Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gone Too Far (w/GiftOfArtemis)
1 2
@GiftOfArtemis [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13045639] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/130457/13045639_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13132344] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131324/13132344_350.png[/img] [/url] The Steppes seemed even windier than normal as Aelin flew solemnly behind her mentor, Typracai. What he called a breeze felt like stinging daggers to every inch of her exposed skin, and she quickly grew tired of it. She felt as if she was not cut out for living on the Windswept Plateau, let alone becoming one of its Clan rulers. Only Typracai knew of these insecurities, though, because only Typracai saw her for who she was - a flawed, pampered, scared teenager - and not simply a weapon, or a future iron fist, one to be feared and revered and worshiped and spat at. "Why are we out here?" she moaned. "I had politics lessons with Balance and magic with Joineccie and I was going to play with Lyndelia and help Skuah at the-" "You're too sheltered," said Typracai simply. He was rarely ever this blunt, but with the recent attack on the Clan, he felt more protective of Aelin than ever - even though that resulted in bringing her out to strange, uninhabited parts of her homeland. "You can learn politics and magic and babysitting and healing all you wish, but if we get attacked again like we did last month, you'll be almost useless if you've never faced conflict in your life. And where would we be without you?" [i]Better off,[/i] she mused silently.
@GiftOfArtemis

13045639_350.png

13132344_350.png

The Steppes seemed even windier than normal as Aelin flew solemnly behind her mentor, Typracai. What he called a breeze felt like stinging daggers to every inch of her exposed skin, and she quickly grew tired of it. She felt as if she was not cut out for living on the Windswept Plateau, let alone becoming one of its Clan rulers. Only Typracai knew of these insecurities, though, because only Typracai saw her for who she was - a flawed, pampered, scared teenager - and not simply a weapon, or a future iron fist, one to be feared and revered and worshiped and spat at.

"Why are we out here?" she moaned. "I had politics lessons with Balance and magic with Joineccie and I was going to play with Lyndelia and help Skuah at the-"

"You're too sheltered," said Typracai simply. He was rarely ever this blunt, but with the recent attack on the Clan, he felt more protective of Aelin than ever - even though that resulted in bringing her out to strange, uninhabited parts of her homeland. "You can learn politics and magic and babysitting and healing all you wish, but if we get attacked again like we did last month, you'll be almost useless if you've never faced conflict in your life. And where would we be without you?"

Better off, she mused silently.
spi | no pronouns | overly excited breezybutt | +2 FR timeJw5CaxR.png

tumblr_nha8ijLf1q1r59mfbo1_500.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10419044] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/104191/10419044_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6386688] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63867/6386688_350.png[/img] [/url] Arniaimatos, or Arni, as most called her, was a large red guardian with no shortage of angst. She had been angrily stomping further and further from her clan with every hour, no sign of turning back. And nestled on her shoulders was a blue and gold ball of sunshine. He tossed and turned, but mostly settled on laying stomach up. He fidgeted again and Arni gave another cry of frustration. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" She asked. "Μου αρ?σει περιπ?τεια και να σας προσφ?ρουν προστασ?α." Iliosti responded, his language lost on her, but his melodic voice was oddly pleasing. It only made her more angry. "I don't speak weirdo, Iliosti. Try drakonic, we could have a much better conversation." She said, bitterly, rolling her eyes. "Επ?σης, νομ?ζω ?τι θα πρ?πει να ?χετε ?να κομμ?τι της εταιρε?ας." Iliosti replied, rolling around some more to get a good look at the sky. As on edge as she was, Arni had to admit, walking alongside the sea of a thousand currents was relaxing. Her claws dug into the soft sand, and a breeze cooled her scales. Yes, she quite liked her walk. If only she was alone with her thoughts. She noticed the breeze picking up. Refreshing as it was at first, it was slowly growing a bit more rough. It appeared she was making her way all the way over to the wind flight. @spirant

10419044_350.png

6386688_350.png

Arniaimatos, or Arni, as most called her, was a large red guardian with no shortage of angst. She had been angrily stomping further and further from her clan with every hour, no sign of turning back.

And nestled on her shoulders was a blue and gold ball of sunshine. He tossed and turned, but mostly settled on laying stomach up.

He fidgeted again and Arni gave another cry of frustration. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" She asked.

"Μου αρ?σει περιπ?τεια και να σας προσφ?ρουν προστασ?α." Iliosti responded, his language lost on her, but his melodic voice was oddly pleasing. It only made her more angry.

