Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | HIATUS Lair Reviews/Bios/Writing
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 81
@Amanda
Here are Daystorm and Bell's! :)

http://pastebin.com/UwpNe2TM
@Amanda
Here are Daystorm and Bell's! :)

http://pastebin.com/UwpNe2TM
@Mirrorstone

Your slots are open, right? If not please let me know!

Number of Dragons: 5
Dragons to be specifically included: Any!
Dragons to be specifically excluded: Only the dragons with no familiars!
If in character, who by: Just a normal review, please!
Special Requests: N/A!
@Mirrorstone

Your slots are open, right? If not please let me know!

Number of Dragons: 5
Dragons to be specifically included: Any!
Dragons to be specifically excluded: Only the dragons with no familiars!
If in character, who by: Just a normal review, please!
Special Requests: N/A!
@mirrorstone I'm back! :3 Link to Dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=472955][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4730/472955_350.png[/img][/url] Bio Length: medium Information to be Included: I guess he's some kind of a recruiter? I haven't made up any details of his background yet, so feel free to make something up on your own :) Extras: As usual^^ Special Requests: - Link to Dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2672195] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/26722/2672195_350.png[/img][/url] Bio Length: medium Information to be Included: He's a jester and crazy. I mean, REALLY crazy xD Oh, and he's a ghost although he seems to ignore the fact that he occasionally floats through things...or walls... Quite disturbing xD Extras: As usual^^ Special Requests: Have fun with this one :P
@mirrorstone I'm back! :3
Link to Dragon: 472955_350.png
Bio Length: medium
Information to be Included: I guess he's some kind of a recruiter? I haven't made up any details of his background yet, so feel free to make something up on your own :)
Extras: As usual^^
Special Requests: -

Link to Dragon:
2672195_350.png

Bio Length: medium
Information to be Included: He's a jester and crazy. I mean, REALLY crazy xD Oh, and he's a ghost although he seems to ignore the fact that he occasionally floats through things...or walls... Quite disturbing xD
Extras: As usual^^
Special Requests: Have fun with this one :P
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Amanda
Here are the last three! Hope you enjoy ^^

http://pastebin.com/mL0WJ0LT
@Amanda
Here are the last three! Hope you enjoy ^^

http://pastebin.com/mL0WJ0LT
@Drachenschwinge
Here you go! :)

A wanderer sees many things on his journey, and goes unseen himself.

Some wander because they are running from something. Others wander because there is something they seek. For some, it's both. Djinn has always been ambiguous about his own reasons, but he gets uneasy staying in one place for too long, as though he's worried something will find him. He serves as a recruiter for the clan, seeking out those dragons who possess special or unusual skills that could be of use to them, and bringing them back if they're suitable candidates. Many are surprised when they look under the wide-brimmed hat that hides his eyes and see not the green of a wandering Wind flight dragon, but a brilliant orange, with the glow of a banked fire. What might happen should that banked fire be rekindled into a fierce blaze? Perhaps what he seeks is the instrument to accomplish it.

The unnamed clan Djinn belongs to has made it their mission to protect the Ashfall Waste from the shadows. They are spies, thieves, assassins, strategists, and much more. They're less likely to be standing in the front lines of an army than they are to be behind the machinations that kept war from breaking out in the first place. As such, they choose clan members carefully, searching for those who are clever, gifted, adaptable, and willing to swear loyalty to clan and region. Djinn has no easy job searching for members who fit their specialized requirements. Since the very nature of their work is covert, he can't very well announce it openly. He has to carefully ascertain whether potential new members are trustworthy before he can even begin to talk to them about the clan. And yet, that's what he does best. Djinn has a strange gift for seeing past the illusions and facades, straight into the heart of those he speaks with. If there is treachery and deceit there, he will see it, and know.

Djinn was not born into the unnamed clan, but into an illustrious and wealthy one. His ability was a closely guarded secret there, passed down his lineage for generations, known only to them and the clan they served. Once, his family served as the bodyguards and truth seekers to the leaders of their clan. For generations, his lineage had served their bloodline, alerting them of treachery in their midst. Djinn was young, still learning the ways of his gift from his own parents. One day he would serve the clan leader's daughter, as his parents served the clan's leader, guarding and advising her. Or at least, he was supposed to. One bloody night, came an uprising none of them had seen any trace of. The rebels, armed with an unfamiliar magic that made their hearts and minds as blank slates, slaughtered all the members of the ruling line, young and old, and all the members of Djinn's own family that that they could find. Djinn's parents barely managed to get him and the daughter of their leader to safety, dying in the attempt. Despite Djinn's best efforts, he was separated from her in the ensuing chaos. Afraid and alone, knowing he would be hunted as the last remaining member of his bloodline, he fled.

Even now, Djinn wakes at night, his dreams full of fire and blood, and the distant memory of the one he was meant to serve. He does not know what became of her, but he is determined to make up for his failure to stay with her and protect her. One day, in all his searching, he will find her. Her blood will sing to his, and he will restore her to her proper place, re-establish his and her bloodlines in honor of their murdered kin. His new clan will help him, he is sure of it. After all, why would those who would throw a bloody revolution stop at power over a single clan? Those who hide their innermost hearts have reason to, and he's certain that night long ago was only the first move in a long game that means no good for his homeland. One day, he will reveal it to his clan, when he's found the lost heir, and ask for their aid. But for now, he wanders, and he seeks.

Let me look into you. You'd better hope I like what I see.

I am that merry wanderer of the night.
I jest to Oberon and make him smile
When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile,
Neighing in likeness of a filly foal.
And sometime lurk I in a gossip’s bowl
In very likeness of a roasted crab,
And when she drinks, against her lips I bob
And on her withered dewlap pour the ale.
-Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

If you see something moving out of the corner of your eye, it's best not to jump, or turn too fast and try to catch it. Wabbajack loves to fool with those he knows he can get a good reaction out of. A laugh or a scream, they're two sides of the same coin, aren't they? It's all the same to him. He's the clan's self-proclaimed jester. Certainly no one disputes his title, but no one remembers giving it to him either. Or inviting him into the clan, come to think of it. He's just... been there. For a while. How long exactly? Who knows. Wabbajack certainly isn't telling, or at least telling anything but jokes.

No one can quite muster up the courage to breathe the word, but “haunted” is a fairly good description of the lair with Wabbajack around. He floats, sometimes, although he never seems to notice that his feet aren't on the ground. Or at least, he pretends not to notice. He floats through things too, which most dragons quickly learn not to mention. No one can forget the sight, when they stammer out that he's standing halfway through a wall, of Wabbajack looking at himself with surprise, shrieking, and falling down sliced into two halves. They usually don't forget how hard he laughs at them later, whole and unharmed, as though the whole grisly scene never happened. He must be a ghost, surely? Nothing could do that and survive. No matter how much he crows about how clever his tricks are, those intestines were just too realistic. Right? He must be. Let's just say that no one has ever seen what's underneath that birdskull mask. If it is a mask.

Wabbajack is easily identifiable by his incredibly bright colors, the sound of jingling bells that follows him despite the fact that he's not wearing any, and his incredibly loud, shrieking laugh. He's so easily identifiable that it always comes as a surprise when you see him standing all the way across the room, only to hear him whisper “boo” into your ear. He was right there, but now he's right here, and when you look back, he's not there and maybe there is no there at all, and how did you end up in the crypt, and who's standing right behind you? Wabbajack's jests are often like that, innocuousness mixed with horror, cliché mixed with innovation, immensely funny to him, of course, and perhaps not so much to the victim. It's best to laugh along with him anyway, though, otherwise he'll just keep trying until you do.

No one is sure whether Wabbajack's apparent ability to bend the rules of reality, or just a dragon's mind, is an actual thing or not. He'll certainly pull out all the stops in pursuit of a joke, long long after any sane dragon would have abandoned it. No one is safe from his japes and jests (or safe at all really) until he's satisfied, and should that require filling their entire room with honey while they sleep, so be it. So bee it, even. Because all that honey doesn't come from nowhere, so he'll have to include bees. Many bees. Where did he get them all? He just laughs and laughs if anyone tries to ask. His sense of humor is indiscriminate and inscrutable, ranging from utterly terrible puns to grievous bodily harm, one after the other.
@Drachenschwinge
Here you go! :)

A wanderer sees many things on his journey, and goes unseen himself.

Some wander because they are running from something. Others wander because there is something they seek. For some, it's both. Djinn has always been ambiguous about his own reasons, but he gets uneasy staying in one place for too long, as though he's worried something will find him. He serves as a recruiter for the clan, seeking out those dragons who possess special or unusual skills that could be of use to them, and bringing them back if they're suitable candidates. Many are surprised when they look under the wide-brimmed hat that hides his eyes and see not the green of a wandering Wind flight dragon, but a brilliant orange, with the glow of a banked fire. What might happen should that banked fire be rekindled into a fierce blaze? Perhaps what he seeks is the instrument to accomplish it.

