Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | HIATUS Lair Reviews/Bios/Writing
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80 81
@MoonGoddess
I'm glad you like it! I kind of took some risks with this one, so I was worried about how it would go over. When you say more modern than you expected, do you mean more futuristic, or too much like right now and not futuristic enough? From the picture you sent me, I kind of got the idea that their setting was a futuristic, industrial (I don't quite want to say cyberpunk, but a similar feel) post apocalyptic city, was I off? You're of course free to adjust details so it fits whatever time frame you have in mind, but if I got some details wrong, just tell me what and I'll try to correct them in the next one.
@MoonGoddess
I'm glad you like it! I kind of took some risks with this one, so I was worried about how it would go over. When you say more modern than you expected, do you mean more futuristic, or too much like right now and not futuristic enough? From the picture you sent me, I kind of got the idea that their setting was a futuristic, industrial (I don't quite want to say cyberpunk, but a similar feel) post apocalyptic city, was I off? You're of course free to adjust details so it fits whatever time frame you have in mind, but if I got some details wrong, just tell me what and I'll try to correct them in the next one.
@Mirrorstone
No...it was just my bad....i never actually took the time to THINK it through more specifically about how their world looked. @_@;
I thought it a bit too now-days---since starvation/famine is a huge factor, i thought that would be a bigger issue? and with raves, it was a great idea, but i think they would have had more...fighting going on? idk honestly? XD
it's fine however you write it though! XD
@Mirrorstone
No...it was just my bad....i never actually took the time to THINK it through more specifically about how their world looked. @_@;
I thought it a bit too now-days---since starvation/famine is a huge factor, i thought that would be a bigger issue? and with raves, it was a great idea, but i think they would have had more...fighting going on? idk honestly? XD
it's fine however you write it though! XD
Pixelssss Art Shop ; v ; ddlqjmp-629c8233-47d2-4777-b934-b0d4dd58516d.png
@MoonGoddess
I see, I see. That's super helpful, I know just how to adjust Jordan's story to fit that! His will definitely have fighting in it. Rhema just struck me as the creator type, rather than the fighting type, unlike her brother who's the opposite. Sort of a yin and yang thing going on between the two of them XD
@MoonGoddess
I see, I see. That's super helpful, I know just how to adjust Jordan's story to fit that! His will definitely have fighting in it. Rhema just struck me as the creator type, rather than the fighting type, unlike her brother who's the opposite. Sort of a yin and yang thing going on between the two of them XD
@Mirrorstone
hahaha, yeah! you did a great job with her! ^u^
:D thank you!! :D
@Mirrorstone
hahaha, yeah! you did a great job with her! ^u^
:D thank you!! :D
@Mirrorstone
hi! could I get a 4-dragon lair review, paid for in gems?
@Mirrorstone
hi! could I get a 4-dragon lair review, paid for in gems?
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
animated-disney-image-0145.gif
@gazehound
Sure! Send them over and I'll get started right away.
@gazehound
Sure! Send them over and I'll get started right away.
@gazehound [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4648338] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/46484/4648338_350.png[/img] [/url] In your lair full of lovely pastels, Lamb was one of the first to catch my eye. Irishimbelly is one of the best pastel combinations, in my opinion, because iridescent and shimmer keep the colors soft and light, where most other genes bring in a darker shade for variety. Her lavender iridescent is a nice soft shade, with subtle hints of pink at her head and blue at her tail. It looks particularly good with her pink shimmer, not just because pink and purple are a time honored combination, but because of the way the gradient at the tips of her wings picks up a purple tint itself, so that the the tip of her outstretched wing is almost the same color. Maize underbelly looks good on pretty much anything, but on pastels it's extra soft and smooth, and you carry that gentle maize color up and out with her daisy flowercrown and flowerfall apparel. Her pink wings are nicely complemented by her pink bows, and since all of her apparel matches the colors of her secondary and tertiary, they provide a nice balance with her more assertive primary. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6094425] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/60945/6094425_350.png[/img] [/url] Dewdrop has such a fitting name, since he looks like a little dewdrop balanced on a pink flower petal. Of all the blues, sky is one of my favorites and definitely the best to pair with rose. Not only are they both soft pastel colors, but sky and rose are both also particularly subtle in the gradients they get with their shiny genes, so there's not a lot of variation, making the two of them look nice and even together. His maize underbelly is a nice subtle touch for a pastel dragon too. Sky's natural underbelly is closer to white, which is just a little cooler than maize, and certainly brighter. Maize is more of a soft, creamy shade that works better with your lair's overall color theme. The pearly necklace goes well with his wings, and with beautiful colors like his, less is more in terms of apparel. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3080841] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30809/3080841_350.png[/img] [/url] In your pastel lair, it's really endearing to see a single grey dragon. Baby has a nice grey color scheme, with silver basic that still makes his color look a little soft, and thistle stripes that keep his wing colors looking very natural. Stripes is the most subtle secondary gene, to the point that he could almost be mistaken for double basic, and the plain look suits him, especially next to all your other elaborate shiny dragons. His apparel is equally subtle, with the pauldrons being the most standout piece, and only because of the bright orange of the magma. Otherwise, the greyish stone would almost blend right in, like his scars and wing bangles do. It's all a perfect look for a gruff, protective dragon looking out for his clan of gentle, pastel clan members. (I think his story is really cute too.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6079546] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/60796/6079546_350.png[/img] [/url] Sunshine is just objectively pretty. Her soft sky primary and ivory secondary, both gentle shades of blue and yellow, contrast with each other nicely, being different, very soft, primary colors. Her iridescent sky in particular is nice because it gives her that built in white underbelly, which with her gembond is like getting two tertiary genes for the price of one. Her aqua gembond makes the predominant color strongly tilt towards blue, and it's close enough to sky, especially on her tail where the iridescent picks up a faintly greenish tint that makes them match, for them to really complement each other. Aqua's slightly greenish hue also makes it look good with her ivory secondary, since green contains a little yellow. Her greenish yellow wind eyes are a nice little final touch, since they almost match both her wings and her gembond, depending on how you're looking at her.
@gazehound

