Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fairy Tail 1x1 with Catsassin
@Catsassin Here's the topic!!

Name: Semina Odion (Although she's fine with going with pretty much any nickname. )
Magic ability: Doesn't quite have a set magic. She can 'synchronize' with another wizard and her magic complements and yet is opposite of theirs. Like, if she were to work with Grey, she'd have fire maker-magic. With Juvia, she'd be able to control fire. With Freed, she'd have some version of magic that's opposite of script magic, yet has the same basic principles. Basically, she copies the form of magic from the person she chooses to mimic, and her magic converts it to the opposite element. If that makes any sense. Feel free to ask me to try explaining again... ^-^; She's also really good with hand-to-hand fighting, since she can't always rely on her type of magic, and often uses the two interchangeably in a fight.
Personality: Semina is relatively relaxed and sweet. It takes a lot to make her angry, which is not a state you want to see her in. She doesn't a person that yells and rants and raves when mad. Instead, she gets very quiet and starts enunciating and stressing certain syllables more. But for the most part, she's level-headed and willing to accept almost anyone. While she's a decent fighter, she prefers to talk her way out of things. She loves listening to her friends, whether they need someone to talk to or are just chattering.
Appearance: Semina is average height and build, and has half mouse-brown, half blue hair that's typically up in a bun. The blue is on the right side of her hair and there isn't a distinguishable division between the two colors, since strands of hair from both mingle along her part. Her right eye is brown and her left eye is green. Along the right side of her face are a few rough scars, most likely from fire. (I still need to decide.) She typically wears leggings, a high-low skirt set so the higher end is at her left side, and a shirt with long sleeves that hug her arm until they reach midway down her forearm. From there, they flare out. Her shoes are practical and either sandals or boots, depending on what she’s planning on doing that day.
@Catsassin Here's the topic!!

Name: Semina Odion (Although she's fine with going with pretty much any nickname. )
Magic ability: Doesn't quite have a set magic. She can 'synchronize' with another wizard and her magic complements and yet is opposite of theirs. Like, if she were to work with Grey, she'd have fire maker-magic. With Juvia, she'd be able to control fire. With Freed, she'd have some version of magic that's opposite of script magic, yet has the same basic principles. Basically, she copies the form of magic from the person she chooses to mimic, and her magic converts it to the opposite element. If that makes any sense. Feel free to ask me to try explaining again... ^-^; She's also really good with hand-to-hand fighting, since she can't always rely on her type of magic, and often uses the two interchangeably in a fight.
Personality: Semina is relatively relaxed and sweet. It takes a lot to make her angry, which is not a state you want to see her in. She doesn't a person that yells and rants and raves when mad. Instead, she gets very quiet and starts enunciating and stressing certain syllables more. But for the most part, she's level-headed and willing to accept almost anyone. While she's a decent fighter, she prefers to talk her way out of things. She loves listening to her friends, whether they need someone to talk to or are just chattering.
Appearance: Semina is average height and build, and has half mouse-brown, half blue hair that's typically up in a bun. The blue is on the right side of her hair and there isn't a distinguishable division between the two colors, since strands of hair from both mingle along her part. Her right eye is brown and her left eye is green. Along the right side of her face are a few rough scars, most likely from fire. (I still need to decide.) She typically wears leggings, a high-low skirt set so the higher end is at her left side, and a shirt with long sleeves that hug her arm until they reach midway down her forearm. From there, they flare out. Her shoes are practical and either sandals or boots, depending on what she’s planning on doing that day.
@SoareAndThing

