Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If it has a face, it has a name!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
I, Raiyen, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. :3
I, Raiyen, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. :3
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
Hello fellow Dragon Cave player! This one feels like cheating though, it's much tougher to keep up with names when you can shove another 40 buggers into your collection every week and names have to be unique to the entire site.

I, Wobblegong, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. Even if I feel silly saying it in public.
Hello fellow Dragon Cave player! This one feels like cheating though, it's much tougher to keep up with names when you can shove another 40 buggers into your collection every week and names have to be unique to the entire site.

I, Wobblegong, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. Even if I feel silly saying it in public.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
I don't name dragons that I sell or exalt, and this thread is making me incredibly guilty.
SO! I thought I'd explain my reasons. So I'm not misunderstood. :)
My reasons for the naming or not of hatchlings are usually based on the story I've made up for my clan. This clan, House Tenebris, was founded by two unceasingly bickering mirrors, hence its tough standards. When they become young adults, hatchlings are held off of a cliff (not a VERY large one) by only one hand. If they hold on, they are accepted into the clan and given an official name. If they fall but fly up without touching the ground, they are also inducted and named. If they wind up at the bottom, they are left nameless, to be accepted and named by another clan (auction house) or to go and serve the Shadowbinder, and given a secret holy Shadow name that none but the Binder herself shall know. Many choose the exaltation for the great honor of serving under a physical god.
Whichever way it goes, it's usually an improvement over their temorary hatchling nicknames, which are usually something like, "Illumination! Hollow, it's hungry AGAIN. WHEN WILL IT STOP STUFFING ITS FAT FACE wait what what is this oh, LUMINANCE! HELP HOLLOW HELP IT'S LATCHED ON TO MY EAR GETITOFFAME" , etc.

And mirror babies are loud. In my own personal headcanon, they don't make cute little squeaks, chirps, and growls like other species, the squawk and squall.

An onomanapoeia (there is no way I spelled that right) for said squalling:

AWWWRRAUGGHHHRKKKKIIIIIHHAKKKKKKRRRrrrrAKKKKKHHHHGG

And they do that ALL THE TIME. For EVERY EMOTION.

But, that said, I would never keep a hatchling nameless past young adulthood. Because if it has a face, and has been accepted into the clan and has stopped making those awful noises, IT'S GONNA GET A NAME.
I don't name dragons that I sell or exalt, and this thread is making me incredibly guilty.
SO! I thought I'd explain my reasons. So I'm not misunderstood. :)
My reasons for the naming or not of hatchlings are usually based on the story I've made up for my clan. This clan, House Tenebris, was founded by two unceasingly bickering mirrors, hence its tough standards. When they become young adults, hatchlings are held off of a cliff (not a VERY large one) by only one hand. If they hold on, they are accepted into the clan and given an official name. If they fall but fly up without touching the ground, they are also inducted and named. If they wind up at the bottom, they are left nameless, to be accepted and named by another clan (auction house) or to go and serve the Shadowbinder, and given a secret holy Shadow name that none but the Binder herself shall know. Many choose the exaltation for the great honor of serving under a physical god.
Whichever way it goes, it's usually an improvement over their temorary hatchling nicknames, which are usually something like, "Illumination! Hollow, it's hungry AGAIN. WHEN WILL IT STOP STUFFING ITS FAT FACE wait what what is this oh, LUMINANCE! HELP HOLLOW HELP IT'S LATCHED ON TO MY EAR GETITOFFAME" , etc.

And mirror babies are loud. In my own personal headcanon, they don't make cute little squeaks, chirps, and growls like other species, the squawk and squall.

An onomanapoeia (there is no way I spelled that right) for said squalling:

AWWWRRAUGGHHHRKKKKIIIIIHHAKKKKKKRRRrrrrAKKKKKHHHHGG

And they do that ALL THE TIME. For EVERY EMOTION.

But, that said, I would never keep a hatchling nameless past young adulthood. Because if it has a face, and has been accepted into the clan and has stopped making those awful noises, IT'S GONNA GET A NAME.
Looking for a Male Forest/Sand/? Mirror, preferably 1st Gen with ice eyes!
Levin-Incarnate---Glamour-Signature---Created-by-Serinde_zps204eda15.png

tmXWTab.png
@calvinrules6 - perhaps a compromise could be something like... coming up with a name that in your clan's language means 'unnamed'? So all the exalts get that name, so at least it isn't just the 'Unnamed' in the genealogy?
@calvinrules6 - perhaps a compromise could be something like... coming up with a name that in your clan's language means 'unnamed'? So all the exalts get that name, so at least it isn't just the 'Unnamed' in the genealogy?
MuwAAse.png
I, generalflame, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

I don't usually name dragons that I plan to auction if I think their new owners will want to name them, but I DO name all of those I exalt myself and those most likely to be exalted once purchased. Our hatchies deserve names!
I, generalflame, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

I don't usually name dragons that I plan to auction if I think their new owners will want to name them, but I DO name all of those I exalt myself and those most likely to be exalted once purchased. Our hatchies deserve names!
@Latias
I, Toothless, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. :D
@Latias
I, Toothless, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name. :D
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
I, WinterWombat, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

I won't deprive new owners of the privalege of naming any dragons I sell or trade them, but if it's staying in my lair or going up to the Stormcatcher's great big HR department in the sky, I'll name it.
I, WinterWombat, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

I won't deprive new owners of the privalege of naming any dragons I sell or trade them, but if it's staying in my lair or going up to the Stormcatcher's great big HR department in the sky, I'll name it.
I, Chat, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.
I, Chat, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
Oaths have been updated! Thank you all so much!
Oaths have been updated! Thank you all so much!
I06KedT.gif
I, silvari, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

@Latias

The only reason why I would leave a hatchling unnamed in my lair is because I'm either planning to sell or trade it. Otherwise, I usually name all hatchlings within 2 or 3 days.
I, silvari, agree that if it has a face, it deserves a name.

@Latias

The only reason why I would leave a hatchling unnamed in my lair is because I'm either planning to sell or trade it. Otherwise, I usually name all hatchlings within 2 or 3 days.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12