Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Steven Universe Discussion/Theories
1 2
You know, it seems like a million years ago...

Cartoon Network was promoting Steven Universe before the final character designs where decided on, so their ads didn't actually feature any of the characters. What we got instead was an odd CGI sort of thing that didn't make the premise of the show clear at all, and at that point me and my sister weren't impressed, especially not with CN's track record.

I remember actually sitting down to watch the first episode, and my initial reaction was...charmed bewilderment. SU is the type of show that will give you sensory confusion the first time you watch it, especially if you come in with strong ideas about how different series fit into different genres. In it's animation, storytelling, and sense of humor, it incorporates animesque and comic book styles as well as influence from it's modern western animation sister shows. The result is momentarily baffling, but also stunningly cohesive and blends well.

To be frank, what I'm saying is that I wasn't sure what the hell I was watching at first.

But that isn't a bad thing, not when it's something as well done as SU. Besides the fact that it's an all-around high quality series, it's also completely unlike anything I've ever seen before and I'm not sure it's formula can be replicated. And it's come a long way from garnering my intense skepticism in the beginning to being one of my favorite cartoons of all time. The characters are wonderful, the animation and music is gorgeous, the storytelling is compelling, and it even knows how to actually be funny without breaking tone. Can't ask for much more then that in any work of fiction.
You know, it seems like a million years ago...

Cartoon Network was promoting Steven Universe before the final character designs where decided on, so their ads didn't actually feature any of the characters. What we got instead was an odd CGI sort of thing that didn't make the premise of the show clear at all, and at that point me and my sister weren't impressed, especially not with CN's track record.

I remember actually sitting down to watch the first episode, and my initial reaction was...charmed bewilderment. SU is the type of show that will give you sensory confusion the first time you watch it, especially if you come in with strong ideas about how different series fit into different genres. In it's animation, storytelling, and sense of humor, it incorporates animesque and comic book styles as well as influence from it's modern western animation sister shows. The result is momentarily baffling, but also stunningly cohesive and blends well.

To be frank, what I'm saying is that I wasn't sure what the hell I was watching at first.

But that isn't a bad thing, not when it's something as well done as SU. Besides the fact that it's an all-around high quality series, it's also completely unlike anything I've ever seen before and I'm not sure it's formula can be replicated. And it's come a long way from garnering my intense skepticism in the beginning to being one of my favorite cartoons of all time. The characters are wonderful, the animation and music is gorgeous, the storytelling is compelling, and it even knows how to actually be funny without breaking tone. Can't ask for much more then that in any work of fiction.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
STEVEN BOMB IS COMING :D

I'm so hyped!
STEVEN BOMB IS COMING :D

I'm so hyped!
25fu4ux.jpg
When i first watched SU i was extremely confused because it did not follow the cookie cutter sryled shows that are out currently, and i didnt know what to think of it. After a couple episodes i started to become attatched to the characters, and care about their progress. This was highly unusual for me.
When i first watched SU i was extremely confused because it did not follow the cookie cutter sryled shows that are out currently, and i didnt know what to think of it. After a couple episodes i started to become attatched to the characters, and care about their progress. This was highly unusual for me.
WOW I MISSED A LOT BUT THESE STEVEN BOMBS ARE AMAZING!!!!! That song from "Sworn to Sword" Do it for him/her is stuck in my HEAAAAD

THIS WILL BE AMAZING!!!
WOW I MISSED A LOT BUT THESE STEVEN BOMBS ARE AMAZING!!!!! That song from "Sworn to Sword" Do it for him/her is stuck in my HEAAAAD

THIS WILL BE AMAZING!!!
[column]
Don't dream your life, Live your dream~
I think this StevenBomb emotionally scarred me for the rest of my life.
I think this StevenBomb emotionally scarred me for the rest of my life.
@antvii
I won't sleep the same ever again o-o this was really sad and scarring
@antvii
I won't sleep the same ever again o-o this was really sad and scarring
[column]
Don't dream your life, Live your dream~
yaAAAS I LOVED EVERYTHING...

but!!!

...this hurts me to say but im sort of displeased at pearl

she was kind of mean to greg in the newest episode, and she got connie to believe that she wasn't worth anything, and oh my gosh, i want to love you so bad, pearl, but you're breaking my heart. *^*

lynch me i know i'm sorry hngh.
yaAAAS I LOVED EVERYTHING...

but!!!

...this hurts me to say but im sort of displeased at pearl

she was kind of mean to greg in the newest episode, and she got connie to believe that she wasn't worth anything, and oh my gosh, i want to love you so bad, pearl, but you're breaking my heart. *^*

lynch me i know i'm sorry hngh.
1 2