Name: Aquori Solas
Magic Ability: Aquori was raised in an upper-middle class home, and his parents were all about education and skill. He was taught the same basic magic Freed uses at a young age, and due to that he's able to use both solid script (Levy's variant) and his runework that can put restrictions on areas, so long as he's got his EXACT pen. Without it, the muscle memory, and thus the ability to write the magic, is useless.
Thankfully, due to a series of incidents as a boy, he ended up alone and (mostly) defenseless. This directly resulted in his being taken in under the wings the water dragon Physig, with Quarif Noctum as his adoptive brother and fellow disciple of the dragon. As you might have guessed, this means he's learned Water Dragon Slaying. This is his most proficient means of combat. Like Wendy, the condition of water consumed affects WDSs greatly. It should be noted that being a person of more pure intentions, Aquori has more affinity to purified water, and it's one of the best things for him to consume. (Note: if you know what happened to the dragons, just ask and I can explain what's up with Physig)
Personality: He's driven to succeed, but lets the success come to him, as opposed to making it happen, as he knows things like to happen on their own. He goes with the flow, except when that means accepting defeat, especially against Quarif or other people of malicious intent. His affinity to water is obvious when spending leisure time with him, as he enjoys doing things like swimming, water balloon/gun fights, and even dancing in the rain, no matter how hard it pours, when the pollution isn't bad.
Appearance: He's got Caribbean hair that's longer on the left, swept in the same direction and Sky eyes. He wears a Sky vest + coattails, a Splash tank top under that, Storm pants, Navy boots, and a stone pendant on an Aqua ribbon. (Note: using FR names for colors, look at 'em as much as you like)

Name: Quarif Noctum
Magic Ability: Unfortunately, due to a series of incidents as a boy, he ended up alone and (mostly) defenseless. This directly resulted in his being taken in under the wings the water dragon Physig, with Aquori Solas as his adoptive brother and fellow disciple of the dragon, about three years later. As you might have guessed, this means he's learned Water Dragon Slaying. This is his most proficient means of combat. Like Wendy, the condition of water consumed affects WDSs greatly. It should be noted that being a person of more corrupt intentions, Quarif has more affinity to putrid water, and it's (amazingly) one of the best things for him to consume.
Personality: He thirsts for greater power and the ability to take down Aquori, who, three years his minor, exactly, can still put up a fight against him. The other's very existence irks him, as it means his magic isn't unique. With every encounter, he pushes their fights harder. He even goes as far as to have his guild, Winged Serpent, suppress any backup Aquori might have, desiring a fair, one on one combat. His presence can usually be tracked by the pollution of public water sources, in order to provide him more strength and advantage. He even bottles different polluted waters, for emergencies, and keeps some pollutants on hand to make new dirty water.
Appearance: He has a Denim buzz cut and Stonewash eyes. He wears an Azure t-shirt, which is torn in several places, Denim jeans (go figure), also torn, Azure boots, and a stone pendant on an Aqua ribbon (identical to Aquori's) He's also taller and more muscular than Aquori.

Feel free to make members of Winged Serpent. We'll need more named, powerful opposition characters as things progress.
@SoareAndThing

Name: Aquori Solas
Magic Ability: Aquori was raised in an upper-middle class home, and his parents were all about education and skill. He was taught the same basic magic Freed uses at a young age, and due to that he's able to use both solid script (Levy's variant) and his runework that can put restrictions on areas, so long as he's got his EXACT pen. Without it, the muscle memory, and thus the ability to write the magic, is useless.
Thankfully, due to a series of incidents as a boy, he ended up alone and (mostly) defenseless. This directly resulted in his being taken in under the wings the water dragon Physig, with Quarif Noctum as his adoptive brother and fellow disciple of the dragon. As you might have guessed, this means he's learned Water Dragon Slaying. This is his most proficient means of combat. Like Wendy, the condition of water consumed affects WDSs greatly. It should be noted that being a person of more pure intentions, Aquori has more affinity to purified water, and it's one of the best things for him to consume. (Note: if you know what happened to the dragons, just ask and I can explain what's up with Physig)
Personality: He's driven to succeed, but lets the success come to him, as opposed to making it happen, as he knows things like to happen on their own. He goes with the flow, except when that means accepting defeat, especially against Quarif or other people of malicious intent. His affinity to water is obvious when spending leisure time with him, as he enjoys doing things like swimming, water balloon/gun fights, and even dancing in the rain, no matter how hard it pours, when the pollution isn't bad.
Appearance: He's got Caribbean hair that's longer on the left, swept in the same direction and Sky eyes. He wears a Sky vest + coattails, a Splash tank top under that, Storm pants, Navy boots, and a stone pendant on an Aqua ribbon. (Note: using FR names for colors, look at 'em as much as you like)