The unnamed clan Djinn belongs to has made it their mission to protect the Ashfall Waste from the shadows. They are spies, thieves, assassins, strategists, and much more. They're less likely to be standing in the front lines of an army than they are to be behind the machinations that kept war from breaking out in the first place. As such, they choose clan members carefully, searching for those who are clever, gifted, adaptable, and willing to swear loyalty to clan and region. Djinn has no easy job searching for members who fit their specialized requirements. Since the very nature of their work is covert, he can't very well announce it openly. He has to carefully ascertain whether potential new members are trustworthy before he can even begin to talk to them about the clan. And yet, that's what he does best. Djinn has a strange gift for seeing past the illusions and facades, straight into the heart of those he speaks with. If there is treachery and deceit there, he will see it, and know.

Djinn was not born into the unnamed clan, but into an illustrious and wealthy one. His ability was a closely guarded secret there, passed down his lineage for generations, known only to them and the clan they served. Once, his family served as the bodyguards and truth seekers to the leaders of their clan. For generations, his lineage had served their bloodline, alerting them of treachery in their midst. Djinn was young, still learning the ways of his gift from his own parents. One day he would serve the clan leader's daughter, as his parents served the clan's leader, guarding and advising her. Or at least, he was supposed to. One bloody night, came an uprising none of them had seen any trace of. The rebels, armed with an unfamiliar magic that made their hearts and minds as blank slates, slaughtered all the members of the ruling line, young and old, and all the members of Djinn's own family that that they could find. Djinn's parents barely managed to get him and the daughter of their leader to safety, dying in the attempt. Despite Djinn's best efforts, he was separated from her in the ensuing chaos. Afraid and alone, knowing he would be hunted as the last remaining member of his bloodline, he fled.

Even now, Djinn wakes at night, his dreams full of fire and blood, and the distant memory of the one he was meant to serve. He does not know what became of her, but he is determined to make up for his failure to stay with her and protect her. One day, in all his searching, he will find her. Her blood will sing to his, and he will restore her to her proper place, re-establish his and her bloodlines in honor of their murdered kin. His new clan will help him, he is sure of it. After all, why would those who would throw a bloody revolution stop at power over a single clan? Those who hide their innermost hearts have reason to, and he's certain that night long ago was only the first move in a long game that means no good for his homeland. One day, he will reveal it to his clan, when he's found the lost heir, and ask for their aid. But for now, he wanders, and he seeks.

Let me look into you. You'd better hope I like what I see.

I am that merry wanderer of the night.
I jest to Oberon and make him smile
When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile,
Neighing in likeness of a filly foal.
And sometime lurk I in a gossip’s bowl
In very likeness of a roasted crab,
And when she drinks, against her lips I bob
And on her withered dewlap pour the ale.
-Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

If you see something moving out of the corner of your eye, it's best not to jump, or turn too fast and try to catch it. Wabbajack loves to fool with those he knows he can get a good reaction out of. A laugh or a scream, they're two sides of the same coin, aren't they? It's all the same to him. He's the clan's self-proclaimed jester. Certainly no one disputes his title, but no one remembers giving it to him either. Or inviting him into the clan, come to think of it. He's just... been there. For a while. How long exactly? Who knows. Wabbajack certainly isn't telling, or at least telling anything but jokes.

No one can quite muster up the courage to breathe the word, but “haunted” is a fairly good description of the lair with Wabbajack around. He floats, sometimes, although he never seems to notice that his feet aren't on the ground. Or at least, he pretends not to notice. He floats through things too, which most dragons quickly learn not to mention. No one can forget the sight, when they stammer out that he's standing halfway through a wall, of Wabbajack looking at himself with surprise, shrieking, and falling down sliced into two halves. They usually don't forget how hard he laughs at them later, whole and unharmed, as though the whole grisly scene never happened. He must be a ghost, surely? Nothing could do that and survive. No matter how much he crows about how clever his tricks are, those intestines were just too realistic. Right? He must be. Let's just say that no one has ever seen what's underneath that birdskull mask. If it is a mask.

