Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | least injurous way to grind coli?
Anyone with RSI/carpal tunnel issues figure out a way to get coliseum drops without triggering massive injury/pain? Any different between mouse/pc or touchscreen/mobile?

I just want the same goodies as people without crap wrists but the drop rates on everything are so low ;v;
Anyone with RSI/carpal tunnel issues figure out a way to get coliseum drops without triggering massive injury/pain? Any different between mouse/pc or touchscreen/mobile?

I just want the same goodies as people without crap wrists but the drop rates on everything are so low ;v;
@acegallifreya on pc you can use keyboard for playing, which may reduce the strain, but thats pretty much it. only sure way to avoid issues is to not play for extended periods, and take frequent breaks to stretch hands.
@acegallifreya on pc you can use keyboard for playing, which may reduce the strain, but thats pretty much it. only sure way to avoid issues is to not play for extended periods, and take frequent breaks to stretch hands.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
yeah i probably need to stay away from it. which makes it hard to get literally anything of value in this game but oh well.
yeah i probably need to stay away from it. which makes it hard to get literally anything of value in this game but oh well.
honestly i wish they would increase drop rates and just limit the number of coliseum turns you can have daily to get drop rewards (but maybe not dragon XP), sort of like gathering turns. It would go a long way to evening the playing field for people who have disabilities
honestly i wish they would increase drop rates and just limit the number of coliseum turns you can have daily to get drop rewards (but maybe not dragon XP), sort of like gathering turns. It would go a long way to evening the playing field for people who have disabilities
Personally what I do to avoid hurting myself with coli, short of avoiding coli altogether, is to switch between PC with keyboard controls and a device with touchscreen controls (ipad or mobile, mobile preferred because smaller screen hurts my hand less- less big movements) and interchange between those. That way I can switch which hand is doing most the work. (I tend to lean more towards keyboard anyway because I'm right hand dominant so that wrist usually sees more use just from day-to-day activities on top of other gaming platforms that are less forgiving. I like my videogames.... lol)

Obviously this isn't gonna work for everyone because depending on the keyboard the controls might be too tricky to use or you might not even have the luxury of having multiple devices.

Other than that.... Lots and lots of breaks. Only go a couple minutes at a time, remember to stretch. Y'know. The usual. That's all I can think of.
Personally what I do to avoid hurting myself with coli, short of avoiding coli altogether, is to switch between PC with keyboard controls and a device with touchscreen controls (ipad or mobile, mobile preferred because smaller screen hurts my hand less- less big movements) and interchange between those. That way I can switch which hand is doing most the work. (I tend to lean more towards keyboard anyway because I'm right hand dominant so that wrist usually sees more use just from day-to-day activities on top of other gaming platforms that are less forgiving. I like my videogames.... lol)

Obviously this isn't gonna work for everyone because depending on the keyboard the controls might be too tricky to use or you might not even have the luxury of having multiple devices.

Other than that.... Lots and lots of breaks. Only go a couple minutes at a time, remember to stretch. Y'know. The usual. That's all I can think of.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
to avoid flares, i use my non-dominant hand for the keybinds, and i do a daily series of forearm and hand stretches designed for artists/people who work with their hands a lot.

it would be soooo cool if there was an option to hook up a game controller for ergonomic's sake, but in my understanding that is against TOS...
to avoid flares, i use my non-dominant hand for the keybinds, and i do a daily series of forearm and hand stretches designed for artists/people who work with their hands a lot.

it would be soooo cool if there was an option to hook up a game controller for ergonomic's sake, but in my understanding that is against TOS...
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
I once heard of someone using an art tablet so maybe try that if you have one? Personally mobile coli I find helpful if my wrist starts to hurt.
I once heard of someone using an art tablet so maybe try that if you have one? Personally mobile coli I find helpful if my wrist starts to hurt.
I will put something here eventually.
I personally use my iPad and Apple Pencil to grind, usually with good support for my arm like a pillow or plushy I can go for quite a while without pain, I also find it goes a little faster than coli grinding on desktop.
I personally use my iPad and Apple Pencil to grind, usually with good support for my arm like a pillow or plushy I can go for quite a while without pain, I also find it goes a little faster than coli grinding on desktop.
Giant Lilypad Cedar Logs Flute Snakeskin Garden Lace
While I don't have any of these issues so I can't say for sure if it helps.

