Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum: Battle Stones
1 2
Thoughts

Hard Fragment: +1 Defense level 5 Augment Stone

Elemental Hard Fragment: either +2 Def or +1 Def and +1 Mind also a level 5 augment stone

Sentinel or Paladin: +3 Quickness, +2 Defense, + 2 Mind, +1 Vitality and +1 Agility level 17 augment stone

This puts them kind of in line with the way the hybrid fragment work and creates three types of stones in each catagory helping sweepers, casters and now tanks. The level 17 stone doesn't put +5 into any one stat but increases 5 stats instead of 3 which still helps put points where a tanks want them with out just using points gained by leveling.

A Taunt stone would probably have to be an Ability stone if it only worked for a couple of turns... however an Accessory stone that was always on might work well for tanks also. Maybe there would be a place for both stones the ability version being much lower level and replaced with something else when the accessory stone version became available.

The battle system and stones available seemed to imply an attacker a defender and a caster would make a well balanced team. However without additions such as these the berserkers and the casters are much easier to create.

It would also be interesting to see higher level versions of energy, ability and augment stones for level 20+ dragons. Such higher level stones would do more but also cost more breath so you would need higher level versions of energy stones to be able to power them.

Example
Acuity Stone: +6 Int
Hard Stone: +3 Defense, +3 Mind
Might Stone: +6 Strength

Elemental Acuity Stone: +10 Int
Elemental Hard Stone: +5 Defense, +5 Mind
Elemental Might Stone: +10 Strength

Glass Hybrid Stone: lightning, ice or arcane: +8 Int and +8 Qck
Obsidian Hybrid Stone: earth, plague, shadow, or fire: +8 Str, +4 Def, +4 Mnd
Shale Hybrid Stone: light, nature, water, or wind: +8 Agi and +8 Vit
Thoughts

Hard Fragment: +1 Defense level 5 Augment Stone

Elemental Hard Fragment: either +2 Def or +1 Def and +1 Mind also a level 5 augment stone

Sentinel or Paladin: +3 Quickness, +2 Defense, + 2 Mind, +1 Vitality and +1 Agility level 17 augment stone

This puts them kind of in line with the way the hybrid fragment work and creates three types of stones in each catagory helping sweepers, casters and now tanks. The level 17 stone doesn't put +5 into any one stat but increases 5 stats instead of 3 which still helps put points where a tanks want them with out just using points gained by leveling.

A Taunt stone would probably have to be an Ability stone if it only worked for a couple of turns... however an Accessory stone that was always on might work well for tanks also. Maybe there would be a place for both stones the ability version being much lower level and replaced with something else when the accessory stone version became available.

The battle system and stones available seemed to imply an attacker a defender and a caster would make a well balanced team. However without additions such as these the berserkers and the casters are much easier to create.

It would also be interesting to see higher level versions of energy, ability and augment stones for level 20+ dragons. Such higher level stones would do more but also cost more breath so you would need higher level versions of energy stones to be able to power them.

Example
Acuity Stone: +6 Int
Hard Stone: +3 Defense, +3 Mind
Might Stone: +6 Strength

Elemental Acuity Stone: +10 Int
Elemental Hard Stone: +5 Defense, +5 Mind
Elemental Might Stone: +10 Strength

Glass Hybrid Stone: lightning, ice or arcane: +8 Int and +8 Qck
Obsidian Hybrid Stone: earth, plague, shadow, or fire: +8 Str, +4 Def, +4 Mnd
Shale Hybrid Stone: light, nature, water, or wind: +8 Agi and +8 Vit
Support

With the coliseum re-write going on I sincerely hope that they add new stones and tweak the system so builds other than Eliminate based sweepers (and the occasional mage as support) are useful.
Support

With the coliseum re-write going on I sincerely hope that they add new stones and tweak the system so builds other than Eliminate based sweepers (and the occasional mage as support) are useful.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Tank's eliminate-tier ability should be a powerful counter.
Tank's eliminate-tier ability should be a powerful counter.
Lost Lute pgE81Sv.png Aerborne Ambassador
Support!
I'd also love to have a battle stone that gives other dragons breath. I can't stress how much i'd love this, it would make my healer baby so much more useful when my fighters miss on their eliminates.
Support!
I'd also love to have a battle stone that gives other dragons breath. I can't stress how much i'd love this, it would make my healer baby so much more useful when my fighters miss on their eliminates.
Support. New stones would make things a lot more interesting.
Support. New stones would make things a lot more interesting.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
support.
support.
Another thought for a higher level ability stones

There are currently two intelligence based and one strength based elemental ability stone for each element. It would be nice to see higher level versions of both of those of course as mentioned above. Some sort of elemental defense ability would be nice as well.

