Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate?
1 2
Any players out there? What weapons do you use? How did you named your felyne? :^) Mine's called Glitch. I mostly use DS and Volto, depends on what I've got to hunt. Here's my character without armor : [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/1eb450b611777f47cf7f34def2c2c88f/tumblr_nm5is3NABb1u8sljho1_500.jpg[/img] I'd like to form my own guild with a name and all, where every hunter knows each other and where we can chill at the end of the day There's no specific really, for now we're like... three? Ahah Anyway if any FR folk want to join we're open [s]comeeee[/s]
Any players out there?
What weapons do you use? How did you named your felyne? :^) Mine's called Glitch.
I mostly use DS and Volto, depends on what I've got to hunt. Here's my character without armor :

tumblr_nm5is3NABb1u8sljho1_500.jpg

I'd like to form my own guild with a name and all, where every hunter knows each other and where we can chill at the end of the day
There's no specific really, for now we're like... three? Ahah
Anyway if any FR folk want to join we're open
comeeee
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
I use the Insect Glaive, that way I can do ALL the mounts!!! Really though it's weird to upgrade but if and when you figure that part out the rest is easy. It's great because your Kinsect is great for draining strength or stamina, the jumping power is great for attacking, dodging and moving about the map. It can be great for some ledges because some of them you can jump up rather than climbing. Plus it has great speed. It doesn't stay sharp long though or it doesn't seem to at least. The insect Glaive is the only weapon I use regularly I tried others but didn't like them as much. I really didn't like the dual blades because you don't have much in the way of range. MH4U Is my first Monster Hunter and I love it.
I use the Insect Glaive, that way I can do ALL the mounts!!! Really though it's weird to upgrade but if and when you figure that part out the rest is easy. It's great because your Kinsect is great for draining strength or stamina, the jumping power is great for attacking, dodging and moving about the map. It can be great for some ledges because some of them you can jump up rather than climbing. Plus it has great speed. It doesn't stay sharp long though or it doesn't seem to at least. The insect Glaive is the only weapon I use regularly I tried others but didn't like them as much. I really didn't like the dual blades because you don't have much in the way of range. MH4U Is my first Monster Hunter and I love it.
I'm willing to adopt or rehome any unwanted dragons, just send me a message!
I'm a dual blade user cuz I'm addicted to the speed of them. I still consider myself new at MH since there is a lot I don't really know how to do in the game. I'm trying to go use the switch ax and bow just so I have other weapons I know how to use for different hunt, really not fond of the big slow moving weapons. My cat is a black cat named Vargus just because it's the first thing that came to mind after I finished customizing him.
I'm a dual blade user cuz I'm addicted to the speed of them. I still consider myself new at MH since there is a lot I don't really know how to do in the game. I'm trying to go use the switch ax and bow just so I have other weapons I know how to use for different hunt, really not fond of the big slow moving weapons. My cat is a black cat named Vargus just because it's the first thing that came to mind after I finished customizing him.
I've been a fan of Monster Hunter since the PSP games but I was never really good at them until the 3DS games came out. I guess it was because I decided to forgo bladed weapons in favor for hammers, just for something different, and something just 'clicked' inside my head. I 'got gud', in other words.

I've been maining hammers ever since (trying to re-learn switch-axes as that was my secondary weapon in 3U) and slowly getting the hang of insect glaives. I might branch out and give the hunting horn another go as it's hammer-like. It has a slightly slower swing but slightly better reach and the ability to buff/heal yourself and others. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I'm still taking my time with the game, having just beaten the Zinogre in single-player and only HR 2 in multi-player. Zinogre wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially since my armor setup had negative thunder resistance.

I'm willing to hunt with anyone on here who asks, if they're willing to put up with a low-ranking scrub. XD
I've been a fan of Monster Hunter since the PSP games but I was never really good at them until the 3DS games came out. I guess it was because I decided to forgo bladed weapons in favor for hammers, just for something different, and something just 'clicked' inside my head. I 'got gud', in other words.

