this implied. The Serthis’ clan existed in the liminal territory where the Sea of a Thousand Currents met the Tangled Woods. Maybe this was part of the reason Emmet had been defeated so thoroughly — this land was entrusted to a different God as much as it was to his clan’s own. Shadow met sea, there. It was a fertile place, but an unsettled one. Maybe the Tidelord had looked away. Or maybe he’d just been a little too sure of himself, and there was nothing more to blame than his own overconfidence and the growing determination of the Beastclans. He curled around himself, watching unhappily but without flinching as his own blood spread in eddies around him. The water of the Tsunami Flats licked at him, warmed by the sun. It wasn’t a terrible place to recover. The Tidelord was said to protect his charges best, here, where the fish flickered brightly beneath the waves and the magpies flew cawing in the bright salt-struck sun. He breathed in. He’d wait — he’d rest — and then he’d return to fighting, full of new tricks he’d learned from this loss.[/s] My blood boils My heart beats My soul rejoices I am alive When my blood is shed for a cause I am alive When I take a lead in battle I am alive When I fight for what I believe I am alive When I am still and with my love I wish to be one I wish to be beside My heart dances I cannot forget Whenever I bleed Whenever I fight I must remember Where my heart really lies
@DeepflowManah

7934757_350.png

Emmet slunk back into the nearby tidal pools, the coils of his body shivering. It hadn’t been particularly clever to fight the Serthis on his own, but he was a Plagueborn dragon, with all the wildness and desperation to test the edges of his strength that this implied.

The Serthis’ clan existed in the liminal territory where the Sea of a Thousand Currents met the Tangled Woods. Maybe this was part of the reason Emmet had been defeated so thoroughly — this land was entrusted to a different God as much as it was to his clan’s own. Shadow met sea, there. It was a fertile place, but an unsettled one. Maybe the Tidelord had looked away.

Or maybe he’d just been a little too sure of himself, and there was nothing more to blame than his own overconfidence and the growing determination of the Beastclans.

He curled around himself, watching unhappily but without flinching as his own blood spread in eddies around him. The water of the Tsunami Flats licked at him, warmed by the sun. It wasn’t a terrible place to recover. The Tidelord was said to protect his charges best, here, where the fish flickered brightly beneath the waves and the magpies flew cawing in the bright salt-struck sun. He breathed in. He’d wait — he’d rest — and then he’d return to fighting, full of new tricks he’d learned from this loss.

My blood boils
My heart beats
My soul rejoices
I am alive
When my blood is shed for a cause
I am alive
When I take a lead in battle
I am alive
When I fight for what I believe
I am alive
When I am still and with my love
I wish to be one
I wish to be beside
My heart dances
I cannot forget
Whenever I bleed
Whenever I fight
I must remember
Where my heart really lies
kJFl4h9.pngReminder: If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
‘Please help me. I’m dying.’

~~~Let me write poems for your dragons~~~
@riverleader [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2979489] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29795/2979489_350.png[/img] [/url] [s]Venus Venus is the progenitor of her clan. She serves as a warrior, hunter, "grandmother," and any other job when the need arises. For every birth and every exaltation, she's been there for the other dragons. She works to protect the lair and its inhabitants at all times, appointing the most trustworthy dragons to administrative positions within the clan and watching over the others. Venus puts all of the clan members above herself and would do anything for them and for the success of the clan. Regardless, all of the dragons in the clan would call her a friend and all know how much they matter to her. Venus has decidedly taken Glaciem as her charge. He reminds her of herself when she was a young dragon - weak, downtrodden, and so on. Of course, she's never talked about her past before the clan, so these thoughts are purely her own, but they still stand. Venus rarely leaves him alone to be by himself, and she values their nightly stargazing together, but she knows that he longs for more than just being an astrologist. She knows what he wants to do and where he wants to be, but Venus is sure he can't get there by himself like he so badly wants. She's doing her best to train him, but he has to be patient. Venus wants to stay with him for the rest of their lives. She wants to guide him the way she should have been guided at his age, but she herself doesn't realize that everything she is today is because of what she was then. Venus is mute. She can't speak at all, but nobody is sure why. Anything is possible. Maybe she was born mute. Maybe she damaged her vocal cords doing something in her past. Whatever the case may be, the clan members only gossip about it very late at night, only when they are absolutely sure she can't see or hear them. Since they're never sure of this, though, they almost never gossip about her. Especially since some of the older dragons would start a fight if they ever heard Venus being disrespected. Although the only dragons who ever knew about Venus' past have been exalted, and anything regarding who she was before she was the clan leader has been erased, Venus is still extremely popular with all of her clan mates. There are very few rules within the clan, but there is an unspoken one between members to not hurt Venus in any way and to protect her as well as she protects them. -- Old lore says that Venus was born from a new, very destructive strain of sickness that came from The Wyrmwood itself. Rather than to destroy, however, the strain was given life and a task to make life rather than end it. Such was Venus born. All old tales can be taken with a grain of salt, since there aren't any facts to follow up on, and it's not like a dragon can be born from an errant strand of plague... right?[/s] Silence surrounds me It brings me comfort Brings me calm I do not speak Instead I take action I do my best I am always there They come to me These dragons who do not know Cannot know Who i was They come to me Trust me Love me I lead them They do not know Cannot know Who i was before I have nearly forgotten myself
@riverleader
2979489_350.png

Venus

Venus is the progenitor of her clan. She serves as a warrior, hunter, "grandmother," and any other job when the need arises.

For every birth and every exaltation, she's been there for the other dragons. She works to protect the lair and its inhabitants at all times, appointing the most trustworthy dragons to administrative positions within the clan and watching over the others.

Venus puts all of the clan members above herself and would do anything for them and for the success of the clan. Regardless, all of the dragons in the clan would call her a friend and all know how much they matter to her.

Venus has decidedly taken Glaciem as her charge. He reminds her of herself when she was a young dragon - weak, downtrodden, and so on. Of course, she's never talked about her past before the clan, so these thoughts are purely her own, but they still stand. Venus rarely leaves him alone to be by himself, and she values their nightly stargazing together, but she knows that he longs for more than just being an astrologist. She knows what he wants to do and where he wants to be, but Venus is sure he can't get there by himself like he so badly wants. She's doing her best to train him, but he has to be patient. Venus wants to stay with him for the rest of their lives. She wants to guide him the way she should have been guided at his age, but she herself doesn't realize that everything she is today is because of what she was then.

Venus is mute. She can't speak at all, but nobody is sure why. Anything is possible. Maybe she was born mute. Maybe she damaged her vocal cords doing something in her past. Whatever the case may be, the clan members only gossip about it very late at night, only when they are absolutely sure she can't see or hear them. Since they're never sure of this, though, they almost never gossip about her. Especially since some of the older dragons would start a fight if they ever heard Venus being disrespected.

Although the only dragons who ever knew about Venus' past have been exalted, and anything regarding who she was before she was the clan leader has been erased, Venus is still extremely popular with all of her clan mates.

There are very few rules within the clan, but there is an unspoken one between members to not hurt Venus in any way and to protect her as well as she protects them.

--

Old lore says that Venus was born from a new, very destructive strain of sickness that came from The Wyrmwood itself. Rather than to destroy, however, the strain was given life and a task to make life rather than end it. Such was Venus born. All old tales can be taken with a grain of salt, since there aren't any facts to follow up on, and it's not like a dragon can be born from an errant strand of plague... right?

Silence surrounds me
It brings me comfort
Brings me calm
I do not speak
Instead I take action
I do my best
I am always there
They come to me
These dragons who do not know
Cannot know
Who i was
They come to me
Trust me
Love me
I lead them
They do not know
Cannot know
Who i was before
I have nearly forgotten myself
kJFl4h9.pngReminder: If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.

