Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Why is the Internet full of haters?
1 2 3
tbh i don't really get the whole "use proper grammar or you're immature" thing. like, it's not hurting anyone; why do so many people feel like they have to yell at anyone who doesn't type ~*~*~properly~*~*~?? if i want 2 do a typing like this i should be able to without people yelling at me lol

but on a more serious note, i'm really saddened by how many people willingly tell others to kill/hurt themselves on the internet. there's even someone that's taken to sending hateful messages to FR users on tumblr, and it makes me feel really unsafe, even though i know who it is and they haven't sent hate to me personally at all.
tbh i don't really get the whole "use proper grammar or you're immature" thing. like, it's not hurting anyone; why do so many people feel like they have to yell at anyone who doesn't type ~*~*~properly~*~*~?? if i want 2 do a typing like this i should be able to without people yelling at me lol

but on a more serious note, i'm really saddened by how many people willingly tell others to kill/hurt themselves on the internet. there's even someone that's taken to sending hateful messages to FR users on tumblr, and it makes me feel really unsafe, even though i know who it is and they haven't sent hate to me personally at all.
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
@wifiii

I'll admit, there's certain things grammar wise that annoy me. The random caps in a word annoy me for example. But if you're using shorthand, I won't really be annoyed. I can understand wanting to type fast to continue the conversation and/or having disabilities that would contribute.

It's stuff like doN'T TEll me WHaT to DO. That annoys the hell out of me. I'm not expecting perfect grammar, since I know I make mistakes. But that example? Very annoying and condescending.

I'm way more opinionated on this than thought.

If it's a certain blog, I'm aware of it. I'm also aware that blog no longer exists at this time. I was going to report it myself, but when I clicked on the link, the page said something about it no longer existing.
@wifiii

I'll admit, there's certain things grammar wise that annoy me. The random caps in a word annoy me for example. But if you're using shorthand, I won't really be annoyed. I can understand wanting to type fast to continue the conversation and/or having disabilities that would contribute.

It's stuff like doN'T TEll me WHaT to DO. That annoys the hell out of me. I'm not expecting perfect grammar, since I know I make mistakes. But that example? Very annoying and condescending.

I'm way more opinionated on this than thought.

If it's a certain blog, I'm aware of it. I'm also aware that blog no longer exists at this time. I was going to report it myself, but when I clicked on the link, the page said something about it no longer existing.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@kingofeli:

If someone has a disability and has trouble typing, I won't judge them. What I was complaining about are people who DO know proper grammar and don't have any disabilities, but type with bad grammar and random/all caps. If someone, say, types in all lowercase but still has good grammar, I'm OK with that. I don't want everyone to be perfect at grammar; I just want people to make an effort to make their comments understandable and as neat as they can.

@Demonically:

By 'haters', I mean people who post inflammatory or obnoxious comments online. I didn't mean 'people who don't agree with my opinions'-that's a different topic altogether.
@kingofeli:

If someone has a disability and has trouble typing, I won't judge them. What I was complaining about are people who DO know proper grammar and don't have any disabilities, but type with bad grammar and random/all caps. If someone, say, types in all lowercase but still has good grammar, I'm OK with that. I don't want everyone to be perfect at grammar; I just want people to make an effort to make their comments understandable and as neat as they can.

@Demonically:

By 'haters', I mean people who post inflammatory or obnoxious comments online. I didn't mean 'people who don't agree with my opinions'-that's a different topic altogether.
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
Anonymity does powerful things.
Anonymity does powerful things.
lightningshieldl.png ePOliyb.png
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png
oaolHwW.png
1AKTlm5.png
qFgWn8o.png
GFMPnvG.png
lightningshieldr.png
I can totally understand getting upset with people who use bad grammar. I understand that it can be hard for people with disabilities and that's okay, it's just that a lot of misspelled words and bad punctuation can make things hard to read.

I think a lot of the time it's kind of hard for people to realize whether what they're saying is coming of as rude or not and they don't really think about what they're saying because they're not saying to a real person. I'll be honest, there's times were I've gotten uppity or have typed something out to sound not so nice which I do later feel bad for.

Today I was actually pretty shocked by how rude a person was in a discussion we were having about the windclaw scroll in the gem market. The op was upset because they didn't give a warning about releasing the windclaw scroll and how they didn't want to pay gems. So people are conversing about it and I replied to someone who wasn't even the original poster about trading treasure for gems and then we replied to each other a couple times. Then I posted saying that yeah it can be frustrating with the whole gem thing but I could understand why the site owners do it since they need to fund the site. I was completely civil and there was no way any of it could be interpreted as hateful in anyway, it wasn't anything I felt strongly about or anything. So, suddenly for no reason the Op pings me and tells me to "Just go away" that I'm hijacking the thread even though I only posted a total of three times and that, get this, they said that the mass majority was pretty upset about the gems and pretty much just got told to go away because my opinion didn't fit theirs.
It was really bizarre, since I didn't say anything to warrant that kind of a response. Thankfully a mod deleted their post and told them that everyone is allowed to have an opinion and that nothing that was said violated the forum rules. The funny thing though is after the mod posted a few other people came in who had the same opinion.

I also got into a pretty heated debate bordering onto and argument a couple weeks ago but the user ended up messaging me and apologizing. So, we both ended up apologizing to each other and resolved our differences. I was truly surprised by that because I've never had anyone on the internet apologize for the way they acted. My faith was restored after that and I try to better word things now.
I can totally understand getting upset with people who use bad grammar. I understand that it can be hard for people with disabilities and that's okay, it's just that a lot of misspelled words and bad punctuation can make things hard to read.

I think a lot of the time it's kind of hard for people to realize whether what they're saying is coming of as rude or not and they don't really think about what they're saying because they're not saying to a real person. I'll be honest, there's times were I've gotten uppity or have typed something out to sound not so nice which I do later feel bad for.

