Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breed dragons with friends?
1 2 3
Support!
Support!
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
@Fetus

Ultimate support. Maybe the one with the female gets the babies, or just random.
@Fetus

Ultimate support. Maybe the one with the female gets the babies, or just random.
cA1SBSn.png
Support!
Support!
nkw.png
Support. I think the person who sent the request would get the odd egg of the litter. And the receiver would add a breeding fee, which can be 1t for "free" breeding.
Edit:also, the one who sent the request would have to incubate.
Support. I think the person who sent the request would get the odd egg of the litter. And the receiver would add a breeding fee, which can be 1t for "free" breeding.
Edit:also, the one who sent the request would have to incubate.
Support and I like the idea for splitting the eggs up evenly, whether it be by dice roll or even number of eggs
Support and I like the idea for splitting the eggs up evenly, whether it be by dice roll or even number of eggs
Suppooooort.
Suppooooort.
Support! [quote name="Adranth" date=2015-05-06 14:25:59] I would assume that in most cases the eggs would go to the account of the player with the female dragon, as she is the one that lays the eggs. The problem would be incubating the eggs, since both players would need to do it? Some issues to work out, but as an over-all idea I support. [/quote] I will look into this because Wajas does something like that, breeding fees being able to be set by the owners of the dragons up for breeding. I... I forget how that works exactly, but you can set who the babies go to. Owner of the mom is default, I think. When I am done with finals and have time to come back to this, assuming I remember to, I will. @Xarina
Support!
Adranth wrote on 2015-05-06:
I would assume that in most cases the eggs would go to the account of the player with the female dragon, as she is the one that lays the eggs. The problem would be incubating the eggs, since both players would need to do it?

Some issues to work out, but as an over-all idea I support.

I will look into this because Wajas does something like that, breeding fees being able to be set by the owners of the dragons up for breeding. I... I forget how that works exactly, but you can set who the babies go to. Owner of the mom is default, I think.

When I am done with finals and have time to come back to this, assuming I remember to, I will. @Xarina
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
I'm going to elaborate: both players really need to handle their own incubations. Since, on FR, dragons sitting on nests cannot be sold or scrolled or whatnot, if 2 people breed dragons, one may effectively hold the other player's dragon hostage by not incubating the nest. This may not be malicious--one player may simply be kept from the internet for a while. So incubations need to be done independently.
I'm going to elaborate: both players really need to handle their own incubations. Since, on FR, dragons sitting on nests cannot be sold or scrolled or whatnot, if 2 people breed dragons, one may effectively hold the other player's dragon hostage by not incubating the nest. This may not be malicious--one player may simply be kept from the internet for a while. So incubations need to be done independently.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I would support. Maybe have an option to choose who incubates the nest, the mother or father, since a male can sit on a nest just as easily as a female ;) The dragon who is not selected to incubate the nest could be given a set breeding cooldown period to balance out the fact that they are not the one nest sitting, but also to help avoid the "hostage" situation from occurring if the nest is not hatched when ready.
I would support. Maybe have an option to choose who incubates the nest, the mother or father, since a male can sit on a nest just as easily as a female ;) The dragon who is not selected to incubate the nest could be given a set breeding cooldown period to balance out the fact that they are not the one nest sitting, but also to help avoid the "hostage" situation from occurring if the nest is not hatched when ready.
ice%20egg3.gif88003446-1bb3-4082-bfe8-4f758d3dab9a.pngddc067c2-e6a4-4b1d-ade4-29378f307da0.pngnocturne.gif
re: incubations, I think it could be done the same way as it is now, but with each player having the possibility of incubating but not being able to incubate a nest if it has already been done that day. That way it's entirely possible to incubate a nest on your own so dragon hostage situations don't come about, though I'm not sure how the actual hatching of the nests would work - if there's no space for the hatchlings to go, then the clutch can't hatch, and the dragons can't leave the nest.
re: incubations, I think it could be done the same way as it is now, but with each player having the possibility of incubating but not being able to incubate a nest if it has already been done that day. That way it's entirely possible to incubate a nest on your own so dragon hostage situations don't come about, though I'm not sure how the actual hatching of the nests would work - if there's no space for the hatchlings to go, then the clutch can't hatch, and the dragons can't leave the nest.
1 2 3