@Trollzaya [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8886702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88868/8886702_350.png[/img] [/url] My wings lead me Where I need to go I am one with the sky One with the earth One with the water Nothing will burden my heart Nothing will lessen my soul I am who I need to be Who I wish to be I fly up high Soar down low Nothing will keep me Nothing will burden me
@Trollzaya

8886702_350.png

My wings lead me
Where I need to go
I am one with the sky
One with the earth
One with the water
Nothing will burden my heart
Nothing will lessen my soul
I am who I need to be
Who I wish to be
I fly up high
Soar down low
Nothing will keep me
Nothing will burden me

@StellaSeibert omg i love it! thank you so much c:
@StellaSeibert omg i love it! thank you so much c:
@StellaSeibert
This is amazing! Thank you! :D
@StellaSeibert
This is amazing! Thank you! :D
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@StellaSeibert Hi there, I would love it if you could do [s]Flossy[/s] CandyFloss? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15082278] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150823/15082278_350.png[/img] [/url] (Ignore the green wraps/Pixies. She is dressed up for a contest of sorts)
@StellaSeibert Hi there, I would love it if you could do Flossy CandyFloss?

15082278_350.png

(Ignore the green wraps/Pixies. She is dressed up for a contest of sorts)
va9Ovky.png
@Sparky70144

Pinging myself so that way I will remember to come here once I have some basic bios done for my dragons. <3
@Sparky70144

Pinging myself so that way I will remember to come here once I have some basic bios done for my dragons. <3
qAuPklL.png
female pronouns
vegetarian pagan
I write bios
I really need to stop impulse buying
PM me! I'm lonely
Only the solidness of the earth beneath allows you to stand.
When all else crumbles we will remain.
ckKSH8m.gif5QHpl0O.gif
@StellaSeibert Moved to Art Sales! The Creative Corner is not for transactions. :)
@StellaSeibert Moved to Art Sales! The Creative Corner is not for transactions. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@Shinyfox [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15082278] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150823/15082278_350.png[/img] [/url] [s] Flossy The Alchemist Stern | Intimidating | Hardworking Don't call me Flossy. Ever. A stern woman who is set on finding out why Dragons have come down with Gembond. She suffered from it as a young hatchling and has no memory of ever contracting it. As she grew, so did it. Terror took her over as she struggled to find a cure. The more she feverishly worked the faster it started to grow until it had almost encased her feet and hands. She gave up one night, sitting upon the floor and crying only to discover that as the realization that she could never cure Gembond flowed through her, the Gembond receded and she could move her claws again, move without stiffening joints. Thus began a new series of experiments. She looked into dragons of all sorts who 'suffered' from Gembond. She found that an alarming number of those who worried about it and attempted to cure it were strongly afflicted with the Gembond; it affected their everyday lives and movements. Those that were easy going about it or had accepted it as part of them had little to no problems from the Gembond at all. She is very testy about her name. You say the whole thing. "CandyFloss" you don't shorten it to 'Candy' or, Windsinger forbid, 'Flossy'. Once in awhile she allows a 'Floss!' to pass her scrutiny. She has a soft spot for her apprentice, Aldwyn, even though he breaks more things than all the other dragons in the Lair combined. If any other dragon dropped and broke a beaker they would get a tongue lashing from the Clan Alchemist. Aldwyn merely gets a stern (but kind) word and is made to clean up his mess. She was found by Essen, during one of the Spiral's crazy wanderings. She had been abandoned by her clan, barely even a day old and all she knew was her name. So Essen took pity on the Gembonded hatchling and brought her to Aurai who felt she couldn't turn her away.[/s] My life was overrun Taken over Worry Worry Worry My foe was simply a feeling An illness that knew my heart It took me over Covered all my efforts Like a virus of the mind Inhale Exhale Let the worry go Do not let the bothersome nature of it win I am more I am powerful I am everything I can be Do not define me By silly names Or an unknown illness I am more I am powerful I am me
@Shinyfox

15082278_350.png

Flossy
The Alchemist
Stern | Intimidating | Hardworking

Don't call me Flossy. Ever.

A stern woman who is set on finding out why Dragons have come down with Gembond. She suffered from it as a young hatchling and has no memory of ever contracting it. As she grew, so did it. Terror took her over as she struggled to find a cure. The more she feverishly worked the faster it started to grow until it had almost encased her feet and hands. She gave up one night, sitting upon the floor and crying only to discover that as the realization that she could never cure Gembond flowed through her, the Gembond receded and she could move her claws again, move without stiffening joints. Thus began a new series of experiments. She looked into dragons of all sorts who 'suffered' from Gembond. She found that an alarming number of those who worried about it and attempted to cure it were strongly afflicted with the Gembond; it affected their everyday lives and movements. Those that were easy going about it or had accepted it as part of them had little to no problems from the Gembond at all.

She is very testy about her name. You say the whole thing. "CandyFloss" you don't shorten it to 'Candy' or, Windsinger forbid, 'Flossy'. Once in awhile she allows a 'Floss!' to pass her scrutiny. She has a soft spot for her apprentice, Aldwyn, even though he breaks more things than all the other dragons in the Lair combined. If any other dragon dropped and broke a beaker they would get a tongue lashing from the Clan Alchemist. Aldwyn merely gets a stern (but kind) word and is made to clean up his mess.

She was found by Essen, during one of the Spiral's crazy wanderings. She had been abandoned by her clan, barely even a day old and all she knew was her name. So Essen took pity on the Gembonded hatchling and brought her to Aurai who felt she couldn't turn her away.

My life was overrun
Taken over
Worry
Worry
Worry
My foe was simply a feeling
An illness that knew my heart
It took me over
Covered all my efforts
Like a virus of the mind
Inhale
Exhale
Let the worry go
Do not let the bothersome nature of it win
I am more
I am powerful
I am everything I can be
Do not define me
By silly names
Or an unknown illness
I am more
I am powerful
I am me

@StellaSeibert You captured her perfectly. You are amazing with words. Thank you so much, you've done her justice and more! <3
@StellaSeibert You captured her perfectly. You are amazing with words. Thank you so much, you've done her justice and more! <3
va9Ovky.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20