Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Report button, and stalking/harassment.
It's not myself needing help in this situation, but given the circumstances, I thought I would try to step in and ask for them as a safety matter.

They did try the report button in their inbox after receiving a message from the stalker in question, but the report feature is not currently working.

It gives out this:
Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected &#039;&#039;" >Go to post</a>&#039;&#039; (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /home/flightri/public_html/includes/ol/report.php on line 44

Now, there&#039;s no apparent mention in the FAQ or anywhere else (that I was able to find) of who to contact in order to report this directly when the report function itself is borked.

So my questions are:

- Who do they contact about how to deal with someone very obviously stalking them (jumping from a previous game to this one in order to deliberately contact after being told in no uncertain terms to never contact in any form)?
- Is there an ignore/block feature in place?
-- If not, should that be posted in the suggestion forums?
- Are there any other options/ways to handle this for my friend? They can&#039;t make a new account per Terms (nor do they want to when they just got started and got some of their first goals accomplished), so they&#039;re considering just up and leaving to avoid the inevitable escalation (another thing they do not wish to do if avoidable).

I&#039;m very, very concerned for them right now; I can&#039;t begin to articulate the level of anxiety they are going through with Flight Rising abruptly being turned into a very unsafe space for them to be involved in and no apparent recourse to be found.
It&#039;s not myself needing help in this situation, but given the circumstances, I thought I would try to step in and ask for them as a safety matter.

They did try the report button in their inbox after receiving a message from the stalker in question, but the report feature is not currently working.

It gives out this:
Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected &#039;&#039;" >Go to post</a>&#039;&#039; (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /home/flightri/public_html/includes/ol/report.php on line 44

Now, there&#039;s no apparent mention in the FAQ or anywhere else (that I was able to find) of who to contact in order to report this directly when the report function itself is borked.

So my questions are:

- Who do they contact about how to deal with someone very obviously stalking them (jumping from a previous game to this one in order to deliberately contact after being told in no uncertain terms to never contact in any form)?
- Is there an ignore/block feature in place?
-- If not, should that be posted in the suggestion forums?
- Are there any other options/ways to handle this for my friend? They can&#039;t make a new account per Terms (nor do they want to when they just got started and got some of their first goals accomplished), so they&#039;re considering just up and leaving to avoid the inevitable escalation (another thing they do not wish to do if avoidable).

I&#039;m very, very concerned for them right now; I can&#039;t begin to articulate the level of anxiety they are going through with Flight Rising abruptly being turned into a very unsafe space for them to be involved in and no apparent recourse to be found.
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
There isn&#039;t an ignore/block feature right now but hopefully the admin will implement one. I believe it has been suggested already as someone had the similar problem.
There isn&#039;t an ignore/block feature right now but hopefully the admin will implement one. I believe it has been suggested already as someone had the similar problem.
Good to know it&#039;s already been suggested since it&#039;s not an active feature--bad that a situation prompted the suggestion in the first place. :(
Good to know it&#039;s already been suggested since it&#039;s not an active feature--bad that a situation prompted the suggestion in the first place. :(
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
I don&#039;t know what it does, but there is a button for turning your account invisible under settings. You get to settings by using the pulldown menu next to your name above the energy bar. That might help your friend. I am sorry to hear that they are having trouble.
I don&#039;t know what it does, but there is a button for turning your account invisible under settings. You get to settings by using the pulldown menu next to your name above the energy bar. That might help your friend. I am sorry to hear that they are having trouble.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I&#039;m not sure that will solve the issue (now or in the future) but I&#039;ll pass along the suggestion. Thanks a lot. :)
I&#039;m not sure that will solve the issue (now or in the future) but I&#039;ll pass along the suggestion. Thanks a lot. :)
@Akiri Report buttan broked!

(this does explain why the report box has been rather empty the past few days. I thought everyone was just getting along...)
@Akiri Report buttan broked!

(this does explain why the report box has been rather empty the past few days. I thought everyone was just getting along...)
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-17 15:20:36" url="main.php?p=mb&board=help&page=1&id=78583#99620"] (this does explain why the report box has been rather empty the past few days. I thought everyone was just getting along...)[/quote] Hah! No, I wish. :( Thanks for taking the time to look into the issue.

Hah! No, I wish. :(

Thanks for taking the time to look into the issue.
Report button back online.
Report button back online.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering