Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Disconnect from server
Hi, I'm new today. Whenever I play a game it starts but then disconnects from the server and I can't continue. Please help. :-D
Hi, I'm new today. Whenever I play a game it starts but then disconnects from the server and I can't continue. Please help. :-D
I'm having this issue too.... With both the Fairgrounds and the Coliseum. I've toggled the alternate setting several times but it seems to make no difference.... The game simply disappears and I get a pop up that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the Alternate Socket option in your Account Settings." When I hit return (the button at the bottom) the page says Connection to Flight Rising Game server lost. The server may be down or unresponsive. Please check your internet connection noScript and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block Flightrising.com.

I'm using Firefox.
I'm having this issue too.... With both the Fairgrounds and the Coliseum. I've toggled the alternate setting several times but it seems to make no difference.... The game simply disappears and I get a pop up that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the Alternate Socket option in your Account Settings." When I hit return (the button at the bottom) the page says Connection to Flight Rising Game server lost. The server may be down or unresponsive. Please check your internet connection noScript and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block Flightrising.com.

I'm using Firefox.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
I had that same problem, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the browser. Switching to Google Chrome seems to fix it, I haven't had any disconnects since.
I had that same problem, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the browser. Switching to Google Chrome seems to fix it, I haven't had any disconnects since.
Hey I am a newbie too! I am having this problem also, I'm currently on google chrome and it's just been horrible! :( I find the puzzles very fun and relaxing but I haven't been able to complete even an easy mode one due to how frequently I am disconnected. I've had a look around the forums but it seems like heaps of people are having the same issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! I will try changing my brower to firefox for now and hope I see an improvement!
Hey I am a newbie too! I am having this problem also, I'm currently on google chrome and it's just been horrible! :( I find the puzzles very fun and relaxing but I haven't been able to complete even an easy mode one due to how frequently I am disconnected. I've had a look around the forums but it seems like heaps of people are having the same issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! I will try changing my brower to firefox for now and hope I see an improvement!
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko6_500.png
Using Firefox here, same issue with the Coliseum.
Using Firefox here, same issue with the Coliseum.
Newbie here too. I have a similar issue. I will be in the Fairgrounds playing a game. Maybe half way through, the game will crash. It's not my browser and isn't my internet, so I don't know what's wrong. I'm using Chrome too.
Newbie here too. I have a similar issue. I will be in the Fairgrounds playing a game. Maybe half way through, the game will crash. It's not my browser and isn't my internet, so I don't know what's wrong. I'm using Chrome too.
Also having same problem! I'm using chrome as well, glad its not just me
Also having same problem! I'm using chrome as well, glad its not just me
ZRFPHFU.pngWzBi7AI.pngDaxXxIb.png
I use chrome, but switching to firefox doesn't help at all.
Whether it be fairground or coliseium games, it usually freezes some time after I start playing in the first session, or it shows up with a message "Connection to Flight Rising Game server lost. The server may be down or unresponsive. Please check your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block Flightrising.com."

This message also shows up if I afk on the game page, even for a few minutes.

There isn't anything wrong with my internet connection, i don't have a noScript on chrome, and I have configured my antivirus software to trust the website. I do not think those are what's causing the game to disconnect anyway though..
I use chrome, but switching to firefox doesn't help at all.
Whether it be fairground or coliseium games, it usually freezes some time after I start playing in the first session, or it shows up with a message "Connection to Flight Rising Game server lost. The server may be down or unresponsive. Please check your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured and not set to block Flightrising.com."

This message also shows up if I afk on the game page, even for a few minutes.

There isn't anything wrong with my internet connection, i don't have a noScript on chrome, and I have configured my antivirus software to trust the website. I do not think those are what's causing the game to disconnect anyway though..
@bluesurrender @Tiriea @LeBestiaire @Vespora @Holgast @ohvalyria @buckygif @Forces

Hey, guys!

If you are having trouble playing the games, there are a number of things you can try to gain access:

- Adding "&safemode=1" to the end of the game's URL to use the "safe mode" version of the game (for example, here is the URL to the safe mode version of the Coliseum: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1
- Trying to play from a different browser
- Clearing your browser's cache
- Going into your Account Settings and toggling your Fairegrounds Socket
- Disabling addons
- Making sure your browser is fully updated
- If on a mobile device, killing your browser process periodically

If none of the above work for you, we have a tracking thread set up where you can report your issues. When reporting, be sure to include specific details such as your operating system, the kind of machine/device you're using, the browser you're using (and others you've tried), etc.

Unfortunately, some of the current disconnections may be related to the heavy load on the game server from all the new players coming in and using the games at once. So there may not be anything you can do on your end to fix this other than waiting a day or two for the initial registration excitement to calm down.

Since the proper tracking thread for this issue has been linked, I will be closing this thread as a duplicate. Good luck!
@bluesurrender @Tiriea @LeBestiaire @Vespora @Holgast @ohvalyria @buckygif @Forces

Hey, guys!

If you are having trouble playing the games, there are a number of things you can try to gain access:

- Adding "&safemode=1" to the end of the game's URL to use the "safe mode" version of the game (for example, here is the URL to the safe mode version of the Coliseum: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1
- Trying to play from a different browser
- Clearing your browser's cache
- Going into your Account Settings and toggling your Fairegrounds Socket
- Disabling addons
- Making sure your browser is fully updated
- If on a mobile device, killing your browser process periodically

If none of the above work for you, we have a tracking thread set up where you can report your issues. When reporting, be sure to include specific details such as your operating system, the kind of machine/device you're using, the browser you're using (and others you've tried), etc.

Unfortunately, some of the current disconnections may be related to the heavy load on the game server from all the new players coming in and using the games at once. So there may not be anything you can do on your end to fix this other than waiting a day or two for the initial registration excitement to calm down.

Since the proper tracking thread for this issue has been linked, I will be closing this thread as a duplicate. Good luck!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png