Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Metal Flight?
1 2
So far we have the four Western: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth.

As well as four of the five Chinese elements: Wood (Nature), Fire, Earth and Water.

So that leaves just one element left over: the Chinese element of Metal.

I've seen a few threads about Time, Spirit and Void - I feel like these are a little too powerful an element, even for the Deities. Plus, the Arcanist kind of rules over Time and Spirit, while the Shadowbinder kind of rules over Void, while Metal is just left out of it all together. The closest we have is Earth, and stone and metal are as different as water and ice.

So I say we have a Metal Flight!
So far we have the four Western: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth.

As well as four of the five Chinese elements: Wood (Nature), Fire, Earth and Water.

So that leaves just one element left over: the Chinese element of Metal.

I've seen a few threads about Time, Spirit and Void - I feel like these are a little too powerful an element, even for the Deities. Plus, the Arcanist kind of rules over Time and Spirit, while the Shadowbinder kind of rules over Void, while Metal is just left out of it all together. The closest we have is Earth, and stone and metal are as different as water and ice.

So I say we have a Metal Flight!
If we ever get more lair expansions, I have this breeding project that would need chinese elemental eyes. So far I have no idea what to do with Metal...
If we ever get more lair expansions, I have this breeding project that would need chinese elemental eyes. So far I have no idea what to do with Metal...
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@Raaxon

No support for new flights

We had a lot of different flight suggestions. All of them have the same problematic.
  • No 'empty' month for a festival
  • rewriting all of the existing lore
  • finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors
  • redrawing the World map
  • issues with flight changes for existing users
  • issure with progens of existing users
  • lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now

Alone the none existing festival month and the issue with how to treat existing players and their progens is a huge no go.

Also metal flight is actually incorporated in fireflight lore. They are the metal workers here.
@Raaxon

We had a lot of different flight suggestions. All of them have the same problematic.
  • No 'empty' month for a festival
  • rewriting all of the existing lore
  • finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors
  • redrawing the World map
  • issues with flight changes for existing users
  • issure with progens of existing users
  • lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now

Alone the none existing festival month and the issue with how to treat existing players and their progens is a huge no go.

Also metal flight is actually incorporated in fireflight lore. They are the metal workers here.
Whoops, somehow I thought that was just a discussion thread. No support for new flights, yes.

(Fire still doesn't work as metal though.)
Whoops, somehow I thought that was just a discussion thread. No support for new flights, yes.

(Fire still doesn't work as metal though.)
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Eh no support for new flights. Nice idea though! I just think adding any flights at this point would mess things up lore wise in particular.
Eh no support for new flights. Nice idea though! I just think adding any flights at this point would mess things up lore wise in particular.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2015-05-23 04:04:15] @Raaxon No support for new flights We had a lot of different flight suggestions. All of them have the same problematic. No 'empty' month for a festival rewriting all of the existing lore finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors redrawing the World map issues with flight changes for existing users issure with progens of existing users lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now Alone the none existing festival month and the issue with how to treat existing players and their progens is a huge no go. Also metal flight is actually incorporated in fireflight lore. They are the metal workers here. [/quote] No support for these reasons. My biggest issue with a metal flight is you're taking away a big part of fire flight's identity. They are the metal workers. And anything not to do with working the materials and minerals and metals would probably fall under earth.
Ismaiel wrote on 2015-05-23:
@Raaxon

No 'empty' month for a festival
rewriting all of the existing lore
finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors
redrawing the World map
issues with flight changes for existing users
issure with progens of existing users
lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now

No support for these reasons. My biggest issue with a metal flight is you're taking away a big part of fire flight's identity. They are the metal workers. And anything not to do with working the materials and minerals and metals would probably fall under earth.
Mixed feelings.

12 flights seems more balanced and complete and with the current eleven flights there is room for one more in the calendar. December has no associated elements but the last week of December has real world issues for many all its own.

As has been said it would require adjustment of the world map as well. Stormlight Workshop would also have to consider the balance of power with the other flights, background story and all that implies. The entire damage bonus and penalty system would have to be adjusted as well.

Of the possible options Metal doesn't seem like the best choice for a new flight.

