Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Imagine People Cosplaying your OC
[font=american gothic][size=4]@bandaidbunny @Azurah Yes! I'd definitely would be ecstatic to see someone rise up to the challenge. I remember back in the day when there was a toothless quad running around, and I've seen some absolutely incredibly digitigrade and even ungulate legs among those fond of monsterpalooza(s). Not to mention anything done by the Stan Winston company. I'd absolutely love to see someone try and cosplay as one of my lovey critters, even if most of them look like they'd belong in the bestiary of Drifting Dragons compared to your average protagonist! [img]https://swsca-production.s3.amazonaws.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/657/content_jurassic-park-raptor-suit-stan-winston-studio-archival-photo-dinosaur-practical-effects--47.jpg[/img] Stan Winston and John Rosengrant (the Velociraptor) during the production of [i]Jurassic Park.[/i]
@bandaidbunny @Azurah

Yes! I'd definitely would be ecstatic to see someone rise up to the challenge. I remember back in the day when there was a toothless quad running around, and I've seen some absolutely incredibly digitigrade and even ungulate legs among those fond of monsterpalooza(s). Not to mention anything done by the Stan Winston company. I'd absolutely love to see someone try and cosplay as one of my lovey critters, even if most of them look like they'd belong in the bestiary of Drifting Dragons compared to your average protagonist!

content_jurassic-park-raptor-suit-stan-winston-studio-archival-photo-dinosaur-practical-effects--47.jpg
Stan Winston and John Rosengrant (the Velociraptor) during the production of Jurassic Park.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
How people would do many of my OCs is a great question. Let me get the very simple ones out of the way.

Mask - Fluffy mascot costume, could be a fursuit of sorts of the (nearly nonexistent besides the ever so existent foursuit, who I forgot the artist of) osc variety. Mask is orange and magenta, with heavy fur, a snout, and black fluffy limbs and paws similar to that of a wolf.

Confetti - Similar to making a fursuit, except of a white four-shaped beast with red, yellow, and purple dots.

Lunaris - Although she’s literally a fursona, if I were to use her in my works, I’d discourage cosplaying as she’d be a reference side character. For anyone wondering, Lunaris is a white dog with antlers. Best interpretation would be a samoyed or swiss shepherd dog with grey antlers.

Narrator Sikuli - You could do Sikuli easily with a teal sweater or dress with a bow holding up a long ponytail, with a few dangling stars on the arms and some painted stars and hearts on the face.

Now for the more interesting ones I think would be more complicated.

Maverick - I can see the nonexistent face done with a complicated hat that gradients the face to white from black or a slightly painted bodysuit with the sweater, claws, paws, and teeth put on with a ton of fake blood. It’d be a very interesting mix.

Clear Sky - The absence of limb connections (aka arms, legs, feet, and a neck) plus her floating could be interpreted in a variety of ways, although I wouldn’t know how to put it. As well, you’d have to make fake wings that can swing forward and back for camera shots if doing a pose of her signature attack, where she flings her wings forward in an attempt to stun the local firewalls, that should also stay rigid during most moments.

Weirdwall, Supernova, and Wingless - Same issues as Clear Sky, except Supernova and Weirdwall don’t have the wing issue.

Narrator Risk - The two issues are the wings, which have various floating pieces and constantly shifts in color, would be heavily difficult to make, and the aura on her legs. I can see this averted by chameleon fabric and fishing line/pipe cleaners, but the effects wouldn’t be near as impressive. Same floating issues as previous four mentioned.
How people would do many of my OCs is a great question. Let me get the very simple ones out of the way.

Mask - Fluffy mascot costume, could be a fursuit of sorts of the (nearly nonexistent besides the ever so existent foursuit, who I forgot the artist of) osc variety. Mask is orange and magenta, with heavy fur, a snout, and black fluffy limbs and paws similar to that of a wolf.

Confetti - Similar to making a fursuit, except of a white four-shaped beast with red, yellow, and purple dots.

Lunaris - Although she’s literally a fursona, if I were to use her in my works, I’d discourage cosplaying as she’d be a reference side character. For anyone wondering, Lunaris is a white dog with antlers. Best interpretation would be a samoyed or swiss shepherd dog with grey antlers.

Narrator Sikuli - You could do Sikuli easily with a teal sweater or dress with a bow holding up a long ponytail, with a few dangling stars on the arms and some painted stars and hearts on the face.

Now for the more interesting ones I think would be more complicated.

