Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Feed specific dragons
1 2
I would just like to specify which dragons my food is going to. It's a bit frustrating when my limited plant matter gets gobbled by exalt hatchlings instead of the tundras I meant to feed. Or when those pearlcatcher hatchlings get first dibs on the bugs over my skydancers. Order of hatching only goes so far on who eats first.
I would just like to specify which dragons my food is going to. It's a bit frustrating when my limited plant matter gets gobbled by exalt hatchlings instead of the tundras I meant to feed. Or when those pearlcatcher hatchlings get first dibs on the bugs over my skydancers. Order of hatching only goes so far on who eats first.
Support.
Support.
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
I agree and support this. It may not seem like a huge thing to some, but seriously when you click arrange it moves into another state where you can move them around, so why not have check boxes appear next to all the dergs when you click feed, then you can specify who you are throwing the nom noms at and who gets to wait their turn maybe even allow us to specify how much we feed them in one instance.

Imagine having limited food, and getting a starving dragon. Feeding it will result in it eating nearly all the limited food... let us spread the love equally, or NOT so equally between our dragons.
I agree and support this. It may not seem like a huge thing to some, but seriously when you click arrange it moves into another state where you can move them around, so why not have check boxes appear next to all the dergs when you click feed, then you can specify who you are throwing the nom noms at and who gets to wait their turn maybe even allow us to specify how much we feed them in one instance.

Imagine having limited food, and getting a starving dragon. Feeding it will result in it eating nearly all the limited food... let us spread the love equally, or NOT so equally between our dragons.
No support for individually feeding them. Allowing players to individually feed would result in several players not feeding sale dragons to save food which will result in even more starving dragons on the AH which could cause a buyer to loose their wellfed bonus.

I would support a 'feed coli team option.' However this option would need a cooldown period (probably three days) before a player could switch which dragons to feed via this method. (IE when three dragons are selected via the feed coli team method, only those three dragons could be fed with that method until the cooldown lapses)

I also support the randomizing of food eaten for the dragons who eat a variety of foods (preferably taking in account the size of your foodpoint supply)--especially since the way its currently set up makes no sense. If you can eat a variety of foods why do you always go for the first on your list?
No support for individually feeding them. Allowing players to individually feed would result in several players not feeding sale dragons to save food which will result in even more starving dragons on the AH which could cause a buyer to loose their wellfed bonus.

I would support a 'feed coli team option.' However this option would need a cooldown period (probably three days) before a player could switch which dragons to feed via this method. (IE when three dragons are selected via the feed coli team method, only those three dragons could be fed with that method until the cooldown lapses)

I also support the randomizing of food eaten for the dragons who eat a variety of foods (preferably taking in account the size of your foodpoint supply)--especially since the way its currently set up makes no sense. If you can eat a variety of foods why do you always go for the first on your list?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support unless it comes with a visible energy bar on the AH for the reasons DragonSage gave.
No support unless it comes with a visible energy bar on the AH for the reasons DragonSage gave.
I pretty much agree with Dragonsage.

Feeding individual dergs isn't right for fear of being exploited to sell hungry dergs, but I wish there was some way to vary ones that can eat more than one, or just pick food group priorities (so all groups get chosen, but you choose whether to pick seafood as priority to be eaten by less fussy dergs, etc).
I pretty much agree with Dragonsage.

Feeding individual dergs isn't right for fear of being exploited to sell hungry dergs, but I wish there was some way to vary ones that can eat more than one, or just pick food group priorities (so all groups get chosen, but you choose whether to pick seafood as priority to be eaten by less fussy dergs, etc).
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-05-15 00:35:14] No support for individually feeding them. Allowing players to individually feed would result in several players not feeding sale dragons to save food which will result in even more starving dragons on the AH which could cause a buyer to loose their wellfed bonus. I would support a 'feed coli team option.' However this option would need a cooldown period (probably three days) before a player could switch which dragons to feed via this method. (IE when three dragons are selected via the feed coli team method, only those three dragons could be fed with that method until the cooldown lapses) I also support the randomizing of food eaten for the dragons who eat a variety of foods (preferably taking in account the size of your foodpoint supply)--especially since the way its currently set up makes no sense. If you can eat a variety of foods why do you always go for the first on your list? [/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2015-05-15:

Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
You can check dragons before buying them though. I would be in favor of having a hunger bar on their auction house listing if that would help. I assume it's an ongoing problem already. But back to my original point... my snapper hatchlings ate seafood before my adult seafood-only eating coatls today.
You can check dragons before buying them though. I would be in favor of having a hunger bar on their auction house listing if that would help. I assume it's an ongoing problem already. But back to my original point... my snapper hatchlings ate seafood before my adult seafood-only eating coatls today.
@Lasair that shouldn't happen. Picky eaters are supposed to eat before those with a variety of diets. I thought they fixed it because a while ago someone did experiments and it appeared to be working correctly. If that's not happening then it needs to be investigated. Edit found it [quote name="Greyjoy" date=2015-03-04 07:41:36] It turns out, according to my friend's feeding order experiments, that while most dragons eat in a set order of pickiest to least picky, Coatl's, for some reason, are outside of that. They appear to eat last regardless of the fact that they're limited to fish. Experiment's here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1269616&page=1[/quote]
@Lasair that shouldn't happen. Picky eaters are supposed to eat before those with a variety of diets. I thought they fixed it because a while ago someone did experiments and it appeared to be working correctly. If that's not happening then it needs to be investigated.

Edit found it
Greyjoy wrote on 2015-03-04:
It turns out, according to my friend's feeding order experiments, that while most dragons eat in a set order of pickiest to least picky, Coatl's, for some reason, are outside of that.

They appear to eat last regardless of the fact that they're limited to fish.

Experiment's here:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1269616&page=1
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-05-15 00:35:14] No support for individually feeding them. Allowing players to individually feed would result in several players not feeding sale dragons to save food which will result in even more starving dragons on the AH which could cause a buyer to loose their wellfed bonus. I would support a 'feed coli team option.' However this option would need a cooldown period (probably three days) before a player could switch which dragons to feed via this method. (IE when three dragons are selected via the feed coli team method, only those three dragons could be fed with that method until the cooldown lapses) I also support the randomizing of food eaten for the dragons who eat a variety of foods (preferably taking in account the size of your foodpoint supply)--especially since the way its currently set up makes no sense. If you can eat a variety of foods why do you always go for the first on your list? [/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2015-05-15:

ystbqm3.png
1 2