I've been maining hammers ever since (trying to re-learn switch-axes as that was my secondary weapon in 3U) and slowly getting the hang of insect glaives. I might branch out and give the hunting horn another go as it's hammer-like. It has a slightly slower swing but slightly better reach and the ability to buff/heal yourself and others. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I'm still taking my time with the game, having just beaten the Zinogre in single-player and only HR 2 in multi-player. Zinogre wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially since my armor setup had negative thunder resistance.

I'm willing to hunt with anyone on here who asks, if they're willing to put up with a low-ranking scrub. XD
I'm not very far through, only just beat the first Gore Magala event and reached Sunsprung Isle, but I am a bow user! Currently switching between the Seltas Bow and the Conga bow ( I can't remember what they're called but boy do I remember gathering the materials to make them! )
I have a Tetsucabra armour set but I'm trying to get the complete Zemtrias set right now. Sharks man. I love sharks.

My palico is called Winnie after an OC me and a friend made that we're incredibly fond of.

I'm only HR 2 (just like you @ThreeTimesFast )so if we do play together, please be gentle!
I'm not very far through, only just beat the first Gore Magala event and reached Sunsprung Isle, but I am a bow user! Currently switching between the Seltas Bow and the Conga bow ( I can't remember what they're called but boy do I remember gathering the materials to make them! )
I have a Tetsucabra armour set but I'm trying to get the complete Zemtrias set right now. Sharks man. I love sharks.

My palico is called Winnie after an OC me and a friend made that we're incredibly fond of.

I'm only HR 2 (just like you @ThreeTimesFast )so if we do play together, please be gentle!
I am 8 hours ahead of FR time.
I main Insect Glaive and Lance for most monsters and then Gunlance for Dah'ren Moran. I recently beat the Akantor event quest and discovered that his weapons are sorta bad so it was a bit of a letdown. I'm trying to HR 8 so I can grind high-rank Kirin.
I main Insect Glaive and Lance for most monsters and then Gunlance for Dah'ren Moran. I recently beat the Akantor event quest and discovered that his weapons are sorta bad so it was a bit of a letdown. I'm trying to HR 8 so I can grind high-rank Kirin.
Hey guys, I main longswords but I'm like, HR 2 since I haven't had a lot of chance to do multiplayer thanks to my crappy internet connection.
Hey guys, I main longswords but I'm like, HR 2 since I haven't had a lot of chance to do multiplayer thanks to my crappy internet connection.
I've mainly been using the Charge Blade, its amazing fun when you manage to get its strongest attack off, though the timing is pretty challenging, but there's nothing quite like throwing big prey to the ground.
Still pretty new to the game though, just finishing all the quests I can before the first capture quest, I don't know why but it worries me :3
I've mainly been using the Charge Blade, its amazing fun when you manage to get its strongest attack off, though the timing is pretty challenging, but there's nothing quite like throwing big prey to the ground.
Still pretty new to the game though, just finishing all the quests I can before the first capture quest, I don't know why but it worries me :3
nature_zps16f4c1be.png
I'm at rank 7 caravan quests, but just HR 3 because I only have one friend to play online with. I jump between charge blade and dual blades. And I've got the low rank rathalos armor, and I need to replace it soon but I like it a lot so I've been putting off getting a new set.
I'm getting ready to start grinding the Shagaru Magala for plates rip me ;v;

My palico is Frankie after the only cat I've ever had, and he is the best!

I'm totally up for hunting with anyone if they'd like! I love hunting online ouo
I'm at rank 7 caravan quests, but just HR 3 because I only have one friend to play online with. I jump between charge blade and dual blades. And I've got the low rank rathalos armor, and I need to replace it soon but I like it a lot so I've been putting off getting a new set.
I'm getting ready to start grinding the Shagaru Magala for plates rip me ;v;

My palico is Frankie after the only cat I've ever had, and he is the best!

I'm totally up for hunting with anyone if they'd like! I love hunting online ouo
I beat Crimson Fatalis, and he's tiny compared to Dire Miralis from 3U.
I beat Crimson Fatalis, and he's tiny compared to Dire Miralis from 3U.
1 2