Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Getting internet exp. to work with FR?
Sorry if this has been asked or answered before

Basically: im playing FR on my mom's computer and I'm not allowed to download chrome or anything else, so I'm stuck with internet explorer. However, to no ones surprise, IE sucks and FR will randomly freeze and I have to close out the browser and reopen it, amongst other annoying but not as disruptive problems involving lag

any solutions? I am no computer whiz, so sorry if this is a silly question ;v;

edit: for further clarification, randomly FR will freeze and say 'it has stopped due to a long running script' and the only solution is to close the whole browser and reopen it
Sorry if this has been asked or answered before

Basically: im playing FR on my mom's computer and I'm not allowed to download chrome or anything else, so I'm stuck with internet explorer. However, to no ones surprise, IE sucks and FR will randomly freeze and I have to close out the browser and reopen it, amongst other annoying but not as disruptive problems involving lag

any solutions? I am no computer whiz, so sorry if this is a silly question ;v;

edit: for further clarification, randomly FR will freeze and say 'it has stopped due to a long running script' and the only solution is to close the whole browser and reopen it
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
@GlassGuts

You can temporarily download chrome without administrator privileges. Might be worth a go? I do it on the computers at my uni since they only have IE.
@GlassGuts

You can temporarily download chrome without administrator privileges. Might be worth a go? I do it on the computers at my uni since they only have IE.
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE
Not even Microsoft supports IE anymore - it's being phased out for Edge.

But yeah, IE is outdated, now. D: Not much you can do
Not even Microsoft supports IE anymore - it's being phased out for Edge.

But yeah, IE is outdated, now. D: Not much you can do
@xanswerxthatx @Sopheroo
Ahh i would download chrome temporarily, but my mom uses the computer for work and her company monitors it. So I don't want them to chastise her for downloading it rip. Why do older people still put up with IE @_@
Thanks for the input tho! I suppose I'll just suck it up and put up with it for now, better than no computer after all
@xanswerxthatx @Sopheroo
Ahh i would download chrome temporarily, but my mom uses the computer for work and her company monitors it. So I don't want them to chastise her for downloading it rip. Why do older people still put up with IE @_@
Thanks for the input tho! I suppose I'll just suck it up and put up with it for now, better than no computer after all
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
@GlassGuts
Not to point out the obvious. If they're monitoring the computer/use, wouldn't they also be questioning the use of this site?

As it's a temporary download, they're not going to see it on a desktop as it would be removed on logout/restart.

But, you could ask your mom to take it into work and ask her company to put chrome/firefox on it. I know my mom has a work laptop, and if she says to IT, she wants something on it, they're likely to do it if it's something reasonable.
@GlassGuts
Not to point out the obvious. If they're monitoring the computer/use, wouldn't they also be questioning the use of this site?

As it's a temporary download, they're not going to see it on a desktop as it would be removed on logout/restart.

But, you could ask your mom to take it into work and ask her company to put chrome/firefox on it. I know my mom has a work laptop, and if she says to IT, she wants something on it, they're likely to do it if it's something reasonable.
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE