Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Why're gem prices so low?
1 2
Just got back from two months offsite and am cycling some cash into gems. Before I left, in June, gems were going for up to 1050 per, and now I'm seeing prices from 890 to 925. Did something nice cycle out of the gem MP, or is treasure more valuable now that Joxar's Spare Inventory has debuted?
Just got back from two months offsite and am cycling some cash into gems. Before I left, in June, gems were going for up to 1050 per, and now I'm seeing prices from 890 to 925. Did something nice cycle out of the gem MP, or is treasure more valuable now that Joxar's Spare Inventory has debuted?
windh4.png
Treasure is just a bit more asked for right now. There were no big gem additions but some cool new treasure stuf.
Treasure is just a bit more asked for right now. There were no big gem additions but some cool new treasure stuf.
@Ismaiel

Okay, thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an opportunity before I switched.
@Ismaiel

Okay, thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an opportunity before I switched.
windh4.png
Someone also ended up while everyone was selling for 1050 to buy 50k or so worth of gems and sell them for 800 each, they stated they purposely wanted to bring down the price.

Honestly I think Gems should at least be at 1:1000 since there should be some profit for those who do buy gems with RL money.

It can hurt the actual site developers if gem to treasure falls too low because people will see it as non profitable to buy with real cash that supports the site. Though I think it'll likely end up going back up eventually.
Someone also ended up while everyone was selling for 1050 to buy 50k or so worth of gems and sell them for 800 each, they stated they purposely wanted to bring down the price.

Honestly I think Gems should at least be at 1:1000 since there should be some profit for those who do buy gems with RL money.

It can hurt the actual site developers if gem to treasure falls too low because people will see it as non profitable to buy with real cash that supports the site. Though I think it'll likely end up going back up eventually.
kohakubanner3_by_vero_al_cuore-dbdzw9m.png
@Zannanana

Um, I did get my answer three weeks ago. Thanks for the additional info, though.
@Zannanana

Um, I did get my answer three weeks ago. Thanks for the additional info, though.
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom

Oh LOL my bad! Didn't realize the date of the posts.
@WyvernVenom

Oh LOL my bad! Didn't realize the date of the posts.
@Zannanana By the way the startin ratio for gem to treasure was 1:80. One to 1000 is way too hight. I havn't been buying gems from players since they raised the price over 700 - gems are not worth that much for me I can manage in other ways.

So basically the people profiting off of others while throwing around their riches to FR will loose out if they go too high and people are not willing to buy anymore.

That is how a free market works and any static ratio would hurt the site more than the free marktet will.
@Zannanana By the way the startin ratio for gem to treasure was 1:80. One to 1000 is way too hight. I havn't been buying gems from players since they raised the price over 700 - gems are not worth that much for me I can manage in other ways.

So basically the people profiting off of others while throwing around their riches to FR will loose out if they go too high and people are not willing to buy anymore.

That is how a free market works and any static ratio would hurt the site more than the free marktet will.
@Ismaiel

That's surprising that it was once at 1:80, I'm curious how the gem sales were back then. I wasn't playing of course so I have no idea the look of the market. Although I cannot imagine someone spending 25 dollars or so for something worth 200k like an unhatched egg or one xxy opal.

You would make $10 worth in the 25-40 minutes of Fairgrounds at that ratio so I can't imagine the site getting much USD back then unless a player made $10 in half in hour in Real Life to match how much they can make in fairgrounds.
@Ismaiel

That's surprising that it was once at 1:80, I'm curious how the gem sales were back then. I wasn't playing of course so I have no idea the look of the market. Although I cannot imagine someone spending 25 dollars or so for something worth 200k like an unhatched egg or one xxy opal.

You would make $10 worth in the 25-40 minutes of Fairgrounds at that ratio so I can't imagine the site getting much USD back then unless a player made $10 in half in hour in Real Life to match how much they can make in fairgrounds.
@Zannanana

Back then fairground had extremely low payout and treasure was much rarer to come by.

I can't imagine spending 20 dollars on gems at all - not because of any ratio but by what the SITE itselfs offers up for that amout - basically you only need gems for skinmaking and for genes (which were a must back then too since all dragons start out basic so there were no gened dragons around at all unless someone allready had bought genes for them)

Fully geneing a dragon with gem genes takes 1500+1200+1200 = 3900 gems - that is 39 bucks worth of gems. This doesn't even a breedchange scroll (2000 gems). You'd need to pay 59$ for one dragon. Sorry.. But this is like the most pricy pet game of the internet. If it wasn't giving out free gems to all players regularly I would have quit a long time ago.

I really have never paid more than 15$ on a half customized pet anywhere before. Never more than 20 on a fully customized. I'm not gonna start here on FR.

59$ get me food for a whole month. Think about it if you buy gems next time. XD This silly game could feed a person with the amout of gems needed for a single dragon. I bet it the actual payout (meaning USD to gem conversion) was better more people would buy thando right now.

I don't think gem sales depend at all on the treasure ratio since gems don't go bad at all. At worst the people that can buy gems but don't wanna play the game to get treasure have to wait a bit to get a better course.
@Zannanana

Back then fairground had extremely low payout and treasure was much rarer to come by.

I can't imagine spending 20 dollars on gems at all - not because of any ratio but by what the SITE itselfs offers up for that amout - basically you only need gems for skinmaking and for genes (which were a must back then too since all dragons start out basic so there were no gened dragons around at all unless someone allready had bought genes for them)

Fully geneing a dragon with gem genes takes 1500+1200+1200 = 3900 gems - that is 39 bucks worth of gems. This doesn't even a breedchange scroll (2000 gems). You'd need to pay 59$ for one dragon. Sorry.. But this is like the most pricy pet game of the internet. If it wasn't giving out free gems to all players regularly I would have quit a long time ago.

I really have never paid more than 15$ on a half customized pet anywhere before. Never more than 20 on a fully customized. I'm not gonna start here on FR.

59$ get me food for a whole month. Think about it if you buy gems next time. XD This silly game could feed a person with the amout of gems needed for a single dragon. I bet it the actual payout (meaning USD to gem conversion) was better more people would buy thando right now.

I don't think gem sales depend at all on the treasure ratio since gems don't go bad at all. At worst the people that can buy gems but don't wanna play the game to get treasure have to wait a bit to get a better course.
@Ismaiel

I agree, I know there are some people who spend hundreds on this game and sadly that happens with many games, sites or video games. But any amount of money toward games is that, it's all taking money into a digital world.

Although if people spend 5 bucks every blue moon and I don't think it's terrible. It's still their entertainment. Even those who spend 50 or more a month and I'd rather they spend it on a game than people with addictive nature spending 100s on drugs.

I've always been curious how much the site makes though but I doubt they will brag about it XD

This is my first pet game and I've only been playing for 4 months or so I'm very nooby on the usual forte for them.
@Ismaiel

I agree, I know there are some people who spend hundreds on this game and sadly that happens with many games, sites or video games. But any amount of money toward games is that, it's all taking money into a digital world.

Although if people spend 5 bucks every blue moon and I don't think it's terrible. It's still their entertainment. Even those who spend 50 or more a month and I'd rather they spend it on a game than people with addictive nature spending 100s on drugs.

I've always been curious how much the site makes though but I doubt they will brag about it XD

This is my first pet game and I've only been playing for 4 months or so I'm very nooby on the usual forte for them.
1 2