Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Multiple Accounts For One House?
1 2 3
Hello!

I'm having a bit of a problem, in the fact that with the new registration period coming up, my sister wants to sign up for the site. This is somewhat of a problem, as we both live in the same house and have the same IP?

I'm already aware that people can only have one account (understandably, of course!) but I was afraid that having multiple accounts from one IP may also be a problem, especially if we end up trading or sending each other things, as it may look as though it was one person that had two accounts.

I just wanted to get it cleared up if it's alright or not, thank you!
Hello!

I'm having a bit of a problem, in the fact that with the new registration period coming up, my sister wants to sign up for the site. This is somewhat of a problem, as we both live in the same house and have the same IP?

I'm already aware that people can only have one account (understandably, of course!) but I was afraid that having multiple accounts from one IP may also be a problem, especially if we end up trading or sending each other things, as it may look as though it was one person that had two accounts.

I just wanted to get it cleared up if it's alright or not, thank you!
@Amora, sharing an IP or even a computer isn't going to get someone actioned for multiple accounts.
@Amora, sharing an IP or even a computer isn't going to get someone actioned for multiple accounts.
Alright, thank you! I just wanted to be sure.
Alright, thank you! I just wanted to be sure.
Sorry for hijacking your post, Amora.. !!

@Aequorin- How can we let the mods know that we're a same-IP house or university?
Do we just put a disclaimer on our userpage?
Sorry for hijacking your post, Amora.. !!

@Aequorin- How can we let the mods know that we're a same-IP house or university?
Do we just put a disclaimer on our userpage?
@Mienshao, if you want to do that, that's fine. We have other methods to sort out multi-accounters from shared family IPs.
@Mienshao, if you want to do that, that's fine. We have other methods to sort out multi-accounters from shared family IPs.
@Amora

If I'm okay, you'll be fine.
My family had 6 users in the same house at one point. One moved away but we still have 5.
My sister got into FR back in October or so and now has gotten me, her hubs, my wife, my daughter and a friend who was rooming with us at the time all into it. :)
So I'm sure they have no issues with multiple accounts on an IP being mistaken for multi accounts. If they had issues with that, I'm sure we'd have had issues by now.
@Amora

If I'm okay, you'll be fine.
My family had 6 users in the same house at one point. One moved away but we still have 5.
My sister got into FR back in October or so and now has gotten me, her hubs, my wife, my daughter and a friend who was rooming with us at the time all into it. :)
So I'm sure they have no issues with multiple accounts on an IP being mistaken for multi accounts. If they had issues with that, I'm sure we'd have had issues by now.
7HydpTe.png jFhVofF.png
@Aequorin

What methods are used to sort out multi-accounters from shared family IPs?

Something a few RL friends and I have been concerned about is how the FR team is able to determine who's using multiple accounts and who's playing by the rules. I'm currently living with several friends right now (one of them also has a Flight Rising account) and due to financial reasons, we're often sharing the same computer to do our daily food + material gathering. There've been several instances where I've done my friend's daily gathering at their request because they're working a night shift and can't get to it in time.

What has me increasingly worried about this issue is another friend living here is now interested in registering an account during the June 3rd window since she missed the last one. Will all three of us be at risk of getting our accounts closed due to logging in on the same computer and using our accounts one after the other? We realize we might be a special case, and all three of us are willing to hold a Skype conference call to clear our names if it comes down to it, but we're also a bit reluctant to release too much personal info.

If using the same computer/IP and being active on FR during the same time frame(s) puts our accounts in danger, will we have to resort to using our phones or another device instead?
@Aequorin

What methods are used to sort out multi-accounters from shared family IPs?

Something a few RL friends and I have been concerned about is how the FR team is able to determine who's using multiple accounts and who's playing by the rules. I'm currently living with several friends right now (one of them also has a Flight Rising account) and due to financial reasons, we're often sharing the same computer to do our daily food + material gathering. There've been several instances where I've done my friend's daily gathering at their request because they're working a night shift and can't get to it in time.

What has me increasingly worried about this issue is another friend living here is now interested in registering an account during the June 3rd window since she missed the last one. Will all three of us be at risk of getting our accounts closed due to logging in on the same computer and using our accounts one after the other? We realize we might be a special case, and all three of us are willing to hold a Skype conference call to clear our names if it comes down to it, but we're also a bit reluctant to release too much personal info.

If using the same computer/IP and being active on FR during the same time frame(s) puts our accounts in danger, will we have to resort to using our phones or another device instead?
fr_banner1_zps7dcff306.jpg
@Orange04 I don't think the mods/admins will disclose exactly how they detect multi-accounting, because then it would be really easy for a multi-accounter to just...not do those things and escape detection Dx But if I had to guess, I'd say: don't do a lot of gifting/ one-sided trades between yourself and your room-mates :o IP address sharing is just one factor they look at, so if that's the only red flag for y'all, then you probably don't have anything to worry about!
@Orange04 I don't think the mods/admins will disclose exactly how they detect multi-accounting, because then it would be really easy for a multi-accounter to just...not do those things and escape detection Dx But if I had to guess, I'd say: don't do a lot of gifting/ one-sided trades between yourself and your room-mates :o IP address sharing is just one factor they look at, so if that's the only red flag for y'all, then you probably don't have anything to worry about!
cZLsLHr.png
@Amora

I was recently told by Undel that just so long as multi-player households/multi-player IPs don't do a ton of trading that they should generally be okay. I think if you are just playing, and not sending everything you gather, or every single dragon to your friend/family member, that you should be okay. The occasional gift is fine. I've had me and my friend playing on the same IP and sometimes even the same computer(s) and we have sent things back and forth (for my raffle mostly, and as gifts) and generally we are okay. I guess it helps that she also plays at her house as well as mine, lol. I just figure that if you are mindful of how you interact on here, you should generally be safe. When all else fails, put a marker on your profile that denotes you and (insert other people) play the game in the same household on the same IP. I've been here two months and generally haven't had any problems.
@Amora

I was recently told by Undel that just so long as multi-player households/multi-player IPs don't do a ton of trading that they should generally be okay. I think if you are just playing, and not sending everything you gather, or every single dragon to your friend/family member, that you should be okay. The occasional gift is fine. I've had me and my friend playing on the same IP and sometimes even the same computer(s) and we have sent things back and forth (for my raffle mostly, and as gifts) and generally we are okay. I guess it helps that she also plays at her house as well as mine, lol. I just figure that if you are mindful of how you interact on here, you should generally be safe. When all else fails, put a marker on your profile that denotes you and (insert other people) play the game in the same household on the same IP. I've been here two months and generally haven't had any problems.
@Jaena

Awww shoot. We've done a lot of item trading and my roomie regularly sends a ton of gathered food since he only has two dragons to feed and I have a lot of them. If that has to stop in order to keep our accounts in the clear, then it's no biggie. I'm just hoping we're not both flagged for that now. x_x
@Jaena

Awww shoot. We've done a lot of item trading and my roomie regularly sends a ton of gathered food since he only has two dragons to feed and I have a lot of them. If that has to stop in order to keep our accounts in the clear, then it's no biggie. I'm just hoping we're not both flagged for that now. x_x
fr_banner1_zps7dcff306.jpg
1 2 3