Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | teach someone how to make friends.
1 2
@Zrcalo

Kinda what I was trying to say, though. Should've put quotes around "friendships" for emphasis? :B Implying those friendships I was talking about aren't real.
@Zrcalo

Kinda what I was trying to say, though. Should've put quotes around "friendships" for emphasis? :B Implying those friendships I was talking about aren't real.
offer them crackers and say 'whats crackin'
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
Unless you and the other person really feel a connection with each other you might not really progress much beyond just "friendly acquaintances." That is, no matter how nice you are to someone or even despite all that you have in common, you might just be incompatible on a fundamental level, and that's no one's fault, that's just how it is.
Unless you and the other person really feel a connection with each other you might not really progress much beyond just "friendly acquaintances." That is, no matter how nice you are to someone or even despite all that you have in common, you might just be incompatible on a fundamental level, and that's no one's fault, that's just how it is.
[quote name="wifiiii" date=2015-07-03 17:06:10] offer them crackers and say 'whats crackin' [/quote] [quote name="Vrajna" date=2015-07-03 19:30:53] Unless you and the other person really feel a connection with each other you might not really progress much beyond just "friendly acquaintances." That is, no matter how nice you are to someone or even despite all that you have in common, you might just be incompatible on a fundamental level, and that's no one's fault, that's just how it is. [/quote] Humor, and that piece of understanding can possible gain you a new friend (or just an acquaintance)! Generally, try to get a good impression with whomever first (whether it be dressing up, acting more goofy, working diligently, etc--testing the waters, and trying to appeal to their liking), and then after that...reveal how one actually acts like, and see if they still want to stick around or not. If they don't--they're not the kind of people one wants around anyways. If they do--great! 1+ New friend :') After getting comfortable with friends, sometimes we might forget boundaries, and respect. It's important to keep respect in a relationship at all times, and be aware of each other's limits, no matter how close the two parties are. Friendships end for a lot of reasons, and that's totally normal in our life! C: Sometimes one or the other's personality changes and one or the other can't "connect"/tolerate with the other anymore and goes away--perfectly normal. Disagreement, lack of ____, long distance, school/life, yunno--also normal! :')
wifiiii wrote on 2015-07-03:
Vrajna wrote on 2015-07-03:

Humor, and that piece of understanding can possible gain you a new friend (or just an acquaintance)!

Generally, try to get a good impression with whomever first (whether it be dressing up, acting more goofy, working diligently, etc--testing the waters, and trying to appeal to their liking), and then after that...reveal how one actually acts like, and see if they still want to stick around or not. If they don't--they're not the kind of people one wants around anyways. If they do--great! 1+ New friend :')

After getting comfortable with friends, sometimes we might forget boundaries, and respect. It's important to keep respect in a relationship at all times, and be aware of each other's limits, no matter how close the two parties are.

Friendships end for a lot of reasons, and that's totally normal in our life! C: Sometimes one or the other's personality changes and one or the other can't "connect"/tolerate with the other anymore and goes away--perfectly normal. Disagreement, lack of ____, long distance, school/life, yunno--also normal! :')
Being active on the internet has seemed to get me quite a few friends. Only very few I can consider close friends though. One chat I've been on for over 10 years and while we're all like family, there's no one there I felt really close to. One friend I can vent about my family once in a while, which is nice because I think it's healthy to be able to vent at times. I have another friend I'm welcome to visit, and I've found her to be one of my closer friends. I've been able to talk about nearly everything with her, and she's helped me through a few rough moments. I wish I could make more friends in real life, but the towns I've lived in have been rather limited, and the cultures are very unpleasant.

In my experience there are people to watch out for, or even avoid completely. Anyone who tries to use you, or take advantage of you, or bullies you, or verbally abuses you. Anyone who acts very arrogant. Anyone who blows you off for other friends is probably not the kind of person you'll remain friends with very long. Sometimes it can be hard to see any bad signs at first. And you might think that they can be a nice person, or that they've done nice things for you. But if they manage to make you feel like crap at the end of the day, and every day after, then you might want to confront them or look for a new friend.
Being active on the internet has seemed to get me quite a few friends. Only very few I can consider close friends though. One chat I've been on for over 10 years and while we're all like family, there's no one there I felt really close to. One friend I can vent about my family once in a while, which is nice because I think it's healthy to be able to vent at times. I have another friend I'm welcome to visit, and I've found her to be one of my closer friends. I've been able to talk about nearly everything with her, and she's helped me through a few rough moments. I wish I could make more friends in real life, but the towns I've lived in have been rather limited, and the cultures are very unpleasant.

In my experience there are people to watch out for, or even avoid completely. Anyone who tries to use you, or take advantage of you, or bullies you, or verbally abuses you. Anyone who acts very arrogant. Anyone who blows you off for other friends is probably not the kind of person you'll remain friends with very long. Sometimes it can be hard to see any bad signs at first. And you might think that they can be a nice person, or that they've done nice things for you. But if they manage to make you feel like crap at the end of the day, and every day after, then you might want to confront them or look for a new friend.
君と私でヒューヒューアつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょ
Whoa, I dunno. I don't even know how I met the friends I know now. I met some of them in class during high school, where we were forced to interact with each other, and I guess we liked talking to each other, so here we are, 4-5 years later.

I met other people through them, too, but sometimes you don't exactly click with EVERYBODY like that. And that can potentially create tension/drama.

So... I guess... How I did it, was I met people in places I frequented, and just talked, I suppose.
Whoa, I dunno. I don't even know how I met the friends I know now. I met some of them in class during high school, where we were forced to interact with each other, and I guess we liked talking to each other, so here we are, 4-5 years later.

I met other people through them, too, but sometimes you don't exactly click with EVERYBODY like that. And that can potentially create tension/drama.

So... I guess... How I did it, was I met people in places I frequented, and just talked, I suppose.
9u2r6e.jpg
| tumblr |
1 2