As for map fixes, easiest options is another island, The Viridian Labyrinth and The Southern Icefield ar on speperate islands from the rest of the continent. Second easiest is above or below the current map, underground possibly being the easier than above ground but earth can't move there because of The Pillar of the World. Least easiest is move the water realm to surround the entire continent rather than be The Sea of a Thousand Currents in the middle of it.
Mixed feelings.

12 flights seems more balanced and complete and with the current eleven flights there is room for one more in the calendar. December has no associated elements but the last week of December has real world issues for many all its own.

As has been said it would require adjustment of the world map as well. Stormlight Workshop would also have to consider the balance of power with the other flights, background story and all that implies. The entire damage bonus and penalty system would have to be adjusted as well.

Of the possible options Metal doesn't seem like the best choice for a new flight.

As for map fixes, easiest options is another island, The Viridian Labyrinth and The Southern Icefield ar on speperate islands from the rest of the continent. Second easiest is above or below the current map, underground possibly being the easier than above ground but earth can't move there because of The Pillar of the World. Least easiest is move the water realm to surround the entire continent rather than be The Sea of a Thousand Currents in the middle of it.
[quote name="wittykitsune" date=2015-05-23 07:52:55] [quote name="Ismaiel" date=2015-05-23 04:04:15] @Raaxon No support for new flights We had a lot of different flight suggestions. All of them have the same problematic. No 'empty' month for a festival rewriting all of the existing lore finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors redrawing the World map issues with flight changes for existing users issure with progens of existing users lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now Alone the none existing festival month and the issue with how to treat existing players and their progens is a huge no go. Also metal flight is actually incorporated in fireflight lore. They are the metal workers here. [/quote] No support for these reasons. My biggest issue with a metal flight is you're taking away a big part of fire flight's identity. They are the metal workers. And anything not to do with working the materials and minerals and metals would probably fall under earth. [/quote] This. Metal is already covered by fire (metal workers) and earth (raw metals) December doesn't have a flight festival but it has the Night of Nocturne
wittykitsune wrote on 2015-05-23:
Ismaiel wrote on 2015-05-23:
@Raaxon

No 'empty' month for a festival
rewriting all of the existing lore
finding eyecolors for the flight that are not too close to allready existing colors
redrawing the World map
issues with flight changes for existing users
issure with progens of existing users
lots of other (minor) issues I won't name now

No support for these reasons. My biggest issue with a metal flight is you're taking away a big part of fire flight's identity. They are the metal workers. And anything not to do with working the materials and minerals and metals would probably fall under earth.

This. Metal is already covered by fire (metal workers) and earth (raw metals)

December doesn't have a flight festival but it has the Night of Nocturne
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-05-23 08:23:55] December doesn't have a flight festival but it has the Night of Nocturne [/quote] Which gives the Shadow flight two holidays in a sense since natural Nocturnes "...originate from deep within the Tangled Wood."
DragonSage wrote on 2015-05-23:

Which gives the Shadow flight two holidays in a sense since natural Nocturnes "...originate from deep within the Tangled Wood."
[quote name="AndrouMcEth" date=2015-05-23 08:54:24] [quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-05-23 08:23:55] December doesn't have a flight festival but it has the Night of Nocturne [/quote] Which gives the Shadow flight two holidays in a sense since natural Nocturnes "...originate from deep within the Tangled Wood." [/quote] Night of the Nocturne is a general all-flight celebration, actually. The Nocturnes themselves hail from Shadow, because Shadow was long overdue for their dragon, but the familiar and, potentially, apparel drops come from the festivals of every flight. There's also no guarantee that the Nocturne will remain the only dragon of the festival, or if the staff will add more. So, it's not a second holiday for Shadow and I'm not game for removing it so that we can have yet another flight festival.
AndrouMcEth wrote on 2015-05-23:
DragonSage wrote on 2015-05-23:

Which gives the Shadow flight two holidays in a sense since natural Nocturnes "...originate from deep within the Tangled Wood."

Night of the Nocturne is a general all-flight celebration, actually. The Nocturnes themselves hail from Shadow, because Shadow was long overdue for their dragon, but the familiar and, potentially, apparel drops come from the festivals of every flight. There's also no guarantee that the Nocturne will remain the only dragon of the festival, or if the staff will add more.

So, it's not a second holiday for Shadow and I'm not game for removing it so that we can have yet another flight festival.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
1 2