Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | HELP/ADVICE: Pricing Retired Sprites
As I've been a player for quite some time, I've amassed a number of retired familiars, such as Red-Footed Akirbeak and the 2013-2014 elemental sprites. I'm considering selling those in my hoard (in addition to, eventually, the ones that aren't at Awakened yet, yes I'm lame like that). However, I'm not really sure how to price them, although going by the AH they're selling by millions in T or even ten-thousands G(for Light Sprites)... [b]I have:[/b] [item=Light Sprite] x1 [item=Lightning Sprite] x3 [item=Fire Sprite] x2 [item=Arcane Sprite] x1 [item=Plague Sprite] x1 [item=Earth Sprite] x1 [item=Ice Sprite] x2 [item=Shadow Sprite] x1 [item=Wind Sprite] x2 [item=Water Sprite] x1 How should I go about pricing/selling these? Would it be better to sell them in treasure, gems, or a mix of both? I know that this can be somewhat subjective, so I'd just like to get a range of opinions, as this is something I'm pretty clueless in. I may not want to sell all of these immediately, but whatever I *do*, I wouldn't want to rip myself off out of my own money/items' value. So...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
As I've been a player for quite some time, I've amassed a number of retired familiars, such as Red-Footed Akirbeak and the 2013-2014 elemental sprites. I'm considering selling those in my hoard (in addition to, eventually, the ones that aren't at Awakened yet, yes I'm lame like that). However, I'm not really sure how to price them, although going by the AH they're selling by millions in T or even ten-thousands G(for Light Sprites)...

I have:

Light Sprite x1
Lightning Sprite x3
Fire Sprite x2
Arcane Sprite x1
Plague Sprite x1
Earth Sprite x1
Ice Sprite x2
Shadow Sprite x1
Wind Sprite x2
Water Sprite x1

How should I go about pricing/selling these? Would it be better to sell them in treasure, gems, or a mix of both? I know that this can be somewhat subjective, so I'd just like to get a range of opinions, as this is something I'm pretty clueless in. I may not want to sell all of these immediately, but whatever I *do*, I wouldn't want to rip myself off out of my own money/items' value.

So...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
@Taptuk
I mean, you could sell them for either treasure or gems? It's your preference really! You'll need your own rate for gems, though. I'm not too sure what they're going for right now, but you'll need to know for sure if you do plan on selling them for either or currency.

You could also look for recent threads where sprites have been sold? It can help you find a reasonable price alongside the auction house, and I think I've seen one board around lately about someone offering for a light sprite? Maybe someone can find it for you!

In my personal opinion, I've always tried to keep at least one of every festival item/familiar and sell any duplicates later on. You don't wanna sell something then regret it afterwards, especially with the sprites as they're only going up and up.

Didn't mean to post a wall! I apologize about that, oops
@Taptuk
I mean, you could sell them for either treasure or gems? It's your preference really! You'll need your own rate for gems, though. I'm not too sure what they're going for right now, but you'll need to know for sure if you do plan on selling them for either or currency.

You could also look for recent threads where sprites have been sold? It can help you find a reasonable price alongside the auction house, and I think I've seen one board around lately about someone offering for a light sprite? Maybe someone can find it for you!

In my personal opinion, I've always tried to keep at least one of every festival item/familiar and sell any duplicates later on. You don't wanna sell something then regret it afterwards, especially with the sprites as they're only going up and up.

Didn't mean to post a wall! I apologize about that, oops
@dggeoff

I'll have to check out some threads for sure, yeah! I'm not sure about selling some of the stuff that I only have 1 of (such as the light sprite), but definitely for ones like the lightning sprite I can at least get rid of 1. I vaguely remember selling another light sprite a while back (when it was only at...like...1 million?) or another color one, anyways, and I don't exactly feel that I could have done the same for less money now haha.

Also, from a very brief, surface-level check in this board, a lot of gem rates appeaaar to be going at 1:600?

(p.s. i like that lizard in your signature :V)
@dggeoff

I'll have to check out some threads for sure, yeah! I'm not sure about selling some of the stuff that I only have 1 of (such as the light sprite), but definitely for ones like the lightning sprite I can at least get rid of 1. I vaguely remember selling another light sprite a while back (when it was only at...like...1 million?) or another color one, anyways, and I don't exactly feel that I could have done the same for less money now haha.

Also, from a very brief, surface-level check in this board, a lot of gem rates appeaaar to be going at 1:600?

(p.s. i like that lizard in your signature :V)
@Taptuk
You could also look at item offers as well, depending on if you want anything right now? Like older festival apparel and whatnot! And yeah, I looked around for gem prices after I posted! I bought some earlier for 1:600, so that might be a good range to work from?

thank you! I love my gecko signature so much
@Taptuk
You could also look at item offers as well, depending on if you want anything right now? Like older festival apparel and whatnot! And yeah, I looked around for gem prices after I posted! I bought some earlier for 1:600, so that might be a good range to work from?

thank you! I love my gecko signature so much
@Taptuk

For nearly all the sprites but the light you can usually find people willing to pay pure a lil bit under the AH prices and item offers amount to about AH prices. Mixed offers of treasure/gems/items are very common. Payment plans aren't uncommon, either, but those are all subject to some risk for both parties so think about them before you jump into one. The more expensive the less likely you'll find someone willing to pay pure currency.

The light sprite (and possibly the airkbeak, I don't follow those trades frequently) is a little bit different - the AH prices tend to be a good guide, but the last known forum sale is usually a better starting point - if you don't know it very frequently people will post the last sale they know about for you. Depending on how long the sale was ago it might be worth more than that as well. If I recall the last sale I know about was ~40kg, I'd have to hunt for the thread to confirm though. Right now between 40-45kg is probably a good price. Taking offers is a good way to go about it since trades will value widely between people, most trades that large will likely be in at least part in items.

And like ddgeoff said, they're going to keep going up in price, so be sure you're ready to part with them. c:

Also sorry bout the wall >..>
@Taptuk

For nearly all the sprites but the light you can usually find people willing to pay pure a lil bit under the AH prices and item offers amount to about AH prices. Mixed offers of treasure/gems/items are very common. Payment plans aren't uncommon, either, but those are all subject to some risk for both parties so think about them before you jump into one. The more expensive the less likely you'll find someone willing to pay pure currency.

The light sprite (and possibly the airkbeak, I don't follow those trades frequently) is a little bit different - the AH prices tend to be a good guide, but the last known forum sale is usually a better starting point - if you don't know it very frequently people will post the last sale they know about for you. Depending on how long the sale was ago it might be worth more than that as well. If I recall the last sale I know about was ~40kg, I'd have to hunt for the thread to confirm though. Right now between 40-45kg is probably a good price. Taking offers is a good way to go about it since trades will value widely between people, most trades that large will likely be in at least part in items.

And like ddgeoff said, they're going to keep going up in price, so be sure you're ready to part with them. c:

Also sorry bout the wall >..>
@Taptuk Usually most would stick with AH prices, though of course they could be inflated sometimes so you might want to keep an eye on them for a bit c: Usually people would sell them around lowest AH value at any time or a bit under that, and if the price decrease they would just lower their offer as the AH tends to fluctuate some time~
@Taptuk Usually most would stick with AH prices, though of course they could be inflated sometimes so you might want to keep an eye on them for a bit c: Usually people would sell them around lowest AH value at any time or a bit under that, and if the price decrease they would just lower their offer as the AH tends to fluctuate some time~
tumblr_inline_o6s5k2aCZn1tnq2cv_500.png