Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | [LF] Items [H] Art
1 2 3 4 5 6
@NineEyes

It's basically when you make a blob shadow outline and chip away at it with light/ the eraser ^.^ I'm just starting out in digital drawing and your art is so cool!
@NineEyes

It's basically when you make a blob shadow outline and chip away at it with light/ the eraser ^.^ I'm just starting out in digital drawing and your art is so cool!
a33cd48e8e24f11bf61861e1609632aa217f8a3e.jpg7cd0b45f35c6e34590a300be1cacd27b2edf7760.png1500b320d1a9d96d3a57fed65894bfb47c744792.jpg92d2f8ce3a437d3f75d1b9b4944f46633f33d821.png
@Stormcaleum O I get it now :D I use multiply kind of like that for simple shadow in more flat colored pics. Thank you Cx! I'd be happy to show you how I paint/answer any questions if you have any :D
@Stormcaleum O I get it now :D I use multiply kind of like that for simple shadow in more flat colored pics. Thank you Cx! I'd be happy to show you how I paint/answer any questions if you have any :D
cP22QlS.png
@NineEyes

What about the more 3D looking pics with a whole lot of shading? How would you do those? Is it the shadow blobs, then go in for the fine details with the brush? ^.^
@NineEyes

What about the more 3D looking pics with a whole lot of shading? How would you do those? Is it the shadow blobs, then go in for the fine details with the brush? ^.^
a33cd48e8e24f11bf61861e1609632aa217f8a3e.jpg7cd0b45f35c6e34590a300be1cacd27b2edf7760.png1500b320d1a9d96d3a57fed65894bfb47c744792.jpg92d2f8ce3a437d3f75d1b9b4944f46633f33d821.png
@StormCaleum on mobile now, I'll post some process pics when I get back to my comp :D
@StormCaleum on mobile now, I'll post some process pics when I get back to my comp :D
cP22QlS.png
@LadyBrandson Pinging myself because I might be interested within the next three weeks, particularly in some pieces along these lines; [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/5otso.jpg[/img] @NineEyes I have a Sunchaser Jewelry, but am hesitant over it's value. What kind of projects are you looking to do for something large like that?
@LadyBrandson Pinging myself because I might be interested within the next three weeks, particularly in some pieces along these lines;

5otso.jpg

@NineEyes I have a Sunchaser Jewelry, but am hesitant over it's value. What kind of projects are you looking to do for something large like that?
w6qLIgS.gif
@LadyBrandson Ooo i'd definitely be interested in that :D! I could do a large fully rendered pic or multiple small ones, let me know what you're looking to have done and I'll see if I can accommodate it :)!
@LadyBrandson Ooo i'd definitely be interested in that :D! I could do a large fully rendered pic or multiple small ones, let me know what you're looking to have done and I'll see if I can accommodate it :)!
cP22QlS.png
@StormCaleum Ok back for a minute before I have to go afk again XD Here's a breakdown of the first pic though :D I always start out with rough line art planing out the staging, then paint the background first because the light color/light source will determine the color so I've gotta decide that first :P I keep two lineart layers, one below that I paint over and one on top that I can turn off and on to check where I should paint next [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibyl1.jpg[/img] more background, then I'll block in the form with a dark-midtone color [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibylv2.jpg[/img] Then I'll start painting the form one piece at a time, similar to the blocking of the whole form ie. for the face I'll take the midtone color and paint the whole face solid, then I'll take a lighter and darker color and paint the highlights/lowlights. Darker colors will be duller and brighter colors will be more saturated (also account for color in bounce light, ie. all surfaces are reflective to varying degrees so the purple of the feathers will pick up some of the orange of the sunset) [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibylv4.jpg[/img] here it is again after more highlights were added, color pulled from the sky [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibylv5.jpg[/img] sadly I didn't save many pics between and just painted through but you can see the shadows reflect the blue of the ground/light from above is more orange like the sky, all painted with the same midtones first then low/highlights. I tend to prefer painting shadow first too but either probably works :P [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibylv10.jpg[/img] and final pic :D [img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/ThanatosX79/Sibylv13-small.jpg[/img] Sorry I don't have more steps between ^^;; Maybe the next one I paint I'll have to do a livestream lol :P Hope it helps though :D! I'd love to see some of your work ^_^!
@StormCaleum Ok back for a minute before I have to go afk again XD Here's a breakdown of the first pic though :D

I always start out with rough line art planing out the staging, then paint the background first because the light color/light source will determine the color so I've gotta decide that first :P I keep two lineart layers, one below that I paint over and one on top that I can turn off and on to check where I should paint next

Sibyl1.jpg

more background, then I'll block in the form with a dark-midtone color

Sibylv2.jpg

Then I'll start painting the form one piece at a time, similar to the blocking of the whole form ie. for the face I'll take the midtone color and paint the whole face solid, then I'll take a lighter and darker color and paint the highlights/lowlights. Darker colors will be duller and brighter colors will be more saturated (also account for color in bounce light, ie. all surfaces are reflective to varying degrees so the purple of the feathers will pick up some of the orange of the sunset)
Sibylv4.jpg

here it is again after more highlights were added, color pulled from the sky
Sibylv5.jpg

sadly I didn't save many pics between and just painted through but you can see the shadows reflect the blue of the ground/light from above is more orange like the sky, all painted with the same midtones first then low/highlights. I tend to prefer painting shadow first too but either probably works :P
Sibylv10.jpg

and final pic :D
Sibylv13-small.jpg

Sorry I don't have more steps between ^^;; Maybe the next one I paint I'll have to do a livestream lol :P Hope it helps though :D! I'd love to see some of your work ^_^!
cP22QlS.png
@NineEyes

Oh man. I love your art to bits.. I can provide about everything you want, and man.. I love your art. Is there anything else you might want not on that list as well?
@NineEyes

Oh man. I love your art to bits.. I can provide about everything you want, and man.. I love your art. Is there anything else you might want not on that list as well?
bwuGGyS.png
@Lullaby Thank you X3!! Nothing in mind but offer me anything and I'll see if I can use it, I'm flexible lol :P What would you like done :D?
@Lullaby Thank you X3!! Nothing in mind but offer me anything and I'll see if I can use it, I'm flexible lol :P What would you like done :D?
cP22QlS.png
@Lullaby @LadyBrandson @Founder Haven't heard back from you guys so just wondering if you were still interested in getting art ^^
@Lullaby @LadyBrandson @Founder Haven't heard back from you guys so just wondering if you were still interested in getting art ^^
cP22QlS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6