Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lies My Teacher Told Me
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18
@MythGriffin24

Yep, my family put me through a catholic school. Honestly, I'm all for people doing whatever they want. People should be allowed to live their lives however they feel is best!! And thank you for the support, friendmigo. ^ww^
@MythGriffin24

Yep, my family put me through a catholic school. Honestly, I'm all for people doing whatever they want. People should be allowed to live their lives however they feel is best!! And thank you for the support, friendmigo. ^ww^
ezgif-2995456383_zpsjkt64av5.gif They/Them/Their pronouns, please!! fox_smiley_9.gif
tumblr_inline_mk2zslBdqh1qz4rgp.png
@AmaVix:

Catholic schools sound pretty tough. Got any good stories about what yours was like? I'd be curious to hear.
@AmaVix:

Catholic schools sound pretty tough. Got any good stories about what yours was like? I'd be curious to hear.
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
"A wee sup of poitín in the morning never did me any harm!"
Translation: "Moonshine is good for young children!"
"A wee sup of poitín in the morning never did me any harm!"
Translation: "Moonshine is good for young children!"
@MythGriffin24

For me, the only thing good I got out of it was the extra music class that came with joining church choir. Other than that, I didn't enjoy it at all. Mostly because I got bullied. I did get a lot of ISS though, so I got to spend a lot of time with the 3rd graders and they were my army. I also managed to sleep through the entirety of 5th grade and still pass. They also made me stay after school every day for an hour to make sure I got all my work done, but that's partly because I had nowhere to go.

I wasn't exactly a poster child of good behavior. :PP
@MythGriffin24

For me, the only thing good I got out of it was the extra music class that came with joining church choir. Other than that, I didn't enjoy it at all. Mostly because I got bullied. I did get a lot of ISS though, so I got to spend a lot of time with the 3rd graders and they were my army. I also managed to sleep through the entirety of 5th grade and still pass. They also made me stay after school every day for an hour to make sure I got all my work done, but that's partly because I had nowhere to go.

I wasn't exactly a poster child of good behavior. :PP
ezgif-2995456383_zpsjkt64av5.gif They/Them/Their pronouns, please!! fox_smiley_9.gif
tumblr_inline_mk2zslBdqh1qz4rgp.png
"You have no one to blame but yourself"
When I was getting bullied in high school. Like wow teacher
"You have no one to blame but yourself"
When I was getting bullied in high school. Like wow teacher
My child psychology teacher taught us what girls should be playing with and what boys should be playing with had to be the stereotypical gendered items. She taught that "men are supposed to go out and work, while women are supposed to stay home, cook, and take care of the kids."

I hated her. She was really accommodating of my disabilities (classroom was filled with a lot of students in a small room on Wednesdays in particular; I have claustrophobia, so I got to skip those days) but oh my god.

My father is disabled (and is the house parent because of that) and my mother works.

She invalidated many family dynamics and I felt disgusted. Luckily she retired last year but still.
My child psychology teacher taught us what girls should be playing with and what boys should be playing with had to be the stereotypical gendered items. She taught that "men are supposed to go out and work, while women are supposed to stay home, cook, and take care of the kids."

I hated her. She was really accommodating of my disabilities (classroom was filled with a lot of students in a small room on Wednesdays in particular; I have claustrophobia, so I got to skip those days) but oh my god.

My father is disabled (and is the house parent because of that) and my mother works.

She invalidated many family dynamics and I felt disgusted. Luckily she retired last year but still.
VgR98md.pngbeast.giftumblr_inline_njw5je8bTG1qg2i5p.gif
[quote name="MythGriffin24" date=2015-07-07 17:40:47] @AmaVix: Okay, I know humans aren't the only animals who have periods because my mom's childhood dog used to have periods. She told me about it, and since my mom wouldn't lie about her childhood dog having a period, I'm pretty sure that-thankfully-humans aren't the only ones. I mean, periods is how female mammals get the eggs ready, right?[/quote] A dog going into a heat cycle isn't the same thing as a human menstrual cycle (aka 'period') Only most primates, bats and elephant shrews have menstrual cycles. Most other mammals have heat cycles, and there isn't really much blood--if any at all--involved with a heat cycle, as those species reabsorb what we shed during that time of the month (if I understand it correctly). And I know this was your mother's family pet from years ago but for the record, unless you're a registered breeder, you really ought to have your dogs and cats spayed or neutered.
MythGriffin24 wrote on 2015-07-07:
@AmaVix:

Okay, I know humans aren't the only animals who have periods because my mom's childhood dog used to have periods. She told me about it, and since my mom wouldn't lie about her childhood dog having a period, I'm pretty sure that-thankfully-humans aren't the only ones. I mean, periods is how female mammals get the eggs ready, right?

A dog going into a heat cycle isn't the same thing as a human menstrual cycle (aka 'period')

Only most primates, bats and elephant shrews have menstrual cycles. Most other mammals have heat cycles, and there isn't really much blood--if any at all--involved with a heat cycle, as those species reabsorb what we shed during that time of the month (if I understand it correctly).

And I know this was your mother's family pet from years ago but for the record, unless you're a registered breeder, you really ought to have your dogs and cats spayed or neutered.
tumblr_nr6a9p6MLo1qkaedxo1_400.jpg
@Lutharian
My friend was getting bullied and when he told the vice principal about it he said "well, don't go outside then!"
@Lutharian
My friend was getting bullied and when he told the vice principal about it he said "well, don't go outside then!"
@elastic Yeah it's pretty lame! I got in trouble once for sticking up for one of my friends when she was being picked on from a teacher. Like for real :/
@elastic Yeah it's pretty lame! I got in trouble once for sticking up for one of my friends when she was being picked on from a teacher. Like for real :/
You can only control your ADHD with a ****! Bull****, lady. I may be fairly hyperactive, but I know how and when to be serious and focused. I am also now going to a school with other people with ADHD, and as far as I know, almost none of them are taking ***** to "control" it.

If you had told me, I would have told them to stop bullying you! Lady, I did tell you. MULTIPLE TIMES, ALMOST TWICE A WEEK AND YOU DID JACK****.The assistant nurse was pretty much the only person keeping me going in that hell hole of an elementary school.
You can only control your ADHD with a ****! Bull****, lady. I may be fairly hyperactive, but I know how and when to be serious and focused. I am also now going to a school with other people with ADHD, and as far as I know, almost none of them are taking ***** to "control" it.

If you had told me, I would have told them to stop bullying you! Lady, I did tell you. MULTIPLE TIMES, ALMOST TWICE A WEEK AND YOU DID JACK****.The assistant nurse was pretty much the only person keeping me going in that hell hole of an elementary school.
EHmoQIa.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gifXqQeriv.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gifRPahVGv.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18