What would be really interesting and something I'm not even sure the coding of the game would allow is an elemental ability that heals dragons/creatures of some elements and harms others based on the element of he stone/caster, similar but more extreme than he elemental damage modifiers already in effect. One must be very careful how such a stone is used as it could be problematic if you use it on the wrong creature or dragon.
Another thought for a higher level ability stones

There are currently two intelligence based and one strength based elemental ability stone for each element. It would be nice to see higher level versions of both of those of course as mentioned above. Some sort of elemental defense ability would be nice as well.

What would be really interesting and something I'm not even sure the coding of the game would allow is an elemental ability that heals dragons/creatures of some elements and harms others based on the element of he stone/caster, similar but more extreme than he elemental damage modifiers already in effect. One must be very careful how such a stone is used as it could be problematic if you use it on the wrong creature or dragon.
Another idea that I'm not sure if it would work with the coding of the game is area effect abilities at higher levels. Offensive area effect might have 2 types where a single target takes most of the damage while those next to it take only a fraction and others might effect all opponents equally. Healing abilities, buffs and barriers might also come in versions that effect your entire group of dragons, I would expect such things to use a lot of breath and be rather high level stones.
Another idea that I'm not sure if it would work with the coding of the game is area effect abilities at higher levels. Offensive area effect might have 2 types where a single target takes most of the damage while those next to it take only a fraction and others might effect all opponents equally. Healing abilities, buffs and barriers might also come in versions that effect your entire group of dragons, I would expect such things to use a lot of breath and be rather high level stones.
Although a stone ability that generated breath for all dragons in ones party would be nice I'm not sure how to make it work within the the world of Flight Rising. (not coding or game mechanics so much as the background info on how dragons live and fight)

Deep Meditation could be a level 20 stone replacing Meditate, generating more breath but with a greater penalties to physical combat.

Strike could be a level 20 stone replacing Scratch, generating some more breath and doing slightly more damage. "Through experience and concentration a warrior can be more lethal and more efficient at the same time."

Situational Awareness could be a level 20 replacement for Anticipate, possibly even generating breath when not hit but not as much as when hit. "Aware of the flows of battle and enemy actions in the past allows one to better judge when and where to defend or attack."

Although a stone ability that generated breath for all dragons in ones party would be nice I'm not sure how to make it work within the the world of Flight Rising. (not coding or game mechanics so much as the background info on how dragons live and fight)

Deep Meditation could be a level 20 stone replacing Meditate, generating more breath but with a greater penalties to physical combat.

Strike could be a level 20 stone replacing Scratch, generating some more breath and doing slightly more damage. "Through experience and concentration a warrior can be more lethal and more efficient at the same time."

Situational Awareness could be a level 20 replacement for Anticipate, possibly even generating breath when not hit but not as much as when hit. "Aware of the flows of battle and enemy actions in the past allows one to better judge when and where to defend or attack."

I made a thread about this a little while ago, work just keeps me from keeping it updated and bumped.

These are things I suggested in it:
Quote:
Augment
(There's currently only two (good ones) of these in the game--this is unacceptable.)
Soldier: +5 Vitality, +2 Defense and +2 Mind
Scrapper: +5 Agility, +3 Quickness and +1 Vitality
Brawler: +5 Agility, +3 Vitality and +1 Defense
Speedster: +5 Quickness, +3 Agility and +1 Strength
Sentinel: +5 Defence, +3 Vitality and +1 Quickness

Ability
(I think we have a decent number of actual abilities, here's the ones I put in to kind of round out some of the other things I added.)
Dexterity: The target's agility is increased.
Sanctuary: The target's defense and mind are increased.
Snake Strike: You strike the target for moderate damage. Damage is based on agility. Has a chance to poison the target.
Revive: You return life to a wounded ally, giving them 25% of their health back after they have fallen.
Siphon: A low neutral damage magic attack that drains some health from the target and returns it to the caster.
Torment: A medium neutral damage magic attack. The target takes damage from terrors (the magic-based dot debuff name) for a short time.
Purge: The target is cleansed of any negative effects.
Atrophy: Does no damage, but applies Atrophy to your target. This enhances the effects of negative abilities done to the target. Increases with INT.
Spellsteal: Steal a positive effect from an enemy. (Works with improved Purge)

Accessory
(This is where a bulk of the changes would come from. The addition of these, even if they were readjusted for balance, would mean that the Coliseum would have to be rebalanced. The Glorious stones, as well, adds a lot of utility to a lot of abilities. Those will be listed further down the post.)
Protector: Allows your Guard ability to always trigger when targeted ally is being attacked.
Potion Pitcher: Allows you to use a potion in addition to your normal turn every three turns. (When used, debuff disallowing use shows up for 3 turns) (Does not work in PvP matches)
Medic: Your Aid and Regeneration abilities do 25% more healing.
Vampiric Fangs: Your Sap ability returns 100% health from damage done.
Claws of Rending: Your Scratch and Shred abilities do 20% more damage. Your Scratch also generates 10 Breath.
Hardened Scales: You gain 5 Breath when you use Anticipate. You gain 10 Breath if you are struck.
Serpent's Venom: Snake Strike's chance to poison is increased.
Precision: Shred's damage is now based on agility and the damage-over-time is increased by 20%.
Experienced Trainer: Dragons that are lower level than you in your party gain an additional 10% experience. Does not stack with other Experienced Trainers. You must remain alive for the additional experience to apply.
Life Magic: Your Revive ability returns an ally with 40% of their health and 50% of their previous Breath.
Keen Eye: You have a chance of negating the effects of an enemy's Ambush.
Imbue Magic: Torment, Siphon, and Contuse abilities do more damage, and are now given elemental properties for calculating damage. This element matches your own.
Abate Weakness: Purge now also grants immunity to negative effects for 2/3 rounds.
Favored: Your Flight-specific abilities now have an increased chance to trigger their additional effect.