Using a mouse with high sesitivity to use less wrist movement.

Using a drawing tablet with atleast 4 buttons, you can keybind the buttons used for scratch, eliminate and 2-3 packs A,E,Q,W. So far I've tried using toes, heels and sliding my palm across the buttons and it works.

You can rest a part your body while getting a bit more coli time, but legs and arms uses big movements so not something you should do without breaks or longer periods of time

While I don't have any of these issues so I can't say for sure if it helps.

Using a mouse with high sesitivity to use less wrist movement.

Using a drawing tablet with atleast 4 buttons, you can keybind the buttons used for scratch, eliminate and 2-3 packs A,E,Q,W. So far I've tried using toes, heels and sliding my palm across the buttons and it works.

You can rest a part your body while getting a bit more coli time, but legs and arms uses big movements so not something you should do without breaks or longer periods of time

ImMJGPh.pngG1's for Sale
When my wrist begins to hurt, I change to pianist hands, lifting my forearms to change the angle of my wrists. It seems to get better if my wrists are either at the same level as the back of my hand or just slightly higher and if my fingers are curved. When I get tired of that, I go back to letting my wrists rest on my MacBook. But I understand that this doesn't work for everyone. [quote]Pianists who play with flat fingers put too much pressure on the wrists to do the work. Playing that way for even a short period of time becomes painful. It’s important pianists play with a natural curve that allows the weight to be distributed equally through the arm and shoulders. [/quote] Also, this links: [url]https://www.pianoemporium.com/piano-playing-and-preventing-carpal-tunnel-syndrome/#:~:text=Wrist%20Position%20and%20Posture&text=The%20ideal%20wrist%20position%20to,position%20for%20playing%20the%20piano![/url] (scroll down to the pic of the piano keys) Oh, and I use my iPad and a finger sometimes, though after using the keyboard that seems so slow. I also work in breaks in between each round of leveling up fodder by naming only 2-4 fodder at a time so that I have to go back and name 2-4 more before going back to leveling. I also check for low-priced fodder at that time. Those things I have to do with a mouse, giving my keyboard hand a break. I am usually also watching TV, and when I look up so actually see the screen, I have to stop keyboarding, forcing another break. I hope you find something that works for you!
When my wrist begins to hurt, I change to pianist hands, lifting my forearms to change the angle of my wrists. It seems to get better if my wrists are either at the same level as the back of my hand or just slightly higher and if my fingers are curved. When I get tired of that, I go back to letting my wrists rest on my MacBook. But I understand that this doesn't work for everyone.
Quote:
Pianists who play with flat fingers put too much pressure on the wrists to do the work. Playing that way for even a short period of time becomes painful. It’s important pianists play with a natural curve that allows the weight to be distributed equally through the arm and shoulders.

Also, this links:
https://www.pianoemporium.com/piano-playing-and-preventing-carpal-tunnel-syndrome/#:~:text=Wrist%20Position%20and%20Posture&text=The%20ideal%20wrist%20position%20to,position%20for%20playing%20the%20piano! (scroll down to the pic of the piano keys)

Oh, and I use my iPad and a finger sometimes, though after using the keyboard that seems so slow.

I also work in breaks in between each round of leveling up fodder by naming only 2-4 fodder at a time so that I have to go back and name 2-4 more before going back to leveling. I also check for low-priced fodder at that time. Those things I have to do with a mouse, giving my keyboard hand a break. I am usually also watching TV, and when I look up so actually see the screen, I have to stop keyboarding, forcing another break.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable