Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | help on making a decent income
1 2
Hi! I've been playing FR for over a year now, but I've had a hard time finding a steady way to make a decent enough income to actually achieve the lair that I want (if you look at the wishlist on my profile, it's very clear that I'm not hitting anything), to the point that friends I have introduced to FR are better off than I am. I've always really enjoyed breeding and have several breeding pairs but no consistent theme, and I have had a hard time actually selling my hatchlings on the AH for more than 5g. Because of this, my only income is basically just the fairgrounds, which is alright; however, I only earn gems based on how many hatchlings I sell. I need some opinions on my current pairs and which ones I should price higher and how I should exactly advertise, considering that if I was to start a hatchery it'd be unthemed. A few of my dragons in the pairs I actually did have to buy some genes for, so it'd be helpful to get some tips on how to improve prices since my investment isn't equaling my reward at the minute. (Pairs can be found [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/620003/2183218/1?name=&type=undefined]here[/url], note that all of them have their partners linked in their biost) I'm also an artist, but my style is very cartoon-esque/styled and doesn't translate over onto skins at all. I haven't really made anything for FR, but here's a piece I made recently for an irl friend's raffle. (Small note that I made this on a program that I typically do not use and was really just experimenting with brushes.) [br][img]https://i.imgur.com/qfAgZQZ.png[/img] What should I do, if at all, to try to price my hatchlings higher or launch some kind of art shop?
Hi! I've been playing FR for over a year now, but I've had a hard time finding a steady way to make a decent enough income to actually achieve the lair that I want (if you look at the wishlist on my profile, it's very clear that I'm not hitting anything), to the point that friends I have introduced to FR are better off than I am.
I've always really enjoyed breeding and have several breeding pairs but no consistent theme, and I have had a hard time actually selling my hatchlings on the AH for more than 5g. Because of this, my only income is basically just the fairgrounds, which is alright; however, I only earn gems based on how many hatchlings I sell. I need some opinions on my current pairs and which ones I should price higher and how I should exactly advertise, considering that if I was to start a hatchery it'd be unthemed. A few of my dragons in the pairs I actually did have to buy some genes for, so it'd be helpful to get some tips on how to improve prices since my investment isn't equaling my reward at the minute. (Pairs can be found here, note that all of them have their partners linked in their biost)
I'm also an artist, but my style is very cartoon-esque/styled and doesn't translate over onto skins at all. I haven't really made anything for FR, but here's a piece I made recently for an irl friend's raffle. (Small note that I made this on a program that I typically do not use and was really just experimenting with brushes.)
qfAgZQZ.png
What should I do, if at all, to try to price my hatchlings higher or launch some kind of art shop?
ace.pngpan.png 9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
it's called do coli in history class

but i don't recommend a hatchery, it'll die if you don't have really popular theming or consistent pairs(which you don't have)

just get yourself a lvl 25 and also start an adopt shop or smth
it's called do coli in history class

but i don't recommend a hatchery, it'll die if you don't have really popular theming or consistent pairs(which you don't have)

just get yourself a lvl 25 and also start an adopt shop or smth
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
this is what I get for taking paper notes...

I don't believe I can afford a level 25, although I can try to continue grinding with my dragons, potentially? I've for sure aged out of any "newbie colli grinding help for free!" threads.

@Warbreaker any opinions on my pairs and their pricing, specifically?
this is what I get for taking paper notes...

I don't believe I can afford a level 25, although I can try to continue grinding with my dragons, potentially? I've for sure aged out of any "newbie colli grinding help for free!" threads.

@Warbreaker any opinions on my pairs and their pricing, specifically?
L paper noter

your breeding pairs have nice hatchlings for the most part, the problem is most of them are not super consistent color-wheel wise

also you're selling them for fodder price? there's absolutely no point to making the effort to have nice pairs if you're selling their hatches for 5g. i don't think you currently have the setup for a hatchery, but if you really want to try, up it to at least 15-20g to make the effort worth it.

if you're successful then you can sell them for more
L paper noter

your breeding pairs have nice hatchlings for the most part, the problem is most of them are not super consistent color-wheel wise

also you're selling them for fodder price? there's absolutely no point to making the effort to have nice pairs if you're selling their hatches for 5g. i don't think you currently have the setup for a hatchery, but if you really want to try, up it to at least 15-20g to make the effort worth it.

if you're successful then you can sell them for more
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
@LadyLilac

Here are a couple suggestions for you:

1. An art shop has a 50/50 chance of working. If your art looks great and it's reasonably priced (not too low ofc because you should never undervalue your art), you have a chance of getting a lot of customers. If your art looks "bad" (based on personal preference) you might never get any interest in your shop.