Potions
In addition to all of those stones, there's a few more potions in store as well.
Essence of Sacrifice: Somehow, this strange concoction makes it much harder for your dragon to retain their experience while battling. This potion will permanently halt your dragon's EXP gain while in the coliseum.
Essence of Battle: This colorful potion allows your dragon to once again retain their experience while battling. This potion will undo the effects of an Essence of Sacrifice.
Essence of Experience: This murky potion looks and smells bad, but it actually seems to taste really good. And you feel smarter for it, too. This potion gives you x experience.
I made a thread about this a little while ago, work just keeps me from keeping it updated and bumped.

These are things I suggested in it:
Quote:
Augment
(There's currently only two (good ones) of these in the game--this is unacceptable.)
Soldier: +5 Vitality, +2 Defense and +2 Mind
Scrapper: +5 Agility, +3 Quickness and +1 Vitality
Brawler: +5 Agility, +3 Vitality and +1 Defense
Speedster: +5 Quickness, +3 Agility and +1 Strength
Sentinel: +5 Defence, +3 Vitality and +1 Quickness

Ability
(I think we have a decent number of actual abilities, here's the ones I put in to kind of round out some of the other things I added.)
Dexterity: The target's agility is increased.
Sanctuary: The target's defense and mind are increased.
Snake Strike: You strike the target for moderate damage. Damage is based on agility. Has a chance to poison the target.
Revive: You return life to a wounded ally, giving them 25% of their health back after they have fallen.
Siphon: A low neutral damage magic attack that drains some health from the target and returns it to the caster.
Torment: A medium neutral damage magic attack. The target takes damage from terrors (the magic-based dot debuff name) for a short time.
Purge: The target is cleansed of any negative effects.
Atrophy: Does no damage, but applies Atrophy to your target. This enhances the effects of negative abilities done to the target. Increases with INT.
Spellsteal: Steal a positive effect from an enemy. (Works with improved Purge)

Accessory
(This is where a bulk of the changes would come from. The addition of these, even if they were readjusted for balance, would mean that the Coliseum would have to be rebalanced. The Glorious stones, as well, adds a lot of utility to a lot of abilities. Those will be listed further down the post.)
Protector: Allows your Guard ability to always trigger when targeted ally is being attacked.
Potion Pitcher: Allows you to use a potion in addition to your normal turn every three turns. (When used, debuff disallowing use shows up for 3 turns) (Does not work in PvP matches)
Medic: Your Aid and Regeneration abilities do 25% more healing.
Vampiric Fangs: Your Sap ability returns 100% health from damage done.
Claws of Rending: Your Scratch and Shred abilities do 20% more damage. Your Scratch also generates 10 Breath.
Hardened Scales: You gain 5 Breath when you use Anticipate. You gain 10 Breath if you are struck.
Serpent's Venom: Snake Strike's chance to poison is increased.
Precision: Shred's damage is now based on agility and the damage-over-time is increased by 20%.
Experienced Trainer: Dragons that are lower level than you in your party gain an additional 10% experience. Does not stack with other Experienced Trainers. You must remain alive for the additional experience to apply.
Life Magic: Your Revive ability returns an ally with 40% of their health and 50% of their previous Breath.
Keen Eye: You have a chance of negating the effects of an enemy's Ambush.
Imbue Magic: Torment, Siphon, and Contuse abilities do more damage, and are now given elemental properties for calculating damage. This element matches your own.
Abate Weakness: Purge now also grants immunity to negative effects for 2/3 rounds.
Favored: Your Flight-specific abilities now have an increased chance to trigger their additional effect.

Potions
In addition to all of those stones, there's a few more potions in store as well.
Essence of Sacrifice: Somehow, this strange concoction makes it much harder for your dragon to retain their experience while battling. This potion will permanently halt your dragon's EXP gain while in the coliseum.
Essence of Battle: This colorful potion allows your dragon to once again retain their experience while battling. This potion will undo the effects of an Essence of Sacrifice.
Essence of Experience: This murky potion looks and smells bad, but it actually seems to taste really good. And you feel smarter for it, too. This potion gives you x experience.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
1 2