Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Intro. thread for those w mental illness
1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi... This is an awesome post, so I wanted to introduce myself in it. My name's Heather, and I've been diagnosed with PTSD (first time was when I was 5), agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and delayed sleep phase disorder. I'm 32 and queer-identified. Um... I'm currently not medicated or in therapy, mostly because I can't afford either.

It's nice to meet everyone. Sorry if this intro is a little awkward.
Hi... This is an awesome post, so I wanted to introduce myself in it. My name's Heather, and I've been diagnosed with PTSD (first time was when I was 5), agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and delayed sleep phase disorder. I'm 32 and queer-identified. Um... I'm currently not medicated or in therapy, mostly because I can't afford either.

It's nice to meet everyone. Sorry if this intro is a little awkward.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
@Leozo
Noooo, Heather, that wasn't awkward at all! Thanks for coming in here and introducing yourself to us. Oh man, PTSD at such a young age. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that! Finding coping mechanisms off of medication is a difficult thing to do, but I hope you've found/can find something to help you.

Perhaps we should all talk about our coping mechs!
@Leozo
Noooo, Heather, that wasn't awkward at all! Thanks for coming in here and introducing yourself to us. Oh man, PTSD at such a young age. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that! Finding coping mechanisms off of medication is a difficult thing to do, but I hope you've found/can find something to help you.

Perhaps we should all talk about our coping mechs!
Hi, I'm Grace, I'm pretty shy when it comes to things like this but I guess it's good for me to get it out there. I have depression, anxiety, I'm queer in a very conservative area, I've been emotionally abused and I'm not to trusting at first, some of my other circumstances include social anxiety, extreme lack of entitlement (I apologize way more often than what should be considered normal) and some self harm tendencies..... It's a bit of an up-and-down situation. I can be fine for a while then just suddenly plummet out of no where. I'm around if you ever want to talk to me about anything from what's got ya down to some cool thing you saw on the internet. You can talk to me here or on tumblr.

You can find me on tumblr, my url is (apparently not going to be shown because of slightly vulgar reasons..... [very very sorry!]) and I also have a (mediocre) art blog ( hella-arts ) You can go to my art blog and ask for my normal url if you'd like

I'm really enjoying this site and I hope everyone out there has a nice time.
Hi, I'm Grace, I'm pretty shy when it comes to things like this but I guess it's good for me to get it out there. I have depression, anxiety, I'm queer in a very conservative area, I've been emotionally abused and I'm not to trusting at first, some of my other circumstances include social anxiety, extreme lack of entitlement (I apologize way more often than what should be considered normal) and some self harm tendencies..... It's a bit of an up-and-down situation. I can be fine for a while then just suddenly plummet out of no where. I'm around if you ever want to talk to me about anything from what's got ya down to some cool thing you saw on the internet. You can talk to me here or on tumblr.

You can find me on tumblr, my url is (apparently not going to be shown because of slightly vulgar reasons..... [very very sorry!]) and I also have a (mediocre) art blog ( hella-arts ) You can go to my art blog and ask for my normal url if you'd like

I'm really enjoying this site and I hope everyone out there has a nice time.
19574.pngthey/them 19573.png
@mellion I don't think I really understood the diagnosis at the time, and I still feel like I'm learning (at least partly because it redeveloped later around other things that happened). I mainly need my coping mechanisms at night, because of how difficult it is to sleep. One of my big coping things is to constantly have my iPod handy. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks I've already heard, which allows me to quiet my mind without feeling the need to focus on what I'm listening to.
@mellion I don't think I really understood the diagnosis at the time, and I still feel like I'm learning (at least partly because it redeveloped later around other things that happened). I mainly need my coping mechanisms at night, because of how difficult it is to sleep. One of my big coping things is to constantly have my iPod handy. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks I've already heard, which allows me to quiet my mind without feeling the need to focus on what I'm listening to.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
really glad this is here!! anyone is free to add me, but especially ocd peeps. i'm female identified (she/her pronouns), and have ocd co-morbid with major depressive disorder (aka clinical ocd & clinical depression).