2. Baldwin. You can make genes like "skirk" or whatever else there is and sell them for 50-80k+ treasure (depending on how hard it is to make it and the demand) and gain around 30kt+ as profit. If you have no interest in actively doing this part, consider just occasionally melting items you have in your hoard.

Or.. let's say you're lower leveled but have the time to melt things (and want to do so.).. then, I'd recommend finding one of those "Looking for transmuters!" threads and melting a stack of materials/food/etc for them. You can make around 100-140+ gems or treasure.

The only problem is, it can take upwards to a week or two weeks depending on how often you check your cauldron.

2. Coliseum. My favourite option by far, but I digress. It's a good way to zone out and level up exalt fodder while also racking up stacks of food, materials and other items. You have chances of getting valuable items like boss familiars, the eliminate and berserker battle stones + eggs.

3. Fairgrounds. I personally refuse to use this part as I find it to be an absolute waste of time, but it's an option. If you have the patience, learn how to play glitter & gloom hard mode. Or Mostral Mahjong.

4. Sell your extra items and unwanted dragons using the sale forums on this site. Depending on what you're selling, someone's going to want it. It's a good idea to browse those forums every once in a whule to get an idea of what's in demand and what isn't. Or, you can just check the auction house and place all your items there.

5. Bond with yoyr familiars. I don't do this part, but it's an option. Every time you level up your familiar's trust rank/bond rank with you, you have a chance of getting a gilded (? Idk what its called) chest and you can either use thosd or sell them.

6. Rest out your nests to people who are willing to pay for them. Easy money, especially if you don't care about the nests you have.

7. Can be linked to point 3 (coliseum) but you can grind battles for people. They'll pay you a certain amount of money per battle (they also have their own ways of deciding how many battles they'll pay you for) and you usually give them the items you grinded for them, even if they might be worthless in your eyes.

They also sometimes have specific items they want and items they don't want, so it's all dependant on what that specific buyer wants.

8. Make your own "service" thread. Basically, you can offer to level up people's dragons for them, transmute materials for them or grind stuff for them. Pretty simple tbh.

9. Cry and pray to the dragon gods that they'll help you.

----

What methods do I personally recommend?

- Coliseum. Specifically leveling, exalting fodder and selling your extra materials for treasure or gems.

- Baldwin. You'd be surprised by how many people are interested in genes.

- Stalking forum threads and the auction house. You could become a sniper who buys cheap items and re-sells them at a higher price. This annoys some people, but ah well. If it works, it works.

- Art shop. That is, if people are interested in your art and willing to pay for it. A good method for gauging interest is making a thread in the art forum and asking people if they'd buy it or not. If you're adamant on having one of these, keep on improving your art and occasionally ask if people would buy it.

- Renting out your nest. It's easy money. I usually don't do it because my lair spave is taken up by exalt fodder. I seriously would recommend looking into this one. It can add up quickly.

----

If you want to know more about something specific, just let me know and I'll elaborate.
@LadyLilac

Here are a couple suggestions for you:

1. An art shop has a 50/50 chance of working. If your art looks great and it's reasonably priced (not too low ofc because you should never undervalue your art), you have a chance of getting a lot of customers. If your art looks "bad" (based on personal preference) you might never get any interest in your shop.

2. Baldwin. You can make genes like "skirk" or whatever else there is and sell them for 50-80k+ treasure (depending on how hard it is to make it and the demand) and gain around 30kt+ as profit. If you have no interest in actively doing this part, consider just occasionally melting items you have in your hoard.

Or.. let's say you're lower leveled but have the time to melt things (and want to do so.).. then, I'd recommend finding one of those "Looking for transmuters!" threads and melting a stack of materials/food/etc for them. You can make around 100-140+ gems or treasure.

The only problem is, it can take upwards to a week or two weeks depending on how often you check your cauldron.

2. Coliseum. My favourite option by far, but I digress. It's a good way to zone out and level up exalt fodder while also racking up stacks of food, materials and other items. You have chances of getting valuable items like boss familiars, the eliminate and berserker battle stones + eggs.

3. Fairgrounds. I personally refuse to use this part as I find it to be an absolute waste of time, but it's an option. If you have the patience, learn how to play glitter & gloom hard mode. Or Mostral Mahjong.

4. Sell your extra items and unwanted dragons using the sale forums on this site. Depending on what you're selling, someone's going to want it. It's a good idea to browse those forums every once in a whule to get an idea of what's in demand and what isn't. Or, you can just check the auction house and place all your items there.