"I don't speak weirdo, Iliosti. Try drakonic, we could have a much better conversation." She said, bitterly, rolling her eyes.

"Επ?σης, νομ?ζω ?τι θα πρ?πει να ?χετε ?να κομμ?τι της εταιρε?ας." Iliosti replied, rolling around some more to get a good look at the sky.

As on edge as she was, Arni had to admit, walking alongside the sea of a thousand currents was relaxing. Her claws dug into the soft sand, and a breeze cooled her scales. Yes, she quite liked her walk. If only she was alone with her thoughts.

She noticed the breeze picking up. Refreshing as it was at first, it was slowly growing a bit more rough. It appeared she was making her way all the way over to the wind flight.

@spirant
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
Iliosti is speaking coatl language, which I've always imagined to sound a bit like puppycat
http://youtu.be/uSb-WJo9VAA
He does know a bit of Drakonic though, so don't worry.
Iliosti is speaking coatl language, which I've always imagined to sound a bit like puppycat
http://youtu.be/uSb-WJo9VAA
He does know a bit of Drakonic though, so don't worry.
@GiftOfArtemis

"Aelin. Quickly, Aelin, look."

Typracai's voice was hushed in the same way as when he'd spill gossip about the elders who were speaking in council, or when he'd be speaking to those elders about Aelin. It was a tone of voice Aelin positively hated - Typracai was so secretive and introverted. She believed if you had something bad to say... you should just say it.

But this time, it was for a different reason. Before them, far towards the horizon, was a pair of dragons; one small one only identifiable as a separate dragon due to its bright coloring, and a larger, deeply colored dragon. They were too far to tell their breeds, but it was clear how polar their coloring and sizes were - maybe the little one was a hatchling?

"Are they from one of the Wind Clans?" said Aelin timidly. "Why would they be traveling alone?"

"They would be wondering the same about us," answered Typracai, lost in thought about the pair. "Let's hope they're friendly."

"I thought you wanted me to face some 'conflict'," Aelin muttered. Typracai shot her a look, and she turned away. "Well, let's go find out, then!"

Before Typracai could finish his yell to stop her, Aelin had leapt into the air and was speeding excitedly towards the strangers.
@GiftOfArtemis

"Aelin. Quickly, Aelin, look."

Typracai's voice was hushed in the same way as when he'd spill gossip about the elders who were speaking in council, or when he'd be speaking to those elders about Aelin. It was a tone of voice Aelin positively hated - Typracai was so secretive and introverted. She believed if you had something bad to say... you should just say it.

But this time, it was for a different reason. Before them, far towards the horizon, was a pair of dragons; one small one only identifiable as a separate dragon due to its bright coloring, and a larger, deeply colored dragon. They were too far to tell their breeds, but it was clear how polar their coloring and sizes were - maybe the little one was a hatchling?

"Are they from one of the Wind Clans?" said Aelin timidly. "Why would they be traveling alone?"

"They would be wondering the same about us," answered Typracai, lost in thought about the pair. "Let's hope they're friendly."

"I thought you wanted me to face some 'conflict'," Aelin muttered. Typracai shot her a look, and she turned away. "Well, let's go find out, then!"

Before Typracai could finish his yell to stop her, Aelin had leapt into the air and was speeding excitedly towards the strangers.

@spirant also, ((I can provide some OOC to explain Illiosti's speech, and you can chose whether or not Typracai can understand him. Here he simply yelled 'watch out'))

Iliosti was enjoying the ride, relaxing back across the larger drake and soaking in the sunlight. Illiosti loved the sun. It was his name sake after all. Suddenly, though, he say up, his feathers prickling up and his head turning in all directions.

"???????!" Iliosti shouted, leaping onto Arni's head and pushing down.

"What on earth is your problem?!" Arni's shouted. The Coatl's outburst was interrupting her peaceful daydreaming as she watched the waves.

However, the coatl was correct in shouting a warning. Something in the distance was speeding towards her at high speeds, it's flight pattern the irregular gait of a spiral. "Hmmph. Well, weirdo, looks like we have visitors." She said to the ball of feathers clinging to her neck.

