Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Skin/accent making tips!
I'm looking to get into making skins and accents soon and I'd like to know any tips and stuff! Things like selling, getting my name out there ect.

I know pricing for skins is usually 800g but I'm not sure how to get people to buy and what people like right now! Any tips at all would be appreciated! ^^
I'm looking to get into making skins and accents soon and I'd like to know any tips and stuff! Things like selling, getting my name out there ect.

I know pricing for skins is usually 800g but I'm not sure how to get people to buy and what people like right now! Any tips at all would be appreciated! ^^
0-E43-FD98-45-F3-458-F-BA69-9-D38-E5032961.png
@RealityMask
I've not run an accent shop before, but here's some tips I can offer from a business perspective:

Firstly, here's a rather old guide on how to make an accent shop if you'd like tips on that.

Second, here are some tips when running your shop:

- Make your thread look nice! Presentation does help.
- Ping the G.A.S.P pinglist when you release preorders/public buys of your accents and skins. Make sure you create a pinglist with the correct parameters so you don't ping anyone who you shouldn't.
- If you're looking for what to make, then browse the Skins & Accents board. See what breeds and trends are popular.

Don't go in expecting to make a huge profit immediately. The brand name can matter a ton in the buying and selling world. Just keep an open mind!

Lastly, I'd recommend participating in festival skin contests. If your skin/accent wins, then your name is out there on an official site item. If your skin/accent loses, that's not the end of the world! Some people do end up printing their festival rejects themselves.

These are solely my opinion, so others may feel differently. You also don't have to follow all of my advice listed here, though I hope I helped some!

Good luck!
@RealityMask
I've not run an accent shop before, but here's some tips I can offer from a business perspective:

Firstly, here's a rather old guide on how to make an accent shop if you'd like tips on that.

Second, here are some tips when running your shop:

- Make your thread look nice! Presentation does help.
- Ping the G.A.S.P pinglist when you release preorders/public buys of your accents and skins. Make sure you create a pinglist with the correct parameters so you don't ping anyone who you shouldn't.
- If you're looking for what to make, then browse the Skins & Accents board. See what breeds and trends are popular.

Don't go in expecting to make a huge profit immediately. The brand name can matter a ton in the buying and selling world. Just keep an open mind!

Lastly, I'd recommend participating in festival skin contests. If your skin/accent wins, then your name is out there on an official site item. If your skin/accent loses, that's not the end of the world! Some people do end up printing their festival rejects themselves.

These are solely my opinion, so others may feel differently. You also don't have to follow all of my advice listed here, though I hope I helped some!

Good luck!
fo11Vhp.png