Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Headcanons!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Kriten
Haha! Yes! Roleplays have such weird plots, but I suppose that's why I like 'em.
@Kriten
Haha! Yes! Roleplays have such weird plots, but I suppose that's why I like 'em.
spiral.png
There is a major Mirror pack for every area on the continent; and these packs are fiercely loyal to each other. The largest, by far, is the Major Plague Pack, whose territory spans the entirety of the Scarred Wasteland and loops into the Tangled Wood. In the event of a crisis, the packs will band together. They are also a major source of gossip, as Mirrors join and leave every day, and some clans depend on them for news.

A Mirror shunned by the packs is shunned by all Mirrors who converse with the packs. On the flip side, great Mirror warriors easily go down in history due to the amount of information passed around.

One can tell when a pack has made its way through an area, as the wildlife will have been eliminated. The Plague pack consists of about ten thousand dragons at any given time. At its smallest size, it boasted five thousand Mirrors.
There is a major Mirror pack for every area on the continent; and these packs are fiercely loyal to each other. The largest, by far, is the Major Plague Pack, whose territory spans the entirety of the Scarred Wasteland and loops into the Tangled Wood. In the event of a crisis, the packs will band together. They are also a major source of gossip, as Mirrors join and leave every day, and some clans depend on them for news.

A Mirror shunned by the packs is shunned by all Mirrors who converse with the packs. On the flip side, great Mirror warriors easily go down in history due to the amount of information passed around.

One can tell when a pack has made its way through an area, as the wildlife will have been eliminated. The Plague pack consists of about ten thousand dragons at any given time. At its smallest size, it boasted five thousand Mirrors.
NY105Sx.gif
Inspired by something someone commented earlier:

When dealing with other dragons who can't read their antennae, fae dragons will sometimes state their emotion or tone when they speak. Of course, some of them just don't care enough to bother.

"Grateful: Thank you for the ladybugs."
"Aggravated question: Why do we have so many scroll cases? Sarcastic addition: Do we have a great surplus of scrolls I was not aware of?"

(I've seen this in a couple of media, but the one that springs to mind quickest for me is HK-47 from KotOR.)
Inspired by something someone commented earlier:

When dealing with other dragons who can't read their antennae, fae dragons will sometimes state their emotion or tone when they speak. Of course, some of them just don't care enough to bother.

"Grateful: Thank you for the ladybugs."
"Aggravated question: Why do we have so many scroll cases? Sarcastic addition: Do we have a great surplus of scrolls I was not aware of?"

(I've seen this in a couple of media, but the one that springs to mind quickest for me is HK-47 from KotOR.)
HrA24rI.gif
Image by Mayziken
Ridgebacks from the lightning flight make great conductors.

They're also quite good at gathering lightning within, around, and between their spikes.
Ridgebacks from the lightning flight make great conductors.

They're also quite good at gathering lightning within, around, and between their spikes.
iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
Imperials can purr. That is all.
Imperials can purr. That is all.
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
@Spiritfire

Bookmarking thread because headcanons.
@Spiritfire

Bookmarking thread because headcanons.
• spirit •
• it/they/he •
• fr +3 •
Going back to the 'flight breath' thing, I think Wind dragons' smell like Febreze. :P

Spirals are often chosen from their lair to auction off items due to their fast speech patterns.

Nocturnes have bright blue glowy insides.
Going back to the 'flight breath' thing, I think Wind dragons' smell like Febreze. :P

Spirals are often chosen from their lair to auction off items due to their fast speech patterns.

Nocturnes have bright blue glowy insides.
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
[quote name="Enigmadoodles" date=2015-04-10 21:33:04] Male Ridgebacks joust with their noses. Exalted Guardians occasionally have their deity as their charge. ...That's all I've got at the moment someday I'll think of more. [/quote] [quote name="Dragon393" date=2015-04-12 09:49:16] The lore says Coatls can't hear Faes. It's my head cannon that they talk with their frills [/quote] [quote name="rainexsage" date=2015-04-12 13:22:55] Nocturnes gift for mimicry makes them very good interpreters for dragons with atypical methods of communication. A lot of nocturnes make a living acting as interpreters for coatls and fae, translating what they're saying or in the fae's case what tone it is being said in. [/quote] [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bize2NKz1qjstdno4_250.gif[/img]
Enigmadoodles wrote on 2015-04-10:
Male Ridgebacks joust with their noses.

Exalted Guardians occasionally have their deity as their charge.

...That's all I've got at the moment someday I'll think of more.
Dragon393 wrote on 2015-04-12:
The lore says Coatls can't hear Faes. It's my head cannon that they talk with their frills
rainexsage wrote on 2015-04-12:
Nocturnes gift for mimicry makes them very good interpreters for dragons with atypical methods of communication. A lot of nocturnes make a living acting as interpreters for coatls and fae, translating what they're saying or in the fae's case what tone it is being said in.

tumblr_m6bize2NKz1qjstdno4_250.gif
I think imperials are great big slow-moving beasts, while nocturnes flit around like bats.
I think imperials are great big slow-moving beasts, while nocturnes flit around like bats.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngmFjnag2.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
[quote name="carnackiArdent" date=2015-04-21 23:31:01] "Aggravated question: Why do we have so many scroll cases? Sarcastic addition: Do we have a great surplus of scrolls I was not aware of?" [/quote] oh my gods this is hilarious Anyways, I tend to headcanon the dragons as smaller than official, except spirals, which I headcanon as larger, and fae, which I do picture at their official size. The sizes just... don't make sense to me. How can Nocturnes actually be big and move around with those spindly limbs?
carnackiArdent wrote on 2015-04-21:

oh my gods this is hilarious

Anyways, I tend to headcanon the dragons as smaller than official, except spirals, which I headcanon as larger, and fae, which I do picture at their official size. The sizes just... don't make sense to me. How can Nocturnes actually be big and move around with those spindly limbs?
ShpX9LV.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12