Wabbajack is easily identifiable by his incredibly bright colors, the sound of jingling bells that follows him despite the fact that he's not wearing any, and his incredibly loud, shrieking laugh. He's so easily identifiable that it always comes as a surprise when you see him standing all the way across the room, only to hear him whisper “boo” into your ear. He was right there, but now he's right here, and when you look back, he's not there and maybe there is no there at all, and how did you end up in the crypt, and who's standing right behind you? Wabbajack's jests are often like that, innocuousness mixed with horror, cliché mixed with innovation, immensely funny to him, of course, and perhaps not so much to the victim. It's best to laugh along with him anyway, though, otherwise he'll just keep trying until you do.

No one is sure whether Wabbajack's apparent ability to bend the rules of reality, or just a dragon's mind, is an actual thing or not. He'll certainly pull out all the stops in pursuit of a joke, long long after any sane dragon would have abandoned it. No one is safe from his japes and jests (or safe at all really) until he's satisfied, and should that require filling their entire room with honey while they sleep, so be it. So bee it, even. Because all that honey doesn't come from nowhere, so he'll have to include bees. Many bees. Where did he get them all? He just laughs and laughs if anyone tries to ask. His sense of humor is indiscriminate and inscrutable, ranging from utterly terrible puns to grievous bodily harm, one after the other.
@KnightOfKris
Sorry about the delay, I do still have slots open now. If you'd like to send the payment, I'll go ahead and get started on your review.

@Amanda
Thank you! I hope you had a good time at the convention :) I don't have any cats myself, but my best friend does have a couple I've gotten to know, and I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of videos of cats doing cute things XD I can definitely do more bios for you, although since this is a festival week, they'll probably take longer to finish. Is that okay with you?
@KnightOfKris
Sorry about the delay, I do still have slots open now. If you'd like to send the payment, I'll go ahead and get started on your review.

@Amanda
Thank you! I hope you had a good time at the convention :) I don't have any cats myself, but my best friend does have a couple I've gotten to know, and I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of videos of cats doing cute things XD I can definitely do more bios for you, although since this is a festival week, they'll probably take longer to finish. Is that okay with you?
@Mirrorstone

No worries! c: Payment sent!
@Mirrorstone

No worries! c: Payment sent!
@KnightOfKris [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10678408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106785/10678408_350.png[/img] [/url] Cordelia has some really gorgeous beachy colors, with the combination of the bright blue of her wings and the sandy mixture of banana and ivory. The way her facet wings have so many highlights really makes them resemble the sun glinting off water. I love how softly the color and texture of her banana ripple and ivory okapi blend together. And the way you've used the aquamarine flourish jewelry to emphasize her okapi helps it stand out even the colors could easily blend too much and get lost. I really like how you've only placed the jewelry alongside her okapi markings, so that the copper bands could almost be an extension of the darker ivory stripes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4696993] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/46970/4696993_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm completely in love with Colloqium's colors, you have no idea. His sunshine iridescent is already so great, because noodles have long bodies, which means a long color gradient. So it really gets to show off, going from orange, to gold, to tangerine on him. Add the gorgeous bright blue shimmer, which is nice and deep, and fairly constant save for a little aqua highlights at the tips, and you already have a stunning contrast between the warm and cool colors. But his mulberry okapi absolutely makes it for me. The purple complements the cool tones of his wings, but mulberry is a fairly ruddy shade of purple which gives it warm undertones too, so it really shines next to his warm primary. All together, it gives him a really nice rainbow effect, that's unique from the ROYGBIV rainbows. The little splash of white from his mask is the perfect finishing touch, letting the colors play around it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580/57955_350.png[/img] [/url] Speaking of excellent use of colors, Dimitri here is another example of it. The energy trap accent can be hard to use, but the effect of it layered over his dark obsidian primary is very dramatic, making him look as though he's bathed in light. Where you can see the color just touching the feather pattern of his seraph is subtler alongside its dramatic effect on the primary, but just as pleasing. Using his scarf and hat to cover up some of the brightest parts of the accent helps balance out the bright and dark in his color scheme, evening out his look overall. And although it's a small thing, the way the harp strings point in the same direction as his accent's colors flow, and carries down a little of the bright gold from it, is really an excellent touch. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2705558] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/27056/2705558_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm usually not a fan of orange and blue together, but when it's done well it looks really spectacular, and Empyrean definitely does it well. The white of her wings is a perfect canvas to show off her accent, since the light colors mean that the light golds don't get lost like they tend to on brighter colors. Her ice underbelly is a nice extension of that, especially since the lines of the accent outline her underbelly for extra effect. Meanwhile the warm red and yellow lines of her accent against her cooler teal primary make for a very striking contrast. The use of little apparel really adds to her look, since she has such an elaborate accent and such great colors that it would be a shame to cover them up, but the way the stark white of her birdskull headdress echoes her wings is really well done, elegant in its simplicity. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6787483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/67875/6787483_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm going to be honest, I love Melonball for his cute name and his sheer bright, eyeburning, neon goodness. The lemon lime combo of lemon iridescent and leaf shimmer/underbelly is a winner every time, in part because leaf is a very bright, yellow-toned shade of green that goes well with the bright yellow of lemon. it really works best with those two genes, since almost anything else inexplicably brings brown into the lemon which doesn't fit the picture. Since his color scheme is bright but simple, a matching set of apparel really suits him the best, especially when it's the birdskull apparel that brings the bright yellows of his primary down up into the green of his wings, and emphasizes them elsewhere.
@KnightOfKris