Maverick - I can see the nonexistent face done with a complicated hat that gradients the face to white from black or a slightly painted bodysuit with the sweater, claws, paws, and teeth put on with a ton of fake blood. It’d be a very interesting mix.

Clear Sky - The absence of limb connections (aka arms, legs, feet, and a neck) plus her floating could be interpreted in a variety of ways, although I wouldn’t know how to put it. As well, you’d have to make fake wings that can swing forward and back for camera shots if doing a pose of her signature attack, where she flings her wings forward in an attempt to stun the local firewalls, that should also stay rigid during most moments.

Weirdwall, Supernova, and Wingless - Same issues as Clear Sky, except Supernova and Weirdwall don’t have the wing issue.

Narrator Risk - The two issues are the wings, which have various floating pieces and constantly shifts in color, would be heavily difficult to make, and the aura on her legs. I can see this averted by chameleon fabric and fishing line/pipe cleaners, but the effects wouldn’t be near as impressive. Same floating issues as previous four mentioned.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
I meaaan, all of my oc's are either some kind of scarecrow or some kind of complex kaiju so I guess some are easier then others-
I meaaan, all of my oc's are either some kind of scarecrow or some kind of complex kaiju so I guess some are easier then others-
YMPbu9R.png JGB1EvW.png OgrHaum.png DwStNU1.png o7ZCFYm.png RfMwnPI.png twiuBT0.png r8v91MH.png
people could do my ocs in a wide variety of different things- i have mainly warrior cats ocs so if someone were to cosplay my main it would prolly be a fursuit one way or another. personally if i was gonna cosplay her i'd do the human design i recently made (which is still a work in progress) just cause i like her hair
people could do my ocs in a wide variety of different things- i have mainly warrior cats ocs so if someone were to cosplay my main it would prolly be a fursuit one way or another. personally if i was gonna cosplay her i'd do the human design i recently made (which is still a work in progress) just cause i like her hair
milkchai-cacat.pngYMPbu9R.pngk3PfQGk.pngoaolHwW.pngY6nir0L.pngQq78qBr.pngweia2aX.pngZxGbXMY.pngiJZWqi6.pngfeXtM27.pngJ7D1quC.pnggZH0mcN.pngytkEBod.png
Jove is pretty simple, all things considered. Though I doubt anyone's going to a con barefoot. [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/36546639_y902o00ChY3OHpx.png[/img] The only thing I could see being tricky is the hair. It kind of works on anime logic, so I don't think the exact hairstyle is possible in real life. Not to mention you'd have to somehow get a teal wig with a purple ombre, then style it into that.
Jove is pretty simple, all things considered. Though I doubt anyone's going to a con barefoot.
36546639_y902o00ChY3OHpx.png
The only thing I could see being tricky is the hair. It kind of works on anime logic, so I don't think the exact hairstyle is possible in real life. Not to mention you'd have to somehow get a teal wig with a purple ombre, then style it into that.
j0lGliX.png
she/her
FR+3
@Requacy
:0 i also forgot about prop/technnical puppets too OMg!! that could be so cool- I love that Sam Winstson one
Im not really a part of furry/dragon/ect spaces but do you think Broadway animal stylized puppets like in Lionking/Into the Woods could be another way people could create cosplays?

@IrradiatedRisk
Not wanting people to Cosplay your fursona makes total sence- might be strange to see a double of yourself at a con- didn't think of it

Ive seen missing limbs done with mirrors, object practical effects (Putting magic were an arm would be), and Greenscreen gloove effects, so that could be cool

@LillianRain19
Scarecrow costumes can range a lot in style from cute to creepy, would you have a preference there?
also, have you seen those little Godzilla inflatables? What if you saw one for your Kaiju?

@hysteriaclipse
Humanoid warrior cats- what kind of clothes did you design for yours? also, I'm kinda dying to know how you translated the fur to hair:0c

@MaplesHaiku
Alot of cons I've been to have shoe rules... most of those people cosplaying shoeless characters were slip-ons and take them off for pictures , as for the wigs, have you seen HNK wigs, I've seen people do some wild stuff for wigs
@Requacy
:0 i also forgot about prop/technnical puppets too OMg!! that could be so cool- I love that Sam Winstson one
Im not really a part of furry/dragon/ect spaces but do you think Broadway animal stylized puppets like in Lionking/Into the Woods could be another way people could create cosplays?