Arni's spread her legs then unfurled her wings, a stance she took to make her already massive form seem even bigger. She extended her neck but lowered her head.
@spirant also, ((I can provide some OOC to explain Illiosti's speech, and you can chose whether or not Typracai can understand him. Here he simply yelled 'watch out'))

Iliosti was enjoying the ride, relaxing back across the larger drake and soaking in the sunlight. Illiosti loved the sun. It was his name sake after all. Suddenly, though, he say up, his feathers prickling up and his head turning in all directions.

"???????!" Iliosti shouted, leaping onto Arni's head and pushing down.

"What on earth is your problem?!" Arni's shouted. The Coatl's outburst was interrupting her peaceful daydreaming as she watched the waves.

However, the coatl was correct in shouting a warning. Something in the distance was speeding towards her at high speeds, it's flight pattern the irregular gait of a spiral. "Hmmph. Well, weirdo, looks like we have visitors." She said to the ball of feathers clinging to her neck.

Arni's spread her legs then unfurled her wings, a stance she took to make her already massive form seem even bigger. She extended her neck but lowered her head.
@GiftOfArtemis ((That's fine - I'm going to have Typracai not understand him because he's been raised such a sheltered little Coatl xD ))

"Aelin, stop!" Typracai was not a fast dragon. He knew this, and Aelin knew this. But he still tried to catch up with the speeding youth, suddenly very aware of his soft, fatty flesh and how much he'd let himself go in these (prior) times of peace.

Aelin dropped down in front of the pair, a wild grin on her face, and jumped up a little bit. "Hi! Are you nomads? Are you hungry? I'm Aelin, and that's Typracai. We're from Clan Namesake! Are you alright?"

Typracai landed behind her, breathing heavily, and glanced up at the strangers. A young, dopey-looking Coatl and an intimidating, defensive Guardian. It didn't take long to realize that, if Aelin wasn't careful, they were in trouble - even if it was only to protect that little one.

Typracai could understand that.
@GiftOfArtemis ((That's fine - I'm going to have Typracai not understand him because he's been raised such a sheltered little Coatl xD ))

"Aelin, stop!" Typracai was not a fast dragon. He knew this, and Aelin knew this. But he still tried to catch up with the speeding youth, suddenly very aware of his soft, fatty flesh and how much he'd let himself go in these (prior) times of peace.

Aelin dropped down in front of the pair, a wild grin on her face, and jumped up a little bit. "Hi! Are you nomads? Are you hungry? I'm Aelin, and that's Typracai. We're from Clan Namesake! Are you alright?"

Typracai landed behind her, breathing heavily, and glanced up at the strangers. A young, dopey-looking Coatl and an intimidating, defensive Guardian. It didn't take long to realize that, if Aelin wasn't careful, they were in trouble - even if it was only to protect that little one.

Typracai could understand that.

Arni eased. Neither dragon was much if a threat. One had the attitude of a naive teen, and the other... Well he hadn't quite caught up yet. She folded her wings back up, and Iliosti creeped forward to peer from her shoulder, like the odd combination of a cat and a parrot. He cocked his head at the strangers.

Arni tried to keep up as questions were thrown at her. "More or less- no thank y- this is- We're fine." She stopped for breath, and a coatl landed behind her, panting from apparently chasing her down. "I'm Arniaimatos. This is Illiosti." She nudged her head towards her passenger, but Illiosti was boredly preening his feathers, no longer paying attention.

"We're just... Wandering." She said with a shrug.

@spirant
Arni eased. Neither dragon was much if a threat. One had the attitude of a naive teen, and the other... Well he hadn't quite caught up yet. She folded her wings back up, and Iliosti creeped forward to peer from her shoulder, like the odd combination of a cat and a parrot. He cocked his head at the strangers.

Arni tried to keep up as questions were thrown at her. "More or less- no thank y- this is- We're fine." She stopped for breath, and a coatl landed behind her, panting from apparently chasing her down. "I'm Arniaimatos. This is Illiosti." She nudged her head towards her passenger, but Illiosti was boredly preening his feathers, no longer paying attention.

"We're just... Wandering." She said with a shrug.

@spirant
@GiftOfArtemis ((hey, I'm really sorry about that! The weekends are really hectic for me because I have a crazy, all-consuming job.))

"Ar-Arnia-Arni-Arniama.... hi!" said Aelin, cheerfully covering up her ignorance with a grin. "What's wrong with him?"

Typracai elbowed Aelin and glared at her. "Nothing's wrong with him. He probably comes straight from the hearth, and probably doesn't know Drakonic at all."