4648338_350.png

In your lair full of lovely pastels, Lamb was one of the first to catch my eye. Irishimbelly is one of the best pastel combinations, in my opinion, because iridescent and shimmer keep the colors soft and light, where most other genes bring in a darker shade for variety. Her lavender iridescent is a nice soft shade, with subtle hints of pink at her head and blue at her tail. It looks particularly good with her pink shimmer, not just because pink and purple are a time honored combination, but because of the way the gradient at the tips of her wings picks up a purple tint itself, so that the the tip of her outstretched wing is almost the same color. Maize underbelly looks good on pretty much anything, but on pastels it's extra soft and smooth, and you carry that gentle maize color up and out with her daisy flowercrown and flowerfall apparel. Her pink wings are nicely complemented by her pink bows, and since all of her apparel matches the colors of her secondary and tertiary, they provide a nice balance with her more assertive primary.

6094425_350.png

Dewdrop has such a fitting name, since he looks like a little dewdrop balanced on a pink flower petal. Of all the blues, sky is one of my favorites and definitely the best to pair with rose. Not only are they both soft pastel colors, but sky and rose are both also particularly subtle in the gradients they get with their shiny genes, so there's not a lot of variation, making the two of them look nice and even together. His maize underbelly is a nice subtle touch for a pastel dragon too. Sky's natural underbelly is closer to white, which is just a little cooler than maize, and certainly brighter. Maize is more of a soft, creamy shade that works better with your lair's overall color theme. The pearly necklace goes well with his wings, and with beautiful colors like his, less is more in terms of apparel.

3080841_350.png

In your pastel lair, it's really endearing to see a single grey dragon. Baby has a nice grey color scheme, with silver basic that still makes his color look a little soft, and thistle stripes that keep his wing colors looking very natural. Stripes is the most subtle secondary gene, to the point that he could almost be mistaken for double basic, and the plain look suits him, especially next to all your other elaborate shiny dragons. His apparel is equally subtle, with the pauldrons being the most standout piece, and only because of the bright orange of the magma. Otherwise, the greyish stone would almost blend right in, like his scars and wing bangles do. It's all a perfect look for a gruff, protective dragon looking out for his clan of gentle, pastel clan members. (I think his story is really cute too.)

6079546_350.png

Sunshine is just objectively pretty. Her soft sky primary and ivory secondary, both gentle shades of blue and yellow, contrast with each other nicely, being different, very soft, primary colors. Her iridescent sky in particular is nice because it gives her that built in white underbelly, which with her gembond is like getting two tertiary genes for the price of one. Her aqua gembond makes the predominant color strongly tilt towards blue, and it's close enough to sky, especially on her tail where the iridescent picks up a faintly greenish tint that makes them match, for them to really complement each other. Aqua's slightly greenish hue also makes it look good with her ivory secondary, since green contains a little yellow. Her greenish yellow wind eyes are a nice little final touch, since they almost match both her wings and her gembond, depending on how you're looking at her.
@mirrorstone
idk how far you got so far....? but i managed to figure out a few more things about Jordan that MIGHT help
(ignore this link if you're already writing)

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=art&id=1147122&page=4
@mirrorstone
idk how far you got so far....? but i managed to figure out a few more things about Jordan that MIGHT help
(ignore this link if you're already writing)

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=art&id=1147122&page=4
@MoonGoddess
Ah, thank you! I'm still in process of writing, so this is very helpful. I was planning to take the story in a direction that you specifically mention doesn't fit Jordan well, so I'm glad you pointed me to it.
@MoonGoddess
Ah, thank you! I'm still in process of writing, so this is very helpful. I was planning to take the story in a direction that you specifically mention doesn't fit Jordan well, so I'm glad you pointed me to it.
@Mirrorstone
@_@ glad that was able to help! @_@;
i'll try to update his profile tomorrow to prevent any further confusion for future writers... and i'm sorry if it made you have to rewrite a lot. ;;A;;
//hides
@Mirrorstone
@_@ glad that was able to help! @_@;
i'll try to update his profile tomorrow to prevent any further confusion for future writers... and i'm sorry if it made you have to rewrite a lot. ;;A;;
//hides
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80 81