Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | mythology/religion?
1 2 3 4
Okay, so this is pretty weird but I just wanted to know if I wasn't the only one on flight rising who always geeks out about religion or mythology LOL
I found out about Thrones the other day and I still can't stop thinking about it, even though they're definitely terrifying. I don't really read about too much other religions besides Christianity and it's offshoots, but only because I feel like it's kind of weird to geek out about someone's religion that isn't your own but? idk
SO. Is there anyone else, or am I the only one?
this is pretty short oops but i didn't want to ramble unwarranted
Okay, so this is pretty weird but I just wanted to know if I wasn't the only one on flight rising who always geeks out about religion or mythology LOL
I found out about Thrones the other day and I still can't stop thinking about it, even though they're definitely terrifying. I don't really read about too much other religions besides Christianity and it's offshoots, but only because I feel like it's kind of weird to geek out about someone's religion that isn't your own but? idk
SO. Is there anyone else, or am I the only one?
this is pretty short oops but i didn't want to ramble unwarranted

♥ coyote ♥ it’s very nice to meet you!
he-him or they-them| 18 | fr +3
artshop + toyho.use + fA+ personal twitter
I'm a mythology nut, not as much of a religion nut but the two closely intertwine so I know a chunk or two.

Hai~ Would you like to hear my rambling theories on the formation of dragons?
I'm a mythology nut, not as much of a religion nut but the two closely intertwine so I know a chunk or two.

Hai~ Would you like to hear my rambling theories on the formation of dragons?
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
@sunshinecitadel I totally geek out on religion and mythology :3 When I was little I had a book of Greek mythology, I have a sort of penchant for themes of good/evil, angels/demons (and dragons of course!) and I like seeing how different cultures have their own adaptations of important religious figures.

Though I totally get the part about feeling uncomfortable talking about it cos I might seem weird since the topics are not my own faith, or that I might not convey the right amount of seriousness during discussion (but I have no inhibitions about reading as much as I can!! :D)

@MissouriMule (I'd love to hear your theories on the formation of dragons!!)
@sunshinecitadel I totally geek out on religion and mythology :3 When I was little I had a book of Greek mythology, I have a sort of penchant for themes of good/evil, angels/demons (and dragons of course!) and I like seeing how different cultures have their own adaptations of important religious figures.

Though I totally get the part about feeling uncomfortable talking about it cos I might seem weird since the topics are not my own faith, or that I might not convey the right amount of seriousness during discussion (but I have no inhibitions about reading as much as I can!! :D)

@MissouriMule (I'd love to hear your theories on the formation of dragons!!)
c40lCDG.pngLs34PWv.png7dZl5Un.png
I'm pagan, so the two are one and the same for me haha. Of the Norse variety, specifically. But I love mythology of all kinds and always have. Ancient Egypt is my one true love :3
I'm pagan, so the two are one and the same for me haha. Of the Norse variety, specifically. But I love mythology of all kinds and always have. Ancient Egypt is my one true love :3
33y2ic9.jpg
I'm a bit of a mythology geek too ^^ Being from Norway, I have been stuffed with the Norse mythology ever since I was very small, so naturally, that is my favourite one >u>
I haven't been reading too much about it during these later years though, so I don't remember everything, just the key points that are my favourite(like Skoll and Hati, Balder, and Skadi etc...)

I also have a thing for Celtic mythology(Especially the story of Cuchulainn the hound of ulster OwO) , and I find paganism very interesting ^^

"Normal religion" is very fun to learn about too. I don't believe in any of them, but it is fun to learn how other people think about the world, and how some of them are very similar, etc.. Christianity is a bit boring to me, because it is pretty much everywhere, but I am very fond of Buddhism and Hinduism :)
I'm a bit of a mythology geek too ^^ Being from Norway, I have been stuffed with the Norse mythology ever since I was very small, so naturally, that is my favourite one >u>
I haven't been reading too much about it during these later years though, so I don't remember everything, just the key points that are my favourite(like Skoll and Hati, Balder, and Skadi etc...)

I also have a thing for Celtic mythology(Especially the story of Cuchulainn the hound of ulster OwO) , and I find paganism very interesting ^^

"Normal religion" is very fun to learn about too. I don't believe in any of them, but it is fun to learn how other people think about the world, and how some of them are very similar, etc.. Christianity is a bit boring to me, because it is pretty much everywhere, but I am very fond of Buddhism and Hinduism :)
Despite being an atheist I find religion absolutely fascinating! It's why I have the bible next to my bed lol. I also went through a phase of being enamoured with pagan symbols and rituals.

Also if anyone wants to ramble about something they are knowledgable about PLEASE DO I love listening ^^

Furthermore, mYTHOLOGY! Currently have Norse myths under my belt, going through Greek/Roman myths now. As a person who has spent most of their childhood in Korea I found the temples, statues, and the myths associated with them to be quite something.
Despite being an atheist I find religion absolutely fascinating! It's why I have the bible next to my bed lol. I also went through a phase of being enamoured with pagan symbols and rituals.

Also if anyone wants to ramble about something they are knowledgable about PLEASE DO I love listening ^^

Furthermore, mYTHOLOGY! Currently have Norse myths under my belt, going through Greek/Roman myths now. As a person who has spent most of their childhood in Korea I found the temples, statues, and the myths associated with them to be quite something.
I looooooooove reading about religion and mythology. Some are more interesting than others, but I love it all. :) I use the philosophy that if you look at all religions and see what's in common, you'll be able to find the truth in all the chaos. And even without the application part, there are just so many great stories! Reading about gods and prophets and just overall incredible beings... Just makes you want to be awesome and legendary yourself. So exciting.
I looooooooove reading about religion and mythology. Some are more interesting than others, but I love it all. :) I use the philosophy that if you look at all religions and see what's in common, you'll be able to find the truth in all the chaos. And even without the application part, there are just so many great stories! Reading about gods and prophets and just overall incredible beings... Just makes you want to be awesome and legendary yourself. So exciting.
chill
As a practicing pagan myself, I of course try to learn as much as possible about the deities I follow. Norse mythology is a huge part of my life and has been for years.
As a practicing pagan myself, I of course try to learn as much as possible about the deities I follow. Norse mythology is a huge part of my life and has been for years.
plague3_zpseb3fb867.png
@evertenn yO fellow Norse Pagan!
@evertenn yO fellow Norse Pagan!
33y2ic9.jpg
I love mythology! I dig greek mythology for breakfast xD
I also started to read up on norse myths and am currently deciphering my FR lore <3

No, I really could go on for hours about the greek idiots gods. My fav. myth must be Ikaros and Daidalos <3 I love it!
I love mythology! I dig greek mythology for breakfast xD
I also started to read up on norse myths and am currently deciphering my FR lore <3

No, I really could go on for hours about the greek idiots gods. My fav. myth must be Ikaros and Daidalos <3 I love it!
nnlsc9F.png
1 2 3 4