5. Bond with yoyr familiars. I don't do this part, but it's an option. Every time you level up your familiar's trust rank/bond rank with you, you have a chance of getting a gilded (? Idk what its called) chest and you can either use thosd or sell them.

6. Rest out your nests to people who are willing to pay for them. Easy money, especially if you don't care about the nests you have.

7. Can be linked to point 3 (coliseum) but you can grind battles for people. They'll pay you a certain amount of money per battle (they also have their own ways of deciding how many battles they'll pay you for) and you usually give them the items you grinded for them, even if they might be worthless in your eyes.

They also sometimes have specific items they want and items they don't want, so it's all dependant on what that specific buyer wants.

8. Make your own "service" thread. Basically, you can offer to level up people's dragons for them, transmute materials for them or grind stuff for them. Pretty simple tbh.

9. Cry and pray to the dragon gods that they'll help you.

----

What methods do I personally recommend?

- Coliseum. Specifically leveling, exalting fodder and selling your extra materials for treasure or gems.

- Baldwin. You'd be surprised by how many people are interested in genes.

- Stalking forum threads and the auction house. You could become a sniper who buys cheap items and re-sells them at a higher price. This annoys some people, but ah well. If it works, it works.

- Art shop. That is, if people are interested in your art and willing to pay for it. A good method for gauging interest is making a thread in the art forum and asking people if they'd buy it or not. If you're adamant on having one of these, keep on improving your art and occasionally ask if people would buy it.

- Renting out your nest. It's easy money. I usually don't do it because my lair spave is taken up by exalt fodder. I seriously would recommend looking into this one. It can add up quickly.

----

If you want to know more about something specific, just let me know and I'll elaborate.
rsz-2img-1151.png
@Claudiaan Thank you so much! I'll for sure consider renting out my nests since I usually leave at least 8 lair spots open just for hatchlings. Which category would I find a thread for that in?
@Claudiaan Thank you so much! I'll for sure consider renting out my nests since I usually leave at least 8 lair spots open just for hatchlings. Which category would I find a thread for that in?
@Ladylilac

You'd find them in the "Items for sale" thread!

An example of one is this one right here by Peyp.
@Ladylilac

You'd find them in the "Items for sale" thread!

An example of one is this one right here by Peyp.
rsz-2img-1151.png
Most of your pairs don't exactly appear to produce the most desirable of hatchlings in my opinion, they mostly look like what I'd find at the fodder floor. That being said, having a lot of hatchlings is still good because that's free exalt fodder. If you level to level six or seven, that's a nice 9-11kT per dragon.

Even if you think your account is too old for free leveled dragon threads, I'd still check them out in case they'd be open to helping you. I also know people offer rental services for leveled dragons, which may be cheaper than buying a pre-leveled dragon. Some flights also offer rental dragons as part of their DOM events, so I'd check your in-flight forum. If you rent a two-fodder Mire trainer, you could train one of your dragons to level 25 while using the other open slot to level fodder.

Most of your pairs don't exactly appear to produce the most desirable of hatchlings in my opinion, they mostly look like what I'd find at the fodder floor. That being said, having a lot of hatchlings is still good because that's free exalt fodder. If you level to level six or seven, that's a nice 9-11kT per dragon.

Even if you think your account is too old for free leveled dragon threads, I'd still check them out in case they'd be open to helping you. I also know people offer rental services for leveled dragons, which may be cheaper than buying a pre-leveled dragon. Some flights also offer rental dragons as part of their DOM events, so I'd check your in-flight forum. If you rent a two-fodder Mire trainer, you could train one of your dragons to level 25 while using the other open slot to level fodder.

- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
(My sentences are short because my keyboard is a mess and I have to fix almost every word.)

I have a very expensive skin & accent habit.
This is what I do to make cash/gems to feed that habit.
It's a lot to do and it might not be what others so, but it works for me
  1. Glimmer & Gloom "Hard" = 75000t in 15 min. (on a iPad) - PM me for a guide if you can't find one.
  2. I buy Fodder at 5-7g or 5000-7000t, train/exalt to Level 6 = about 9500 to 10500 t (Check with Ice Dom to see if they have a Lvl 25 lending service for a Mire Trainer, train up your own and maybe a trio of farmers)(Maki's Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds). Then you can return the loaner and you're good to go.)
  3. I trade treasure for gems at Currency Exchange Hub [1:1000]
  4. I bond with my familiars every day & sell chests.
  5. I sell all drops that I don't need for den expansion or genes/apparel I want. If the AH price is 1-2g, I transmute at Baldwins
  6. I breed pretty dragons with close colors. The prettiest go on the AH for 15-25g depending on how they look. I keep the rest. When those grow up, train & exalt. The pretty ones on the AH stay there until I need the room and then train & exalt like the others. I tried a hatchery. It was too much work for the return.
  7. For the week before and during a festival I use my gathering turns to dig fornnn what I need for that festival.
  8. For 2 weeks after a festival I use my gathering turns to scavenge for eggs.