Name: Quarif Noctum
Magic Ability: Unfortunately, due to a series of incidents as a boy, he ended up alone and (mostly) defenseless. This directly resulted in his being taken in under the wings the water dragon Physig, with Aquori Solas as his adoptive brother and fellow disciple of the dragon, about three years later. As you might have guessed, this means he's learned Water Dragon Slaying. This is his most proficient means of combat. Like Wendy, the condition of water consumed affects WDSs greatly. It should be noted that being a person of more corrupt intentions, Quarif has more affinity to putrid water, and it's (amazingly) one of the best things for him to consume.
Personality: He thirsts for greater power and the ability to take down Aquori, who, three years his minor, exactly, can still put up a fight against him. The other's very existence irks him, as it means his magic isn't unique. With every encounter, he pushes their fights harder. He even goes as far as to have his guild, Winged Serpent, suppress any backup Aquori might have, desiring a fair, one on one combat. His presence can usually be tracked by the pollution of public water sources, in order to provide him more strength and advantage. He even bottles different polluted waters, for emergencies, and keeps some pollutants on hand to make new dirty water.
Appearance: He has a Denim buzz cut and Stonewash eyes. He wears an Azure t-shirt, which is torn in several places, Denim jeans (go figure), also torn, Azure boots, and a stone pendant on an Aqua ribbon (identical to Aquori's) He's also taller and more muscular than Aquori.

Feel free to make members of Winged Serpent. We'll need more named, powerful opposition characters as things progress.
@Catsassin Okay. And, just checking-- is Winged Serpent the disguised dark guild?
@Catsassin Okay. And, just checking-- is Winged Serpent the disguised dark guild?
@SoareAndThing
Winged Serpent's the openly dark one that the secret one hired. We're gonna need to make characters for the other, I'm afraid.
@SoareAndThing
Winged Serpent's the openly dark one that the secret one hired. We're gonna need to make characters for the other, I'm afraid.
@Catsassin Ah okay! I'll be brainstorming on characters, then. :-) I'm willing for us to go ahead and start the rp, if you want. :-)
@Catsassin Ah okay! I'll be brainstorming on characters, then. :-) I'm willing for us to go ahead and start the rp, if you want. :-)
@SoareAndThing
Alrighty. Do you want to start,or should I?
@SoareAndThing
Alrighty. Do you want to start,or should I?
@Catsassin You can start. :-)
@Catsassin You can start. :-)
@SoareAndThing

((Super sorry about the late response. I had a convention this past weekend, the wifi was terrible, and now it's ECA week))
A figure donning a heavy black cloak casually passes a guild, moving down a
little ways, then enters and alley. They pull down their hood, freeing their vibrant blue hair. The man, for that's what he was, as of a few months ago, glances both ways, then begins some sort of ritual. He produces a pen and taps the bricks of one wall in a teardrop shape. Glyphs appear, giving him a report of sorts. He looks at the list that spreads out before him, sighing.
"There aren't any good jobs, here... Maybe I picked the wrong guild for this
week. And it took forever setting up this network, too," he groans, and, seeing as he's gone this far, he picks some job about an up-and-coming dark guild. At least the fighting would be decent, he thinks, and writes a few glyphs in the air. The panel flickers and a paper is produced, identical to the flyer one might find in the guildhall he'd just passed. The network then dissolves, ceasing to be.
He folds the paper and drops his cloak, cracking his knuckles. "Time to get to
work."
@SoareAndThing

((Super sorry about the late response. I had a convention this past weekend, the wifi was terrible, and now it's ECA week))
A figure donning a heavy black cloak casually passes a guild, moving down a
little ways, then enters and alley. They pull down their hood, freeing their vibrant blue hair. The man, for that's what he was, as of a few months ago, glances both ways, then begins some sort of ritual. He produces a pen and taps the bricks of one wall in a teardrop shape. Glyphs appear, giving him a report of sorts. He looks at the list that spreads out before him, sighing.
"There aren't any good jobs, here... Maybe I picked the wrong guild for this
week. And it took forever setting up this network, too," he groans, and, seeing as he's gone this far, he picks some job about an up-and-coming dark guild. At least the fighting would be decent, he thinks, and writes a few glyphs in the air. The panel flickers and a paper is produced, identical to the flyer one might find in the guildhall he'd just passed. The network then dissolves, ceasing to be.
He folds the paper and drops his cloak, cracking his knuckles. "Time to get to
work."
((@Catsassin Ack-- sorry for the extremely late response. >.< Was busy earning up for something, then forgot about this. ^-^; ))