i just started lexapro after years and years of this stuff, and it's really helping in conjunction with therapy. i couldn't start either until i was over 18, so if you're in a similar situation (insurance stuff/lack of insurance, etc) and need help navigating that process i'm totally open to sharing what it's been like for me.
really glad this is here!! anyone is free to add me, but especially ocd peeps. i'm female identified (she/her pronouns), and have ocd co-morbid with major depressive disorder (aka clinical ocd & clinical depression).

i just started lexapro after years and years of this stuff, and it's really helping in conjunction with therapy. i couldn't start either until i was over 18, so if you're in a similar situation (insurance stuff/lack of insurance, etc) and need help navigating that process i'm totally open to sharing what it's been like for me.
collecting tumblr_inline_mqfvdnCv0w1qz4rgp.gifs
Hey this seems like a nice thread so i thought I'd say hi!. I'm Andy, I'm genderqueer with it/its pronouns. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder but I'm sure there's a few more somewhere up there.

I use to see a social worker but now I'm simply on ciperlax. General coping for me is talking to people who I know like me, playing video games that aren't difficult (like this site I suppose now), and just not forcing myself to do things that I don't feel capable of doing atm.

so...yeah. hey
Hey this seems like a nice thread so i thought I'd say hi!. I'm Andy, I'm genderqueer with it/its pronouns. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder but I'm sure there's a few more somewhere up there.

I use to see a social worker but now I'm simply on ciperlax. General coping for me is talking to people who I know like me, playing video games that aren't difficult (like this site I suppose now), and just not forcing myself to do things that I don't feel capable of doing atm.

so...yeah. hey
Ahh, hello everyone! Everyone here seems very nice and I though I'd drop by and introduce myself. I answer to Liet or Hydro or Tii (or any other nickname you might make for me), I'm 23 years old, and I own two cute little rats. I'm nonbinary (specifically agender) and use they/them pronouns. Mental illness runs in the family from both sides and I've unfortunately inherited a lot of bad coping behaviors from them growing up that I'm still unlearning.

I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and PTSD, and I've finally been able to start seeking help now that I've moved back in with supportive family members/have medical coverage, so now I'm taking cipralex and ativan and seeing a counselor regularly, which are doing wonders for me.

Mostly for coping I spend time with Ker and Aro, my little rattie buds. I'm big on avoidance, bordering on being sort of toxically reliant on it unfortunately, and writing. I used to exercise/take walks but I have some torn ligaments in my ankle and a rotator cuff injury that can't handle the stress any more. Generally in public for coping with acute anxiety and I don't have access to my ativan, I chew on the backings of my labret piercings or seek out and stay close to someone or something familiar to me until I've grounded myself, and I'm finding that telling myself truths about my situation helps with grounding. (The sun is shining, truth. My shoes are untied, truth. I'm in a grocery store, truth. That sort of thing)

Uhm. Yeah, I think that's everything and hopefully not too much of an infodump! Feel free to add me, I'm really shy and a bit awkward though haha.
Ahh, hello everyone! Everyone here seems very nice and I though I'd drop by and introduce myself. I answer to Liet or Hydro or Tii (or any other nickname you might make for me), I'm 23 years old, and I own two cute little rats. I'm nonbinary (specifically agender) and use they/them pronouns. Mental illness runs in the family from both sides and I've unfortunately inherited a lot of bad coping behaviors from them growing up that I'm still unlearning.

I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and PTSD, and I've finally been able to start seeking help now that I've moved back in with supportive family members/have medical coverage, so now I'm taking cipralex and ativan and seeing a counselor regularly, which are doing wonders for me.

Mostly for coping I spend time with Ker and Aro, my little rattie buds. I'm big on avoidance, bordering on being sort of toxically reliant on it unfortunately, and writing. I used to exercise/take walks but I have some torn ligaments in my ankle and a rotator cuff injury that can't handle the stress any more. Generally in public for coping with acute anxiety and I don't have access to my ativan, I chew on the backings of my labret piercings or seek out and stay close to someone or something familiar to me until I've grounded myself, and I'm finding that telling myself truths about my situation helps with grounding. (The sun is shining, truth. My shoes are untied, truth. I'm in a grocery store, truth. That sort of thing)

Uhm. Yeah, I think that's everything and hopefully not too much of an infodump! Feel free to add me, I'm really shy and a bit awkward though haha.
1 2 3 4 5 6