@IrradiatedRisk
Not wanting people to Cosplay your fursona makes total sence- might be strange to see a double of yourself at a con- didn't think of it

Ive seen missing limbs done with mirrors, object practical effects (Putting magic were an arm would be), and Greenscreen gloove effects, so that could be cool

@LillianRain19
Scarecrow costumes can range a lot in style from cute to creepy, would you have a preference there?
also, have you seen those little Godzilla inflatables? What if you saw one for your Kaiju?

@hysteriaclipse
Humanoid warrior cats- what kind of clothes did you design for yours? also, I'm kinda dying to know how you translated the fur to hair:0c

@MaplesHaiku
Alot of cons I've been to have shoe rules... most of those people cosplaying shoeless characters were slip-ons and take them off for pictures , as for the wigs, have you seen HNK wigs, I've seen people do some wild stuff for wigs
dT9HQge.png
sNuSVZA.png
27AZD8S.png
Mesq6uj.png
J7D1quC.png
nM5PAQS8EALQX.png
4ogWlJU.png
jylZHUm.png
R1dejfm.png
KRcB6uC.png
@bandaidbunny
Yeah, that makes sense. I searched up HNK wigs because you mentioned it, and wow, those really are impressive :O
@bandaidbunny
Yeah, that makes sense. I searched up HNK wigs because you mentioned it, and wow, those really are impressive :O
j0lGliX.png
she/her
FR+3
I don't think it'd be that unreasonable, they're a human. They do have kind of funky hair, though, so that'd be fun. [img]https://i.ibb.co/S0SBhq5/Untitled10-20240726192245.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/2YhxQT9/Untitled2-20240603230013.png[/img]
I don't think it'd be that unreasonable, they're a human. They do have kind of funky hair, though, so that'd be fun.

Untitled10-20240726192245.png

Untitled2-20240603230013.png
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Nothing Fancy Hatchery Raffle!
[font=american gothic][size=4]@bandaidbunny YES! I absolutely love how the broadway Lion King does its costumes and puppets. Puppetry as a whole is extremely underrated. I would really love for someone to do a cosplay similar to my favorite theatre puppet- the War Horse puppet. [img]https://dailytrojan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/web_horse.jpg[/img] Please check out a video of it in motion- it feels like a horse.
@bandaidbunny

YES! I absolutely love how the broadway Lion King does its costumes and puppets. Puppetry as a whole is extremely underrated. I would really love for someone to do a cosplay similar to my favorite theatre puppet- the War Horse puppet.
web_horse.jpg
Please check out a video of it in motion- it feels like a horse.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Hmmm… since most of my OCs are humans (or humanoids), I bet cosplaying them wouldn’t really be that hard? But then again, some of them have clothing/armor that might be real tricky to pull off, and also hairstlyes that go by anime logic I guess.

Case in Point: My beautiful baby boy Suuhaa… whose hair is literally made out of mist, and it would be a NIGHTMARE for an actual cosplayer to make it seem like it was floating in the air!

And I bet cosplaying Donkama might be more of a challenge too, because: 1) their hair bangs are weirdly asymetrical, 2) they’re a robot but half of their body is covered in synthetic skin to make them look like more of an android on one side or something, 3) they have mismatched eyes, with one being entirely yellow (which can sometimes turn red if malfunctioning), 4) idk if anyone would ever want to find the cardigan(?) they’re wearing since I based it off over an page of an old fashion catalogue from the 1960s… (shrugs)

But then again those two characters are based off and named after two songs that are referred for their high difficultly in the rhythm game they came from, so hey, who am I to judge?
Hmmm… since most of my OCs are humans (or humanoids), I bet cosplaying them wouldn’t really be that hard? But then again, some of them have clothing/armor that might be real tricky to pull off, and also hairstlyes that go by anime logic I guess.

Case in Point: My beautiful baby boy Suuhaa… whose hair is literally made out of mist, and it would be a NIGHTMARE for an actual cosplayer to make it seem like it was floating in the air!

And I bet cosplaying Donkama might be more of a challenge too, because: 1) their hair bangs are weirdly asymetrical, 2) they’re a robot but half of their body is covered in synthetic skin to make them look like more of an android on one side or something, 3) they have mismatched eyes, with one being entirely yellow (which can sometimes turn red if malfunctioning), 4) idk if anyone would ever want to find the cardigan(?) they’re wearing since I based it off over an page of an old fashion catalogue from the 1960s… (shrugs)

But then again those two characters are based off and named after two songs that are referred for their high difficultly in the rhythm game they came from, so hey, who am I to judge?