"Why don't you speak Coatl, then?" Aelin snapped. "Oh, that's right. You were an implant. Such an awkward little child that your parents didn't even want you and left you alone here. Maybe it's the same with Illiosti, maybe Ar-Arni-Arniamaaaaaa is his adoptive parent. Is that the case?"

"Aelin!"

She couldn't help herself, Typracai knew. But this was no way to go greeting strangers.
@GiftOfArtemis ((hey, I'm really sorry about that! The weekends are really hectic for me because I have a crazy, all-consuming job.))

"Ar-Arnia-Arni-Arniama.... hi!" said Aelin, cheerfully covering up her ignorance with a grin. "What's wrong with him?"

Typracai elbowed Aelin and glared at her. "Nothing's wrong with him. He probably comes straight from the hearth, and probably doesn't know Drakonic at all."

"Why don't you speak Coatl, then?" Aelin snapped. "Oh, that's right. You were an implant. Such an awkward little child that your parents didn't even want you and left you alone here. Maybe it's the same with Illiosti, maybe Ar-Arni-Arniamaaaaaa is his adoptive parent. Is that the case?"

"Aelin!"

She couldn't help herself, Typracai knew. But this was no way to go greeting strangers.

"I'm not his adoptive anything. Well, maybe his adopted mule." She rolled her eyes. She was bit blunt, a bit rude, but that's just how Arni was. She tried to soften her previous harshness with "you can just call me Arni, by the way."

Illiosti was showing interest now, fidgeting on the large guardians back until she positioned her wing so he could slide down. He approached Aelin, eyeing her with a funny expression. He scuttled around her on all fours like a newt, checking her out from every angle. He offered a few passing curiously glances at her mentor, but he passed over the other coatl with disinterest.

"αυτ? δεν βγο?με πολ?." He cocked his head at Alein while he sat up on his hind legs. "Αναρωτι?μαι αν του αρ?σει να ?χει τη διασκ?δαση"

"Illiosti, speak a language we can understand." Arni muttered, frustrated.

"F-fun?" Illiosti asked Aelin, his tail wagging.

@Spirant

"I'm not his adoptive anything. Well, maybe his adopted mule." She rolled her eyes. She was bit blunt, a bit rude, but that's just how Arni was. She tried to soften her previous harshness with "you can just call me Arni, by the way."

Illiosti was showing interest now, fidgeting on the large guardians back until she positioned her wing so he could slide down. He approached Aelin, eyeing her with a funny expression. He scuttled around her on all fours like a newt, checking her out from every angle. He offered a few passing curiously glances at her mentor, but he passed over the other coatl with disinterest.

"αυτ? δεν βγο?με πολ?." He cocked his head at Alein while he sat up on his hind legs. "Αναρωτι?μαι αν του αρ?σει να ?χει τη διασκ?δαση"

"Illiosti, speak a language we can understand." Arni muttered, frustrated.

"F-fun?" Illiosti asked Aelin, his tail wagging.

@Spirant

@GiftOfArtemis

"Fun? What about fun? I can do fun. I'm very fun," said Aelin.

"Aelin, c'mon. Be mature. You're going to rule our Clan one day, start acting like it," said Typracai, more than a little stung that the Coatl had no interest whatsoever in him.

"Acting like Iallin or Achilles?" Aelin snapped. "They both suck. I can be better! I'll be more... what's the word, Illiosti? Fun!" With that, she leapt into the air and began twirling around Illiosti, leaving a stream of waving colors in her path. She quickly stopped, panting, and beaming at the strange Coatl. "Was that the kind of fun you were looking for?"

"Aelin. Act like an aristocrat, or a politician if you must, for you are both."
@GiftOfArtemis

"Fun? What about fun? I can do fun. I'm very fun," said Aelin.

"Aelin, c'mon. Be mature. You're going to rule our Clan one day, start acting like it," said Typracai, more than a little stung that the Coatl had no interest whatsoever in him.

"Acting like Iallin or Achilles?" Aelin snapped. "They both suck. I can be better! I'll be more... what's the word, Illiosti? Fun!" With that, she leapt into the air and began twirling around Illiosti, leaving a stream of waving colors in her path. She quickly stopped, panting, and beaming at the strange Coatl. "Was that the kind of fun you were looking for?"

"Aelin. Act like an aristocrat, or a politician if you must, for you are both."

1 2