I hope. that helps.

(My sentences are short because my keyboard is a mess and I have to fix almost every word.)

I have a very expensive skin & accent habit.
This is what I do to make cash/gems to feed that habit.
It's a lot to do and it might not be what others so, but it works for me
  1. Glimmer & Gloom "Hard" = 75000t in 15 min. (on a iPad) - PM me for a guide if you can't find one.
  2. I buy Fodder at 5-7g or 5000-7000t, train/exalt to Level 6 = about 9500 to 10500 t (Check with Ice Dom to see if they have a Lvl 25 lending service for a Mire Trainer, train up your own and maybe a trio of farmers)(Maki's Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds). Then you can return the loaner and you're good to go.)
  3. I trade treasure for gems at Currency Exchange Hub [1:1000]
  4. I bond with my familiars every day & sell chests.
  5. I sell all drops that I don't need for den expansion or genes/apparel I want. If the AH price is 1-2g, I transmute at Baldwins
  6. I breed pretty dragons with close colors. The prettiest go on the AH for 15-25g depending on how they look. I keep the rest. When those grow up, train & exalt. The pretty ones on the AH stay there until I need the room and then train & exalt like the others. I tried a hatchery. It was too much work for the return.
  7. For the week before and during a festival I use my gathering turns to dig fornnn what I need for that festival.
  8. For 2 weeks after a festival I use my gathering turns to scavenge for eggs.

I hope. that helps.

Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
I earn 75kT in the fairgrounds in 10-15m from G/G.

Selling stacks of food @ LAH does a good job as well. (From Coli + gathering)

Selling Hibden and Swipp can sometimes price quite good if you find the right item.

Levelling and exalting fodder turns a nice profit, especially if fodder are self-bred.

Selling art depends on your art style and prices. For the art piece you showed, price no more than 500g, and keep lowering until people are willing to buy. But don’t lower it past the point it won’t be worth your time anymore. (~150g)

Selling UMAs you’re no longer interested in (or make your own UMAs)

Be careful about Baldwin because the individual materials used to make expensive genes/specialty might actually be more profitable than the finished product.

That said, you can also rent out your Baldwin. Selling stack transmuting services is much more desired than lending (as it is often done for free) Not sure if transmuting yourself is more worth the money though.

Rent out your nest for 5g/kT.

Selling dragons is subjective. If there’s no interest in them, they’re fodder.

During festivals, sell fest currency earned from gathering and Baldwin. Additionally, people are interested in paying for Joxar crates since each user can only buy one of each. I also buy extras of fest items I think will sell well in the future.

Get as many strange chests and eggs during NOTN. You can sell them or open them to try get eggs.

Hatcheries should only be done out of passion, never profit, because it won’t profit you equally in the effort you put in.
I earn 75kT in the fairgrounds in 10-15m from G/G.

Selling stacks of food @ LAH does a good job as well. (From Coli + gathering)

Selling Hibden and Swipp can sometimes price quite good if you find the right item.

Levelling and exalting fodder turns a nice profit, especially if fodder are self-bred.

Selling art depends on your art style and prices. For the art piece you showed, price no more than 500g, and keep lowering until people are willing to buy. But don’t lower it past the point it won’t be worth your time anymore. (~150g)

Selling UMAs you’re no longer interested in (or make your own UMAs)

Be careful about Baldwin because the individual materials used to make expensive genes/specialty might actually be more profitable than the finished product.

That said, you can also rent out your Baldwin. Selling stack transmuting services is much more desired than lending (as it is often done for free) Not sure if transmuting yourself is more worth the money though.

Rent out your nest for 5g/kT.

Selling dragons is subjective. If there’s no interest in them, they’re fodder.

During festivals, sell fest currency earned from gathering and Baldwin. Additionally, people are interested in paying for Joxar crates since each user can only buy one of each. I also buy extras of fest items I think will sell well in the future.

Get as many strange chests and eggs during NOTN. You can sell them or open them to try get eggs.

Hatcheries should only be done out of passion, never profit, because it won’t profit you equally in the effort you put in.
Sales
93287172.png
/G1s & Sales!93298253.png Cv6WIk6.png
IvkG1o9.png
rUoKR6y.png
WKtl2lb.png
XpItLfB.png
aaUHYLp.png
a6iF89J.png
kBHm00y.png
loimysO.png
YMPbu9R.png