Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | NYTs Games
I absolutely love the NYT games! I play them every day at lunch as a sweet little ritual with my friends, and I thought it would be a fun idea to see if anyone else on Flight Rising was looking for a NYT Games hub like I was.

For those browsing but not familiar with the games:

- The Mini: A crossword, usually around ten-ish clues of shorter words, meant to be completed in about a minute or so.
- Connections: 16 words are placed on a 4x4 grid. Each set of 4 words has something in common, and you group those words together.b
- Wordle: You're given 6 attempts to guess a 5-letter word. For each attempt, you're told if you've got the right letter and whether or not it's in the right place.
- The Strands: You're given a theme and a word-search-esque board of letters. You attempt to find words relating to the theme within the board.

I think my personal favorite is the Strands, followed by the Connections and then the Mini. I'm not a big Wordle fan and I don't subscribe for the big crossword/Spelling Bee, but I don't really think that either are my taste anyway.

Spoiler for 04/23 strands: ||I repeatedly spelled ingredients like "ingredience" and was so, so confused for a while. For one, it was saying that I was spelling it wrong - which I was, of course, but I thought it had to do with all the random vowels in the middle lol. Not only that, this was clearly the spanagram but it didn't span all the way across - it went from the bottom to the side. Anyway, I had to show a friend who laughed at me for a while until correcting my spelling mistake. Whoops.||
I absolutely love the NYT games! I play them every day at lunch as a sweet little ritual with my friends, and I thought it would be a fun idea to see if anyone else on Flight Rising was looking for a NYT Games hub like I was.

For those browsing but not familiar with the games:

- The Mini: A crossword, usually around ten-ish clues of shorter words, meant to be completed in about a minute or so.
- Connections: 16 words are placed on a 4x4 grid. Each set of 4 words has something in common, and you group those words together.b
- Wordle: You're given 6 attempts to guess a 5-letter word. For each attempt, you're told if you've got the right letter and whether or not it's in the right place.
- The Strands: You're given a theme and a word-search-esque board of letters. You attempt to find words relating to the theme within the board.

I think my personal favorite is the Strands, followed by the Connections and then the Mini. I'm not a big Wordle fan and I don't subscribe for the big crossword/Spelling Bee, but I don't really think that either are my taste anyway.

Spoiler for 04/23 strands: ||I repeatedly spelled ingredients like "ingredience" and was so, so confused for a while. For one, it was saying that I was spelling it wrong - which I was, of course, but I thought it had to do with all the random vowels in the middle lol. Not only that, this was clearly the spanagram but it didn't span all the way across - it went from the bottom to the side. Anyway, I had to show a friend who laughed at me for a while until correcting my spelling mistake. Whoops.||
Big fan of wordle and connections! been a hot minute since I played either of them but I had a 100-something streak on Wordle last year. I only lost it because I was away from my computer for a school trip for a few days, and I asked my brother to enter in my stuff for me. He forgot the first day :face palm:
Big fan of wordle and connections! been a hot minute since I played either of them but I had a 100-something streak on Wordle last year. I only lost it because I was away from my computer for a school trip for a few days, and I asked my brother to enter in my stuff for me. He forgot the first day :face palm:
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
i used to play wordle (& connections) daily very religiously but nowadays i mostly stumble back to it when i'm bored. love the mini!

mini > strands > wordle > connections for me. :)
i used to play wordle (& connections) daily very religiously but nowadays i mostly stumble back to it when i'm bored. love the mini!

mini > strands > wordle > connections for me. :)
JrZGMGx.png
4SzSxLW.png
UqlBGwo.png
i love when tragedies are like “the love was there. it didnt change anything.
it didnt save anyone. there were just too many forces against it.
but it still matters that the love was there.”
keelah se'lai