Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Bump rules
I was thinking of posting a loong suggestion, and someone suggested I title it simply [WIP] while I worked on it, letting it sink back through the pages until I was done. However, this would mean that when I was done I'd have to bump it back up. Is bumping allowed in the Suggestions forum?
I was thinking of posting a loong suggestion, and someone suggested I title it simply [WIP] while I worked on it, letting it sink back through the pages until I was done. However, this would mean that when I was done I'd have to bump it back up. Is bumping allowed in the Suggestions forum?
windh4.png
I think you can bump once a day for most areas.
I forget which sales forum you can bump as many times as you want per day.
@WyvernVenom

edit: sorry, I take that back, I read this in the suggestions forum
Quote:
Do not bump threads in discussion forums. This includes but is not limited to:

“Up”, “bump”, “to the top!”, “^”, etc.
Bumping a thread and deleting the post that bumped it (“ghost-bumping”)
The following forums are EXEMPT:
Dragons for Sale
Items for Sale
Flight Sales
Art Sales
Raffles
Dragon Trading
Dragons Wanted
I think you can bump once a day for most areas.
I forget which sales forum you can bump as many times as you want per day.
@WyvernVenom

edit: sorry, I take that back, I read this in the suggestions forum
Quote:
Do not bump threads in discussion forums. This includes but is not limited to:

“Up”, “bump”, “to the top!”, “^”, etc.
Bumping a thread and deleting the post that bumped it (“ghost-bumping”)
The following forums are EXEMPT:
Dragons for Sale
Items for Sale
Flight Sales
Art Sales
Raffles
Dragon Trading
Dragons Wanted
arcane_ani.gifQFMsHc3.pngarcane_ani.gif
@WyvernVenom The only forums exempt from the rules against bumping are the Sales Forums, so it's correct to say that you cannot bump in the Suggestions Forum. You may want to draft your suggestion on a word document and then post it. :)
@WyvernVenom The only forums exempt from the rules against bumping are the Sales Forums, so it's correct to say that you cannot bump in the Suggestions Forum. You may want to draft your suggestion on a word document and then post it. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches

I'm planning to separate it into multiple posts, so would I be able to WIP it until I'm done with all but the last post and then use the Word strategy to do a combination bump/final post? That is, the post that bumps it up to the top would not be solely a bump post.

Asking so I can preview some of the BBCode, which I can't do in Word.
@JCStitches

I'm planning to separate it into multiple posts, so would I be able to WIP it until I'm done with all but the last post and then use the Word strategy to do a combination bump/final post? That is, the post that bumps it up to the top would not be solely a bump post.

Asking so I can preview some of the BBCode, which I can't do in Word.
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom As long as you are adding something relevant, then yes, that is perfectly fine! :)
@WyvernVenom As long as you are adding something relevant, then yes, that is perfectly fine! :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.