Semina surveyed the request board for a moment before taking down a flyer. It wasn't the ideal job to do solo-- investigating an up-and-coming dark guild wasn't something to take lightly-- but she could still manage. All she'd need to do was ask if she could synchronize with the magic of one of her guildmates that would help her with the job. She had a few people in mind, but she'd wait until she'd gotten the job approved to ask.
Once the request was approved by the guildmaster, Semina did a quick survey of who was at the guild and wouldn't mind her odd question. Although, at this point, she didn't need to worry about it. Almost everyone knew about her magic and, while they'd been a little confused by it at first, they understood what she meant when she asked if she could synchronize with them. Even though 'synchronize' was technically the wrong word. It was a little more like mirroring.
A quick stop at a table later, and Semina left the guild hall with the ability to use fire maker magic. It made her a tad wary, because of the scarring on her face, but she would like the slightly more destructive ability it had, if the dark guild was already up and running.
((@Catsassin Ack-- sorry for the extremely late response. >.< Was busy earning up for something, then forgot about this. ^-^; ))

Semina surveyed the request board for a moment before taking down a flyer. It wasn't the ideal job to do solo-- investigating an up-and-coming dark guild wasn't something to take lightly-- but she could still manage. All she'd need to do was ask if she could synchronize with the magic of one of her guildmates that would help her with the job. She had a few people in mind, but she'd wait until she'd gotten the job approved to ask.
Once the request was approved by the guildmaster, Semina did a quick survey of who was at the guild and wouldn't mind her odd question. Although, at this point, she didn't need to worry about it. Almost everyone knew about her magic and, while they'd been a little confused by it at first, they understood what she meant when she asked if she could synchronize with them. Even though 'synchronize' was technically the wrong word. It was a little more like mirroring.
A quick stop at a table later, and Semina left the guild hall with the ability to use fire maker magic. It made her a tad wary, because of the scarring on her face, but she would like the slightly more destructive ability it had, if the dark guild was already up and running.
((@SoareAndThing Sorry I'm so late! I forgot to get on as regularly as I should have, then one thing led to another, and next thing I know I'm back and my well fed streak is long dead))

The man, being, as he is, an independent wizard, decides to get a nice look at the front of the guild he got the job from, so that he can reassess its value and status. The jobs didn't pay as well as he had hoped, but still. A light guild getting requests about taking on a thriving dark one should be noted. Maybe he'd come back in a year or so and see if their pay is better. Anywhere with work is better than nothing.
As he jogs out of the alley and down past the guild, he sees a girl with bifurcated hair come out. Coming from the left, he mainly sees the more common brown, but the blue is hardly unnoticeable.
Being someone with blue hair, himself, he laughs a bit at the thought, as well as the subsequent one that he may as well be as easy to spot as one can be, with his outfit comprised solely of blue shades. He finds himself wondering what magic she has, as well as why only half of her hair is that way, as he passes.
"Silly Aquori... always with the pointless questions..." he remarks. One quick stop to eat (and perhaps sample the local water), then off he'll go. No sense in dragging this out. Who knows when that guild will send someone to handle it, leaving him short a job?
((@SoareAndThing Sorry I'm so late! I forgot to get on as regularly as I should have, then one thing led to another, and next thing I know I'm back and my well fed streak is long dead))

The man, being, as he is, an independent wizard, decides to get a nice look at the front of the guild he got the job from, so that he can reassess its value and status. The jobs didn't pay as well as he had hoped, but still. A light guild getting requests about taking on a thriving dark one should be noted. Maybe he'd come back in a year or so and see if their pay is better. Anywhere with work is better than nothing.
As he jogs out of the alley and down past the guild, he sees a girl with bifurcated hair come out. Coming from the left, he mainly sees the more common brown, but the blue is hardly unnoticeable.
Being someone with blue hair, himself, he laughs a bit at the thought, as well as the subsequent one that he may as well be as easy to spot as one can be, with his outfit comprised solely of blue shades. He finds himself wondering what magic she has, as well as why only half of her hair is that way, as he passes.
"Silly Aquori... always with the pointless questions..." he remarks. One quick stop to eat (and perhaps sample the local water), then off he'll go. No sense in dragging this out. Who knows when that guild will send someone to handle it, leaving him short a job?