Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Quick Question
It's either super early or early enough that my friends are either at work or in classes but I just wanted to ask...

Should I change all the food my friends gave over to resources or should I wait and see what's needed and go along with that?

Newbie here. Thanks for reading/understanding!
It's either super early or early enough that my friends are either at work or in classes but I just wanted to ask...

Should I change all the food my friends gave over to resources or should I wait and see what's needed and go along with that?

Newbie here. Thanks for reading/understanding!
fWKq08u.gif
@Maksy76 Moved to the Help Center! This is the appropriate place to post site related questions.

I would wait and see! Some items can be used for Swipp Swaps and are worth more than lunch. :)
@Maksy76 Moved to the Help Center! This is the appropriate place to post site related questions.

I would wait and see! Some items can be used for Swipp Swaps and are worth more than lunch. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches Thanks! Sorry about posting in the wrong section. I'll get the hang of forums and stuff soon!
@JCStitches Thanks! Sorry about posting in the wrong section. I'll get the hang of forums and stuff soon!
fWKq08u.gif
@Maksy76

It definitely helps to check the rarity/value of the food item you want to convert. Some of them are part of Swipp trades, and so you'd probably be able to make quite a sum selling them off one by one. Some items are more valuable than others, however; the herdbeast hoof (for tawny antlers) sells for ~500T on the AH (auction house), where as cobras and strikers (for the snake familiars) sell for 7-8k each! The hooves are much easier to find/gather than the snakes, however. Whether or not you want to sell the item really depends on whether or not you really want Swipp item and how much you need the money.

Many food items (and non-food items) also have no use in a Swipp trade, but some people collect these. It can be difficult to find these people, so you may be better off either trying to put these up on the AH, or even creating a thread advertising your foods and trinkets on the general Sales forum.

People usually sell foods at values of 50T per food point, sometimes more. On the AH, you can find people selling stacks (x99) of foods. Seafood tends to be the most expensive food group, with insects being 2nd. Meat and plants are pretty cheap. That being said though, if you find a stack of a 5-point food item (eg the common or bluetipped shellbug) for roughly 15k, take it! It's a pretty good deal, and sometimes people don't bother to check the true value of the food item they're selling.

edit: for a list of all Swipp trades and the required items, click here. It can be found again through the Encyclopedia link on the sidebar, under Library.
@Maksy76

It definitely helps to check the rarity/value of the food item you want to convert. Some of them are part of Swipp trades, and so you'd probably be able to make quite a sum selling them off one by one. Some items are more valuable than others, however; the herdbeast hoof (for tawny antlers) sells for ~500T on the AH (auction house), where as cobras and strikers (for the snake familiars) sell for 7-8k each! The hooves are much easier to find/gather than the snakes, however. Whether or not you want to sell the item really depends on whether or not you really want Swipp item and how much you need the money.

Many food items (and non-food items) also have no use in a Swipp trade, but some people collect these. It can be difficult to find these people, so you may be better off either trying to put these up on the AH, or even creating a thread advertising your foods and trinkets on the general Sales forum.

People usually sell foods at values of 50T per food point, sometimes more. On the AH, you can find people selling stacks (x99) of foods. Seafood tends to be the most expensive food group, with insects being 2nd. Meat and plants are pretty cheap. That being said though, if you find a stack of a 5-point food item (eg the common or bluetipped shellbug) for roughly 15k, take it! It's a pretty good deal, and sometimes people don't bother to check the true value of the food item they're selling.

edit: for a list of all Swipp trades and the required items, click here. It can be found again through the Encyclopedia link on the sidebar, under Library.
@werewhiskey

Thanks so much for the tips! I was reading the details to each one and wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. I'll definitely go back and take a second look at everything I've received to make sure I use the gifts from friends wisely!
@werewhiskey

Thanks so much for the tips! I was reading the details to each one and wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. I'll definitely go back and take a second look at everything I've received to make sure I use the gifts from friends wisely!
fWKq08u.gif