Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | (solved, thank you!)
So I thought that Paint would support PSD but apparently not. So I downloaded Sai and have tried to open the file with sai, but it keeps trying to download with pant. I want to download it with Sai though.....
Yes I deleted the initial download of the psd files
Help?
So I thought that Paint would support PSD but apparently not. So I downloaded Sai and have tried to open the file with sai, but it keeps trying to download with pant. I want to download it with Sai though.....
Yes I deleted the initial download of the psd files
Help?
@ProudMomof1

Files are downloaded by your browser, not by other software. You didn't have to delete the file.

If you would like to try again, download the file once more, and then right click it and choose "Open with" from the right click menu. Sai might not be on the initial list of programs that is displayed, so you will have to look for it in the next box that comes up.

However, if you only have the official trial version of Sai, you will be unable to save the file. I strongly recommend using an alternative program.
@ProudMomof1

Files are downloaded by your browser, not by other software. You didn't have to delete the file.

If you would like to try again, download the file once more, and then right click it and choose "Open with" from the right click menu. Sai might not be on the initial list of programs that is displayed, so you will have to look for it in the next box that comes up.

However, if you only have the official trial version of Sai, you will be unable to save the file. I strongly recommend using an alternative program.
Please ping me (@Ingrid) when replying to me!
@Ingrid
That's the problem. I don't have the "open with" option.
Which program do you suggest? It'd have to be free bc I can't pay for anthing
@Ingrid
That's the problem. I don't have the "open with" option.
Which program do you suggest? It'd have to be free bc I can't pay for anthing
@ProudMomof1

What does your right click menu look like, then? There should be some option to open the file with something other than your default image program.

This isn't exactly my area of expertise, as I have never tried to make a skin or accent before, but I would gently and politely suggest doing a little more research before you attempt this endeavor. in any case, as it costs gems to buy the blueprint. Maybe commission an artist from the Creative Corner to produce the accent for you, if your end goal is only to have an accent, and not to have the experience of making and selling the item.

If you still want to try, Paint(.)Net can open .psd files, and it is free: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
@ProudMomof1

What does your right click menu look like, then? There should be some option to open the file with something other than your default image program.

This isn't exactly my area of expertise, as I have never tried to make a skin or accent before, but I would gently and politely suggest doing a little more research before you attempt this endeavor. in any case, as it costs gems to buy the blueprint. Maybe commission an artist from the Creative Corner to produce the accent for you, if your end goal is only to have an accent, and not to have the experience of making and selling the item.

If you still want to try, Paint(.)Net can open .psd files, and it is free: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
It had an option to either open up with something I already had or it could find something on internet or something to open it with. I chose the former.
Now my options are "Open, cut, copy, delete, Properties".

I've got gems (birthday gift). I was hoping to open up my own shop and make somewhat of a little profit, though I need more research into that...

Thank you for helping~
It had an option to either open up with something I already had or it could find something on internet or something to open it with. I chose the former.
Now my options are "Open, cut, copy, delete, Properties".

I've got gems (birthday gift). I was hoping to open up my own shop and make somewhat of a little profit, though I need more research into that...

Thank you for helping~
@ProudMomof1

Hey now, you don't have to walk away just yet! It's the second option that I'm talking about, that's going to let you search for and choose a program your computer already has.

Definitely do the research, but you don't necessarily have to put your idea on the shelf. I just want you to understand that it takes a lot of work and skill to make and sell skins and accents. You're going to have to make sure that you have the necessary skills to use your chosen program and actually produce the accent, and you're also going to have to attract the interest of other users who want to buy your work before it is published, to make sure you're profiting on your investment.

Something like this usually starts before actually making the accent. It's a better idea to generate a fanbase by establishing yourself as an artist on the site first. You have a better chance of selling copies of your accent to people who are already fans of your work.
@ProudMomof1

Hey now, you don't have to walk away just yet! It's the second option that I'm talking about, that's going to let you search for and choose a program your computer already has.

Definitely do the research, but you don't necessarily have to put your idea on the shelf. I just want you to understand that it takes a lot of work and skill to make and sell skins and accents. You're going to have to make sure that you have the necessary skills to use your chosen program and actually produce the accent, and you're also going to have to attract the interest of other users who want to buy your work before it is published, to make sure you're profiting on your investment.

Something like this usually starts before actually making the accent. It's a better idea to generate a fanbase by establishing yourself as an artist on the site first. You have a better chance of selling copies of your accent to people who are already fans of your work.
@ProudMomof1

At some point you set the default program used to open .psd files as Paint. All you need to do is change the default to SAI. If you do not know how to change your default program, google your operating system and Change Default Program.

Basic directions for Windows:

Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.
Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
Click Change program.

Also, here's a guide to opening up an accent shop:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1403397

Hope this helps!
@ProudMomof1

At some point you set the default program used to open .psd files as Paint. All you need to do is change the default to SAI. If you do not know how to change your default program, google your operating system and Change Default Program.

Basic directions for Windows:

Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.
Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
Click Change program.

Also, here's a guide to opening up an accent shop:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1403397

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Ingrid
Thank you for the advice. I'm not much of an artist, and it'll be awhile before I have any skin accent up. Have to warm up first :)

@Nightwind
Thank you for the help! ^^
@Ingrid
Thank you for the advice. I'm not much of an artist, and it'll be awhile before I have any skin accent up. Have to warm up first :)

@Nightwind
Thank you for the help! ^^