10678408_350.png

Cordelia has some really gorgeous beachy colors, with the combination of the bright blue of her wings and the sandy mixture of banana and ivory. The way her facet wings have so many highlights really makes them resemble the sun glinting off water. I love how softly the color and texture of her banana ripple and ivory okapi blend together. And the way you've used the aquamarine flourish jewelry to emphasize her okapi helps it stand out even the colors could easily blend too much and get lost. I really like how you've only placed the jewelry alongside her okapi markings, so that the copper bands could almost be an extension of the darker ivory stripes.

4696993_350.png

I'm completely in love with Colloqium's colors, you have no idea. His sunshine iridescent is already so great, because noodles have long bodies, which means a long color gradient. So it really gets to show off, going from orange, to gold, to tangerine on him. Add the gorgeous bright blue shimmer, which is nice and deep, and fairly constant save for a little aqua highlights at the tips, and you already have a stunning contrast between the warm and cool colors. But his mulberry okapi absolutely makes it for me. The purple complements the cool tones of his wings, but mulberry is a fairly ruddy shade of purple which gives it warm undertones too, so it really shines next to his warm primary. All together, it gives him a really nice rainbow effect, that's unique from the ROYGBIV rainbows. The little splash of white from his mask is the perfect finishing touch, letting the colors play around it.

57955_350.png

Speaking of excellent use of colors, Dimitri here is another example of it. The energy trap accent can be hard to use, but the effect of it layered over his dark obsidian primary is very dramatic, making him look as though he's bathed in light. Where you can see the color just touching the feather pattern of his seraph is subtler alongside its dramatic effect on the primary, but just as pleasing. Using his scarf and hat to cover up some of the brightest parts of the accent helps balance out the bright and dark in his color scheme, evening out his look overall. And although it's a small thing, the way the harp strings point in the same direction as his accent's colors flow, and carries down a little of the bright gold from it, is really an excellent touch.

2705558_350.png

I'm usually not a fan of orange and blue together, but when it's done well it looks really spectacular, and Empyrean definitely does it well. The white of her wings is a perfect canvas to show off her accent, since the light colors mean that the light golds don't get lost like they tend to on brighter colors. Her ice underbelly is a nice extension of that, especially since the lines of the accent outline her underbelly for extra effect. Meanwhile the warm red and yellow lines of her accent against her cooler teal primary make for a very striking contrast. The use of little apparel really adds to her look, since she has such an elaborate accent and such great colors that it would be a shame to cover them up, but the way the stark white of her birdskull headdress echoes her wings is really well done, elegant in its simplicity.

6787483_350.png

I'm going to be honest, I love Melonball for his cute name and his sheer bright, eyeburning, neon goodness. The lemon lime combo of lemon iridescent and leaf shimmer/underbelly is a winner every time, in part because leaf is a very bright, yellow-toned shade of green that goes well with the bright yellow of lemon. it really works best with those two genes, since almost anything else inexplicably brings brown into the lemon which doesn't fit the picture. Since his color scheme is bright but simple, a matching set of apparel really suits him the best, especially when it's the birdskull apparel that brings the bright yellows of his primary down up into the green of his wings, and emphasizes them elsewhere.
@Mirrorstone Thank you so much!! c: You picked out a couple of the dragons I'm most proud of (particularly Cordelia, who was a birthday egg I hatched and gened from scratch)!
@Mirrorstone Thank you so much!! c: You picked out a couple of the dragons I'm most proud of (particularly Cordelia, who was a birthday egg I hatched and gened from scratch)!
@Mirrorstone I love them, thanks! :'D
@Mirrorstone I love them, thanks! :'D
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 81