Today I was actually pretty shocked by how rude a person was in a discussion we were having about the windclaw scroll in the gem market. The op was upset because they didn't give a warning about releasing the windclaw scroll and how they didn't want to pay gems. So people are conversing about it and I replied to someone who wasn't even the original poster about trading treasure for gems and then we replied to each other a couple times. Then I posted saying that yeah it can be frustrating with the whole gem thing but I could understand why the site owners do it since they need to fund the site. I was completely civil and there was no way any of it could be interpreted as hateful in anyway, it wasn't anything I felt strongly about or anything. So, suddenly for no reason the Op pings me and tells me to "Just go away" that I'm hijacking the thread even though I only posted a total of three times and that, get this, they said that the mass majority was pretty upset about the gems and pretty much just got told to go away because my opinion didn't fit theirs.
It was really bizarre, since I didn't say anything to warrant that kind of a response. Thankfully a mod deleted their post and told them that everyone is allowed to have an opinion and that nothing that was said violated the forum rules. The funny thing though is after the mod posted a few other people came in who had the same opinion.

I also got into a pretty heated debate bordering onto and argument a couple weeks ago but the user ended up messaging me and apologizing. So, we both ended up apologizing to each other and resolved our differences. I was truly surprised by that because I've never had anyone on the internet apologize for the way they acted. My faith was restored after that and I try to better word things now.
The internet makes people feel safer, and when people feel safer there's more people with confidence than in RL. Which means people have a need to be heard more than normal. And I'm just guessing, but it seems like being negative always gets the most responses.

I honestly don't understand it. I feel no 'absolute' need to be heard. I'm just bored as hell while I'm on my computer, thus I will respond to things that catch my interest, be it positive or negative. If I get a response, cool. If not? Aww, but oh well. I can move on.

And just because I'm on the topic, I'll give my two cents. I cannot understand why people can no longer see the amazement of the internet. Here we are, on a dragon website, with people from ALL OVER THE WORLD! And what do people do? "well [this] sucks", "I hated [this] because it wasn't to my expectations". Keep that to yourself people. I don't care whether or not you disliked some part of a manga that I've never heard of. I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD! Optimistically!!!

It is amazing that I can sit in my room, and easily talk to someone half way around the world. Stop being rude people, and take the chance to learn something.

Two cents...take it or leave it. .____.
The internet makes people feel safer, and when people feel safer there's more people with confidence than in RL. Which means people have a need to be heard more than normal. And I'm just guessing, but it seems like being negative always gets the most responses.

I honestly don't understand it. I feel no 'absolute' need to be heard. I'm just bored as hell while I'm on my computer, thus I will respond to things that catch my interest, be it positive or negative. If I get a response, cool. If not? Aww, but oh well. I can move on.

And just because I'm on the topic, I'll give my two cents. I cannot understand why people can no longer see the amazement of the internet. Here we are, on a dragon website, with people from ALL OVER THE WORLD! And what do people do? "well [this] sucks", "I hated [this] because it wasn't to my expectations". Keep that to yourself people. I don't care whether or not you disliked some part of a manga that I've never heard of. I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD! Optimistically!!!

It is amazing that I can sit in my room, and easily talk to someone half way around the world. Stop being rude people, and take the chance to learn something.

Two cents...take it or leave it. .____.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I've noticed a lot of hateful speech can be found in Youtube's comment section. One part I actually find annoying is when an argument starts, and it leads to nothing but insults about grammar and spelling. I think, what's the point? I also find it ridiculous how flame wars start over ridiculous things like what kind of OS someone uses, just because in a video there was a laptop that happened to have Windows on it. A lot of it can be easily ignored, but some parts did actually anger me, and I even spoke up about it. I don't like seeing a person get targeted and ganged up on. I saw someone get a lot of hate just for making a harmless joke. Same thing happened to someone who happened to have a pony avatar, even though their comment was unrelated. I think what discourages me is knowing how many people are like this. And it's not just a problem online, you run into people like that in real life too. They might not be as confident but you can tell. But for the most part, I suppose the best action to take is to ignore it completely, because people like that aren't really worth your time.

One thing I can say is not all channels are that bad. Some of them happen to attract a lot of people with a more positive attitude, and the hateful comments are usually a minority. Youtubers like Jacksepticeye have helped by discouraging hate comments, and even blocking them, so people can feel safe talking, and not getting attacked or bullied.
With that said I leave you with a few videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VYhR8q040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd5w2T5Q2O4
I've noticed a lot of hateful speech can be found in Youtube's comment section. One part I actually find annoying is when an argument starts, and it leads to nothing but insults about grammar and spelling. I think, what's the point? I also find it ridiculous how flame wars start over ridiculous things like what kind of OS someone uses, just because in a video there was a laptop that happened to have Windows on it. A lot of it can be easily ignored, but some parts did actually anger me, and I even spoke up about it. I don't like seeing a person get targeted and ganged up on. I saw someone get a lot of hate just for making a harmless joke. Same thing happened to someone who happened to have a pony avatar, even though their comment was unrelated. I think what discourages me is knowing how many people are like this. And it's not just a problem online, you run into people like that in real life too. They might not be as confident but you can tell. But for the most part, I suppose the best action to take is to ignore it completely, because people like that aren't really worth your time.

One thing I can say is not all channels are that bad. Some of them happen to attract a lot of people with a more positive attitude, and the hateful comments are usually a minority. Youtubers like Jacksepticeye have helped by discouraging hate comments, and even blocking them, so people can feel safe talking, and not getting attacked or bullied.
With that said I leave you with a few videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VYhR8q040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd5w2T5Q2O4
君と私でヒューヒューアつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょ
1 2 3