Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Considering Switching Flights
1 2
@Beaker
What everyone above seems to be missing is that you want a small community.
This leaves you with
-Water
-Earth
-Fire
-Maybe Nature?
Shadow and Arcane are the two biggest flights. Light, Plague, and Wind aren't exactly small.
I've only really had experience with Water, but that I can tell you about!
Water is basically the epitome of a small, tight-knit flight. The forums are reasonably fast for a flight of our size, and it makes it so that anyone reasonably active is recognizable. This creates sort of a small-town community, where everybody knows everybody. Within this, we have a bunch of clubs (LBGT+ support, Gene Addicts Anonymous), and help for everybody (A Familiar Swap, food, battle stone, and apparel banks). Our Skype chat is great.
We don't run for Dominace very often, nothing like Plague or Light, but we do put up a pretty good fight!
@Beaker
What everyone above seems to be missing is that you want a small community.
This leaves you with
-Water
-Earth
-Fire
-Maybe Nature?
Shadow and Arcane are the two biggest flights. Light, Plague, and Wind aren't exactly small.
I've only really had experience with Water, but that I can tell you about!
Water is basically the epitome of a small, tight-knit flight. The forums are reasonably fast for a flight of our size, and it makes it so that anyone reasonably active is recognizable. This creates sort of a small-town community, where everybody knows everybody. Within this, we have a bunch of clubs (LBGT+ support, Gene Addicts Anonymous), and help for everybody (A Familiar Swap, food, battle stone, and apparel banks). Our Skype chat is great.
We don't run for Dominace very often, nothing like Plague or Light, but we do put up a pretty good fight!
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
I'm going to support werewhiskey because yes, Plague is large, but there are always people who want to listen. making a forum post is likely to prompt others to respond, and you can create your own little community within the larger one. There's always someone who's willing to talk or lend a hand no matter the situation. It's just a great place to be overall.
I'm going to support werewhiskey because yes, Plague is large, but there are always people who want to listen. making a forum post is likely to prompt others to respond, and you can create your own little community within the larger one. There's always someone who's willing to talk or lend a hand no matter the situation. It's just a great place to be overall.
dyk3ud.jpg
@Beaker

Light sounds like a nice match for you, and I promise I don't post on every recruitment thread saying that regardless of what the OP is looking for. We're a medium-sized flight, but our forums have a tight-knit feel. You'll definitely be noticed and recognized as a poster, and there are a lot of friendly people here! The dom scene is also really great; there are a lot of people who are very into it, so you'll fit right in if that's something you like. Right now we're doing a friendly team push and competing in teams within the flight to see who can make the most profit. At the same time, the attitude is positive and there's no pressure to participate or anything!
@Beaker

Light sounds like a nice match for you, and I promise I don't post on every recruitment thread saying that regardless of what the OP is looking for. We're a medium-sized flight, but our forums have a tight-knit feel. You'll definitely be noticed and recognized as a poster, and there are a lot of friendly people here! The dom scene is also really great; there are a lot of people who are very into it, so you'll fit right in if that's something you like. Right now we're doing a friendly team push and competing in teams within the flight to see who can make the most profit. At the same time, the attitude is positive and there's no pressure to participate or anything!
MEMmqKh.gifpShBDz8.pngUu5B3PN.png
Thanks everyone, I'm trying to keep up with reading all this and making a good decision (along with cleaning my car... xD)
Thanks everyone, I'm trying to keep up with reading all this and making a good decision (along with cleaning my car... xD)
48vur6d.png
I'll second Fire, I'm mostly a lurker but it seems that there's never anything but warm fuzzy in our forums :D
I'll second Fire, I'm mostly a lurker but it seems that there's never anything but warm fuzzy in our forums :D
@Beaker
I'm gonna support Fire again :P We're definitely small, and close knit. After only a month, I know most of the active members. We have around 4-5 subspecies with their own lore (not as many as Plague, but easier to keep track of) and we're starting to do more with Dominance, I hear. Our forums are a little slow when we aren't pushing, but they're still plenty active, and we have several threads that are semi-permanent.

Plus, there's the whole bit about traditional dragons and fire. C'mon.
@Beaker
I'm gonna support Fire again :P We're definitely small, and close knit. After only a month, I know most of the active members. We have around 4-5 subspecies with their own lore (not as many as Plague, but easier to keep track of) and we're starting to do more with Dominance, I hear. Our forums are a little slow when we aren't pushing, but they're still plenty active, and we have several threads that are semi-permanent.

Plus, there's the whole bit about traditional dragons and fire. C'mon.
tumblr_inline_o25fv9fuT31r3lvtf_500.png
xxx | xxx
So right now, I'm in between Wind (despite the size), Fire, and Water. 030
So right now, I'm in between Wind (despite the size), Fire, and Water. 030
48vur6d.png
@Beaker
Ooh, I made a thread with this theme recently! It's over here and might have some helpful responses. Based on the answers I got it sounds like nature is what you want (it's one of the ones I'm leaning toward), but you should see the responses I got, they're really great. ;w;
@Beaker
Ooh, I made a thread with this theme recently! It's over here and might have some helpful responses. Based on the answers I got it sounds like nature is what you want (it's one of the ones I'm leaning toward), but you should see the responses I got, they're really great. ;w;
582857_original.png
While I'm more of a plauge-y at heart, earth sound like it could be what you're looking for!
While I'm more of a plauge-y at heart, earth sound like it could be what you're looking for!
tumblr_nxdei30UhH1ujt5g9o1_250.png
@Ivan Thanks for the link! I'll check out those too. 8D
@Ivan Thanks for the link! I'll check out those too. 8D
48vur6d.png
1 2