Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Gathering Turns Duplicating Results
1 2
The past few days while using my Gathering turns, I frequently (2-5 turns out of 15) click Gather Again and the turn count goes down but it claims I looted exactly what I looted last turn.

Example (made up, but basically what I keep seeing):
13 turns remaining: loot 1 silver ore, 2 sand, 5 tin ore, 2 charged sprockets.
12 turns remaining: loot 1 silver ore, 2 sand, 5 tin ore, 2 charged sprockets.

I do not know whether this is a real bug (actually getting the same selection of things again) a display bug (looted a new selection but it lies and uses the last turn's info) or a dire bug (not looting at all but claiming it did with the previous turn's data). It's kind of tricky to check, since my hoard is monstrously large and I can't know what item stacks the next turn will deal with.

Tomorrow I'll try vaulting a whole tab and checking it between turns while gathering, I guess. Wanted to make an initial report now though, a third of my gathering turns got hit by this today and it's weird.

[EDIT]ed for title clarity.
The past few days while using my Gathering turns, I frequently (2-5 turns out of 15) click Gather Again and the turn count goes down but it claims I looted exactly what I looted last turn.

Example (made up, but basically what I keep seeing):
13 turns remaining: loot 1 silver ore, 2 sand, 5 tin ore, 2 charged sprockets.
12 turns remaining: loot 1 silver ore, 2 sand, 5 tin ore, 2 charged sprockets.

I do not know whether this is a real bug (actually getting the same selection of things again) a display bug (looted a new selection but it lies and uses the last turn's info) or a dire bug (not looting at all but claiming it did with the previous turn's data). It's kind of tricky to check, since my hoard is monstrously large and I can't know what item stacks the next turn will deal with.

Tomorrow I'll try vaulting a whole tab and checking it between turns while gathering, I guess. Wanted to make an initial report now though, a third of my gathering turns got hit by this today and it's weird.

[EDIT]ed for title clarity.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
Just going to chime in and say I noticed the same thing happen a few times while I was Gathering yesterday. Didn't happen today, but I'm a bit wary of it happening again. The item pool is just so large, it seems nigh impossible for these duplicate turns to happen.
Just going to chime in and say I noticed the same thing happen a few times while I was Gathering yesterday. Didn't happen today, but I'm a bit wary of it happening again. The item pool is just so large, it seems nigh impossible for these duplicate turns to happen.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
Having the same problem, and made sure it was duping turns. I did in fact get all items from both turns. Seems odd as I got an extremely rare item from the duped turns...
Having the same problem, and made sure it was duping turns. I did in fact get all items from both turns. Seems odd as I got an extremely rare item from the duped turns...
Alice//Alios She/Her/Hers//He/Him/His
tumblr_inline_nbwjc9Ktu31qkfp12.png
Happened to me today, as well while digging in the Lightning area
Happened to me today, as well while digging in the Lightning area
Happened to me today while both Scavenging and Digging. I thought the RNG was just being particularly odd but apparently it's a trend? I want to say almost every other or every third turn was a repeat. I only had maybe 3 unique turns this morning.
Happened to me today while both Scavenging and Digging. I thought the RNG was just being particularly odd but apparently it's a trend? I want to say almost every other or every third turn was a repeat. I only had maybe 3 unique turns this morning.
ThetaTiny_zps9kx17jxv.pngtumblr_n9vzy0S93D1senbf4o3_100.gifGhost.png
I also had the same thing happen today. I spent all of my turns digging in lightning and had several sets of duplicates. I didn't think much of it, though, so I didn't delve into whether I actually got all of the items.

Edit to add: I watched again today, and I did receive the correct amount of items in my hoard. So nothing's being lost, but getting exactly the same results in a row is definitely a thing that is happening.
I also had the same thing happen today. I spent all of my turns digging in lightning and had several sets of duplicates. I didn't think much of it, though, so I didn't delve into whether I actually got all of the items.

Edit to add: I watched again today, and I did receive the correct amount of items in my hoard. So nothing's being lost, but getting exactly the same results in a row is definitely a thing that is happening.
hJWOfQK.png
Same here, I'm getting it once or twice a day. It would be disconcerting if it weren't for the number of turns ticking down.

I even waited for a few seconds before clicking again and it still bugged, so it wasn't just clicking in rapid succession. I feel like something may be off server side, like duplicating requests for some reason or something.
Same here, I'm getting it once or twice a day. It would be disconcerting if it weren't for the number of turns ticking down.

I even waited for a few seconds before clicking again and it still bugged, so it wasn't just clicking in rapid succession. I feel like something may be off server side, like duplicating requests for some reason or something.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Happened to me a few times today.
Happened to me a few times today.
Was happening to me too!

Looked on the bug thread to see if it was happening to anyone else, and of course its top of the list...

this whole event has seemed super messed up with drop rates
Was happening to me too!

Looked on the bug thread to see if it was happening to anyone else, and of course its top of the list...

this whole event has seemed super messed up with drop rates
JVJe9Z6.gifFffYn9C.png
Happened to me just now. Three consecutive gathers, I got the exact same thing. 1 material I can't remember and a Thunder Spear chest. And yes, I did indeed get 3 Thunder Spear chests.

I wonder if it has something to do with how fast you click the gather button? I click it really fast, which is why I don't remember what material I got with the chests. Perhaps if it gets too many requests to quickly it's failing to reroll at the moment.
Happened to me just now. Three consecutive gathers, I got the exact same thing. 1 material I can't remember and a Thunder Spear chest. And yes, I did indeed get 3 Thunder Spear chests.

I wonder if it has something to do with how fast you click the gather button? I click it really fast, which is why I don't remember what material I got with the chests. Perhaps if it gets too many requests to quickly it's failing to reroll at the moment.
bmC7aIK.pngmLmd8FJ.pngdV1P3J2.pngWCTD8jq.png
1 2